Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

MARPAT and CADPAT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sambam2011
Sergeant
Sergeant
sambam2011

MARPAT and CADPAT Empty
PostSubject: MARPAT and CADPAT   MARPAT and CADPAT Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:01 pm

KKoeber and i have been having a disagrement...he says that CADPAT is a Canadian version of MARPAT...i did some research and found that CADPAT came first (around 1997 or so)... SO therefore MARPAT if anything is a offshoot of CADPAT but idk...Can anyone tell us the
true story behind CADPAT and MARPAT?
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

MARPAT and CADPAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: MARPAT and CADPAT   MARPAT and CADPAT Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:57 pm

CADPAT came first but the Digi design was not designed by the Canadian Military. Almost all the modern military patterns (any country) are designed by a 'contracted' company.

The actual digi design in camo has been around for while. Some larger digi patterns were used on aircraft and even tanks stationed in Europe in the late 70's early 80's. The company that makes CADPAT (name has slipped me ATM) just used it on a smaller scale first.

[edit] I have proof! http://www.uniteddynamics.com/dualtex/ [/edit]

sticks
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

MARPAT and CADPAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: MARPAT and CADPAT   MARPAT and CADPAT Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:47 am

actually were not arguing on it any more... i researched it and i found out that we were both wrong.... the first military to use digital camo was the U.S. Army.... so i don't know why he posted on this. the army started using digital camo in the early 1980's.
Back to top Go down
sambam2011
Sergeant
Sergeant
sambam2011

MARPAT and CADPAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: MARPAT and CADPAT   MARPAT and CADPAT Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:29 pm

I the fact that the army had Digi in 1970 has nothing to do with this... u told me that marpat was the basis for CADPAT
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

MARPAT and CADPAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: MARPAT and CADPAT   MARPAT and CADPAT Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 3:03 pm

kkoerber wrote:
actually were not arguing on it any more... i researched it and i found out that we were both wrong.... the first military to use digital camo was the U.S. Army.... so i don't know why he posted on this. the army started using digital camo in the early 1980's.

Oh how wrong you are.

CADPAT is a Trademark of the Canadian Government

MARPAT is a Trademark of the U.S. Marine Corps

The U.S. Marines considered adopting CADPAT for their new pattern, however the Canadian government owns the copyright for the pattern. The Canadian government supplied information and manufacturers to help the Marines with the computer-generated Digital Pattern pixilated uniform the Canadians had been developing since 1988.

MARPAT was developed with the help of the Canadian Department of National Defence and their extensive research used to develop CADPAT.

According to a source involved in the CADPAT evaluation process, testing with Digital patterns apparently started in Canada around 1995:

CADPAT was officially adopted as the standard Canadian Army pattern in 1997. The pattern had to be reproduced on fabric with exacting accuracy to ensure integrity of the “pixellation”. This pixellation is a key element of CADPAT’s overall effectiveness.

The initial 6-month trial was conducted in 1998, using 660 CADPAT uniforms. 2 uniforms per man were issued to the members of 3 x 110-man Light Infantry Companies based in Eastern, Central and Western Canada.

Guy Cramer invented the digital camo unknowingly that canada had a similar pattern.

So summary:

Canada had it first, and then helped the Marines to obtain it second, at the same time that guy cramer (A marine) invented a digital style camo.

There are now 7 uses for it:

Second Use: Government of Canada 1996 CADPAT

Third Use: Guy Cramer 1998 "SASBAN" {PIXELPAT} (objective evidence of 1999 copyright).

Fourth Use: United States Marine Corps; MARPAT year 2000+

*The Marines allowed Propper Int. to make a commercial version of MARPAT called Jungle Stalker. Propper was required to change the colors for this limited run.

Fifth Use: Finland - Army

Sixth Use: China - Marines

Seventh Use: Kingdom of Jordan
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

MARPAT and CADPAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: MARPAT and CADPAT   MARPAT and CADPAT Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:58 pm

my point is that marpat and cadpat are like the same thing but differant colors
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

MARPAT and CADPAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: MARPAT and CADPAT   MARPAT and CADPAT Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:27 pm

Actually AFU he was right, the fist digi pattern was used by the US Army. See my link, its not for uniforms but for larger mobile vehicles. And both the contracted company that designed CADPAT and helped with MARPAT cited O'Neals' Dula-tex as an inspiration for their camo patterns.

Also their are actually alot more digi camo users around the world. The new Iraqi Police/Military being one of them(along with the Georgians, the Philippine police force, and the PLA{China}).

I'm sure there are alot more people adopting digi patterns but thats all that I can think of right now. MP.net does good for ones military references Smile.

Great info on the origins of Digital Uniforms and their origins! If I could +1 I would!

sticks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MARPAT and CADPAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: MARPAT and CADPAT   MARPAT and CADPAT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MARPAT and CADPAT
Page 1 of 1