Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Any body use MARPAT?

Go down 
+2
JARHEAD
lonesniper24
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Any body use MARPAT? Empty
PostSubject: Any body use MARPAT?   Any body use MARPAT? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:07 am

So today i decided i wanted to go get lost in colorado, my destination ended up being evergreen colorado. well since i took the bus up there and only two busses come a day i was stuck up there for 6 hours and my girl was in denver (she lives up there) well i went off into the woods made a little fire and set up a shelter and i was looking at the trees and ground. well it looked a lot like marapt camo, so imma buy some. anybody have anything to say about the camo pros and cons
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Any body use MARPAT?   Any body use MARPAT? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:17 am

i think it works very well, i have it one a backpack and my DM Bigfoot has it for bdus and loves it. i would recomend it but to tell the truth ACU does blend a bit better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Any body use MARPAT?   Any body use MARPAT? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:35 am

well the only acu i can find is in desert, since im not going to have ghillie for a while i need to blend in the best i can, since MARPAT has the greys blacks browns and greens it should work good here. i had a lot of time to think about it haha
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Any body use MARPAT?   Any body use MARPAT? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:29 am

MARPAT works great around here. I don't even wear my ACU anymore. I like the design of the uniform better than the old style too. Easier to attach and remove patches and such and the pockets are well-placed and well-fastened, but still easy to open. The mandarin collar doesn't look the best imo, but it grows on you and the functionality can't be beat.
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Any body use MARPAT?   Any body use MARPAT? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 11:24 am

Just make sure you get the real stuff not the knock offs most airsoft stores sell...they last about 5 mins in the woods.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any body use MARPAT?   Any body use MARPAT? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:02 pm

Zane wrote:
Just make sure you get the real stuff not the knock offs most airsoft stores sell...they last about 5 mins in the woods.

I agree - buy a nice pair. I purchased a fairly inexpensive set of MARPAT jacket/pants and they're constructed well, but faded very quickly. Faded MARPAT is not nearly as effective, and has caused me to be mistaken for the enemy while playing at events where it's tan-based versus green-based camo styles. Where I normally play on the green team, the MARPAT design (often) includes a lot of tan-based colors so it's difficult to distinguish what team I'm on when it's such a blend of both green and tan. Just a thought Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Any body use MARPAT?   Any body use MARPAT? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:53 pm

The ones I got were TruSpec. Just thought I'd throw that out there. The thing I don't like about the TruSpec design though is that it has no IR squares on the shoulders, but it does have IR covers BUT the covers are too short to cover the place where the IR squares WOULD be if it did have them. It's possible I just got a lemon and that all TRU's are supposed to have IR covers of the correct length.
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Any body use MARPAT?   Any body use MARPAT? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:41 pm

nah spec is one of the knock offs, so they all will be like that, when you wash it wash it on gentle or the color will go out fast on these.

(They are one of the better sets out there..but your bestbet would be to go to a surplus store.)
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Any body use MARPAT?   Any body use MARPAT? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:32 pm

Real companies that make MARPAT for the USMC.

American Apparel

Propper(military branch, they also make a rather crappy civi set, not the same thing).

Ive had AAP trousers, Propper Blouse/trousers(back in the day) and Tru Spec trousers(back in the day). I gotta say I like the actual design features of the AAP the best. The propper stuff would get my vote as the better copy between them and tru spec. I have not worn the real USMC propper version yet. But I have seen them and they are really nice.

sticks
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Any body use MARPAT?   Any body use MARPAT? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 1:04 am

okay so it seems to be pretty good from what you guys are saying. i think im going to buy some, if not ill probely get a black hoodie and black pants and just do that set up.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Any body use MARPAT?   Any body use MARPAT? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:04 pm

If you buy the clone stuff just wash it on cold, and let it air dry. This will keep the colors longer. If there's no dirt then turn them inside out, this will also keep the colors bright.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Any body use MARPAT?   Any body use MARPAT? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:43 am

Yes and as for the black stuff....it wont conceal you at all, especialy at night (for some reason people tihnk black is best at night) Same stuff thats good during the day is good at night, black stands out. If your just doing indoor games and such then go for it
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Any body use MARPAT?   Any body use MARPAT? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:30 pm

if i do a night math ill get the pink panther camo for some reason i really like the design and they way it works is cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any body use MARPAT?   Any body use MARPAT? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any body use MARPAT?
Page 1 of 1