Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

How many mags do i need?

Go down 
+3
HoboBob
MetallicAirsoft
TheOneNamedMike
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

How many mags do i need? Empty
PostSubject: How many mags do i need?   How many mags do i need? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:57 pm

Okay so on may 3rd (maybe) i'm going to a airsoft game (My first real airsoft game I guess). I have two mags for my VP5A4 (Or the MK5A4 whatever you want to call it). Ones a High Cap (came with the box and holds 200 rounds) and one is a mid cap (holds 150 rounds, no winding Very Happy ) I was wondering if this is enough? If not how much more should I buy? How many bullets would I be expected to waste? Thanks.

By the way, I usually shoot in semi auto, to reduce the amount of bullets I waste. Keep that In Mind
Back to top Go down
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

PostSubject: Re: How many mags do i need?   How many mags do i need? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:09 pm

you either need 5 more mids or 2-3 hi's
Back to top Go down
HoboBob
Major
Major
HoboBob

PostSubject: Re: How many mags do i need?   How many mags do i need? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:10 pm

It all depends how you shoot. If you don't shoot that much that should be fine because I have a friend with the exact same gun and he doesnt even use a hi-cap in one game sometimes because he only uses semi. Eventually I would probably get 3 or 4 more mid-caps but try it out with that and see how you fare.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/recon6
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

PostSubject: Re: How many mags do i need?   How many mags do i need? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:24 pm

If I were you and you usally shoot in seim-auto I would get maybe 4-5 more mid-caps. Mid-caps are better anyway becuase of no rattling of the BBs in the magazine and its more realistic. Although if you like high caps get another 1 or 2. That should be good enough for a while in combat and remember if your running low on ammo in combat use semi-auto only. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/STORMAIRSOFT1
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: How many mags do i need?   How many mags do i need? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 4:02 am

Depends also on the Type of Games you play,

If you are doing Speed Games ( fast action, lots of shooting, Short quick scenarios ), you will need 4-5 Hi-CAPS, 6-8 MID-CAPS, 8+ LOW-CAPS.

If you are doing MIL-Sim, MIL-SIM/RPG, games, 6-8 MID or LOW-CAPs are normally more than enough. Since MIL-SIM games are Story and Role based events, the emphasis is placed on Tactics ( out thinking you Opponent ), but be warned, most MIL-SIM events end with a Huge Battle,

Defend `` This ´´ piece of ground against the whole Mongolian Horde coming over the Hill !!!

Or you can always use this rule of Thumb,

Private to Squad Leader, before first Crisis Deployment.
Sargent, How many Magazines should I carry ??

Sargent to Private,
You carry as many Magazines as you are Scared. Wink
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: How many mags do i need?   How many mags do i need? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 4:30 am

Ya he's playing speed games for the most part from what I understand.
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: How many mags do i need?   How many mags do i need? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:13 am

slob212 wrote:

Defend `` This ´´ piece of ground against the whole Mongolian Horde coming over the Hill !!!

Or you can always use this rule of Thumb,

Private to Squad Leader, before first Crisis Deployment.
Sargent, How many Magazines should I carry ??

Sargent to Private,
You carry as many Magazines as you are Scared. Wink

HAHA
that made my day.
I'll be sure to carry as many magazines as i am scared Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: How many mags do i need?   How many mags do i need? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:14 am

Whoa thats gunna be alot of mags Mike. hahah
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: How many mags do i need?   How many mags do i need? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:15 am

Spl. Durkee wrote:
Whoa thats gunna be alot of mags Mike. hahah

HAHA very funny
but you are right, thats gonna be alot of mags..
Don't Judge me.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: How many mags do i need?   How many mags do i need? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:17 am

naw you'll do fine. Just keep your head up, eyes open, trigger finger ready, and stay by your orders.
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: How many mags do i need?   How many mags do i need? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 3:28 pm

you mean your orders? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: How many mags do i need?   How many mags do i need? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:37 pm

ya pretty much haha.
Back to top Go down
madwolf24
Private
Private
madwolf24

PostSubject: Re: How many mags do i need?   How many mags do i need? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:40 pm

Well, if you've got the money, buy some more high caps. I rather have wind up high caps then mid caps.
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: How many mags do i need?   How many mags do i need? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:43 pm

Yeah but Mk5 mags (mine) are really annoying. I have to wind so often just to shoot
Thats why i use mid caps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many mags do i need?   How many mags do i need? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many mags do i need?
Page 1 of 1