Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

fix gbb mags?

Go down 
+3
blackfoot1
M14 double-taps
ard777
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

fix gbb mags? Empty
PostSubject: fix gbb mags?   fix gbb mags? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:31 pm

Hey everyone. as most of you probably know, i have the maruzen ppk/s, which by the way is great, but, lately i have been having some mag issues. once i have the mag for a while, (about a month), it starts leaking gas slowly, then progresses to more and more and more and eventually i have to fire the mag within a minute otherwise the gas is gone. Is there anything i can use to fix these? If so, what? P.S. i have already tried tacky glue, super glue, hot glue, etc etc. Laughing thanks
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

fix gbb mags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fix gbb mags?   fix gbb mags? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:28 pm

What part of the magazine is the gas leaking from??

~ If its from the bottom, you need to tighten that area where you put gas INTO the mag with a flat head screw driver.

~ If from the top, you most likely need a new one of those rubber pieces where the gas EXITS the magazine, if our magazines are alike.

Unfortunatey,those rubber pieces can be EXTREMELY hard to find.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

fix gbb mags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fix gbb mags?   fix gbb mags? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:58 pm

No, it leaks from that gold part, that has a button to release all the gas. Is there some sort of sealant i can put on that part, since i really don't use the button anyway.
Back to top Go down
blackfoot1
Private
Private

fix gbb mags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fix gbb mags?   fix gbb mags? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:27 am

There should be a rubber seal inside that valve. It has probably split/shrunk.
If you can get inside the mag or remove the valve, try using black silicon sealant (I think it's called Mastick here in the UK), I used it to re-seal my M700 mag and it's holding Green Gas with no probs.
You can get it in hardware stores, I think plumbers use it and PVC window contractors.
Let it dry over night before refilling your mag.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

fix gbb mags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fix gbb mags?   fix gbb mags? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:02 pm

Oh, If I'm right this may be an easy fix. That button is actually kind of like a screw an most GBB mags. If you grab a flat-head screw-driver, and push the button in, you should be able to tighten that up. just don't push the button in too hard, ot it will get stuck pushed in. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

fix gbb mags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fix gbb mags?   fix gbb mags? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:09 pm

ok i will try that. The black button in the middle has no notches or anything in it, but the gold part around it has notches. Do you mean tighten the notches? Or do you mean push the button down and then turn it to the right, with some sort of tool.
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

fix gbb mags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fix gbb mags?   fix gbb mags? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:35 pm

Ok. I'm still having trouble, because now both mags for my ppk are leaking. My newer one took a while.. Ok. Both are leaking out of that black button i described earlier. I have now tried caulk, and i was going to try some product called great stuff, but i can't get it out of the can. There are little notches along the rim of the black button, and the metal ring the notches are on is colored gold. The black button is on the back of the mag, meaning if you were looking at all the bbs in your mag, its the exact other way. It is more to the top of the mag as well, very close to the top. I should also say that when i depress the black button, or at least when i would depress it when my mags were still working, gas would come out. So i'm not sure still what to do, if you still don't know what i am talking about, i will post a picture. Just ask. So please help. thanks
Ard
Sorry about the frantic typing, my mags need help though... lol
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

fix gbb mags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fix gbb mags?   fix gbb mags? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:13 am

DO NOT USE ''GREAT STUFF'' it is a foam made for keeping air in/out of a place but don't use it it is an expanding foam and wont do you much good considering its porous! and does not stick well to plastic and metal!!!!
Back to top Go down
HoboBob
Major
Major
HoboBob

fix gbb mags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fix gbb mags?   fix gbb mags? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:17 am

Mgunner is right. It wont stick to metal or plastic but if you put it in a confined location it will press itself against the walls and wont budge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/recon6
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

fix gbb mags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fix gbb mags?   fix gbb mags? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 3:07 pm

Ok, if i shouldn't use that, then what should i use? there doesn't seem to be a paste, tape or foam out there that can fix my leak.
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

fix gbb mags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fix gbb mags?   fix gbb mags? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Hello? What i asked before was does anyone know of any sort of thing i can put on or inside that black button on my gun to make it stop leaking? I have been searching google frantically and have no results so far.
Back to top Go down
Tank
Major
Major
Tank

fix gbb mags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fix gbb mags?   fix gbb mags? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:10 pm

Thats a place where i am not entitled to knowing!
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

fix gbb mags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fix gbb mags?   fix gbb mags? Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:18 pm

Alright, so i guess the hope is lost. I should probably be on my merry way and just buy new mags, right?
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

fix gbb mags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fix gbb mags?   fix gbb mags? Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:52 pm

Probally but by now I would have done boughten some . If you need any other help with this pistol in the future then I suggest that you just contact the manufacturer .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Sponsored content

fix gbb mags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fix gbb mags?   fix gbb mags? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fix gbb mags?
Page 1 of 1