Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

is there a way to repair this??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
silent--likethenight
Private
Private
silent--likethenight

is there a way to repair this?? Empty
PostSubject: is there a way to repair this??   is there a way to repair this?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:19 pm

there's AUGs for sale at a website with stripped piston heads and I want to know if I could buy one and fix it.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: is there a way to repair this??   is there a way to repair this?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:20 pm

I think you could just buy a new piston head or even a new piston.....someone correct me if I'm wrong. study
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
silent--likethenight
Private
Private
silent--likethenight

PostSubject: Re: is there a way to repair this??   is there a way to repair this?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:46 pm

and if he's right how much would this cost?
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: is there a way to repair this??   is there a way to repair this?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:42 pm

i think that a striped piston means that the teeth were striped and i think this may be the part you are looking for but it is hart to tell with out seeing the site...
you should post the site...and ask other people what they think because i may be wrong.
http://www.airsoftpost.com/matrix-high-speed-full-teeth-piston-metal-teeth-strip-airsoft-gearbox-p-30044.html
Back to top Go down
silent--likethenight
Private
Private
silent--likethenight

PostSubject: Re: is there a way to repair this??   is there a way to repair this?? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:10 am

the problem is the site is wierd because it works was one page essentialy. so you have to go to www.shortyusa.com and look ok the second page of the 'specails' section. any help wout be greatly apreciated.
Back to top Go down
silent--likethenight
Private
Private
silent--likethenight

PostSubject: Re: is there a way to repair this??   is there a way to repair this?? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:23 am

on futher reasurch I found that it will mor be easy but will be cheap. thanx for the help
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: is there a way to repair this??   is there a way to repair this?? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:25 pm

A stripped piston head ???

It has to be a stripped piston,

If you are familiar with GB dis-assembly, no problem, depending on the price of the gun, you could be saving yourself a good load of money.

First find out what kind of Piston was installed, if it was a Plastic or Full POM piston, O.K., if it was a piston with Metal Teeth, go for a big reduction in the Price, chances are the gears are also damaged, could be that they are ok 50/50 chance.
Back to top Go down
silent--likethenight
Private
Private
silent--likethenight

PostSubject: Re: is there a way to repair this??   is there a way to repair this?? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 1:26 am

well it's a factory default
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: is there a way to repair this??   is there a way to repair this?? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 5:23 am

well if it is a factory installed piston, then it is most likly POM or Plastic, The sector gear shaved its way through the piston, little to worry about, except for cleaning all the junk out of the GB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is there a way to repair this??   is there a way to repair this?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is there a way to repair this??
Page 1 of 1