Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

suggestions for my first rifle

Go down 
+5
Lone Wolf
blackfoot1
sticks.13
kkoerber
silentandunseen
9 posters
AuthorMessage
silentandunseen
Private
Private

suggestions for my first rifle Empty
PostSubject: suggestions for my first rifle   suggestions for my first rifle Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 6:05 pm

Hi,
I am looking for my first rifle. My budget is $200. What would you recommend. I like the Well I96 but I also like to get into close combat. I was thinking about a more universal gun like a G36C, putting a scope on it and maybe adding a longer barell....but if the effective ranges on those "combat" rifles is nothing like the real sniper ones I would go for a long rifle for accuracy and range. Please help I know nothing about the guns out there...

thanks!
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for my first rifle   suggestions for my first rifle Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:07 pm

you can upgrade a nice AEG to be a lot better than any sniper and cheaper
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for my first rifle   suggestions for my first rifle Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:09 am

Better than any sniper rifle is an over statement, cheaper maybe, but better no.

I also agree, grab yourself an AEG. At this stage in airsoft(beginning). It doesn't really matter which style of gun you go with. However the Company is esential. Some good companies are, Tokyo Marui(TM), Classic Army(CA), KWA, Echo 1(E1), Jing Gong(JG), and D-boys/Boyi. Some the newer A&K guns are pretty good, there are also some very good CYMA models(newer). Stay away from the older models though.

Go with what you think looks the best, you will not regret it later.

sticks
Back to top Go down
blackfoot1
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for my first rifle   suggestions for my first rifle Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:19 am

Get an M14... Best of both worlds, full auto AND a good base for a DMR/sniper rifle.
If you don't fancy lugging a full sized rifle around, try the SOCOM versions. There are plenty of Chinese clones out there, so no need to spend a fortune on a TM gun (my bro had a TM version, I thought it was a pile of over priced cack!").

I have heaps of bolt action sniper rifles, but I decided to try a Dboyi/DBoys SPR... It's rubbish!
My Classic Army M15A4 out shoots it, but then again it would need to, it cost twice as much.

Never buy a gun because of the way it looks. You need to test it first, get the feel for it.
I bought the SPR because of a pic I saw in a magazine, now I'm stuck with a gun I hate (because of the airsoft laws in the UK, I'm not allowed to sell it on).
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for my first rifle   suggestions for my first rifle Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 10:53 am

So is a A&K SR25 or M16 SPR

In fact he mentioned the G36 earlier. Slob will tell you that it is a great sniper platform, not the C but something like the K you could make a DMR.

Oh and buying a gun for the way it looks is actually part of buying your gun. If you don't like the style chances are you are going to buy another gun because you think yours is f*ck ugly
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for my first rifle   suggestions for my first rifle Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 2:11 pm

you can make an AEG shoot farther and be just as accurate for cheaper than upgrading a sniper.... you get a gun that has a long inner barrel then you can get a tight bore for it and a longer inner barrel with a mock supreser.. then an upgrade gear box like a m150 and a torque up motor and a few odds and ends...
Back to top Go down
blackfoot1
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for my first rifle   suggestions for my first rifle Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:05 pm

I totally agree about the SR25 and the M16SPR being good base guns, but I wasn't too sure how much they cost in the US. silentandunseen only has $200 to play with.
I admit when buying AEGs I would usually go with what looks good, but a sniper rifle (bolt action) is more of a tool than a spray and pray AEG.
I should have mentioned that I was talking about bolt action rifles when I said not to buy on looks alone. A camo wrap hides a "f*ck ugly" gun.
Sorry for the confusion.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for my first rifle   suggestions for my first rifle Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:26 am

Just starting out in AS is hard, the market is full of all kinds of goodies, there is something there for everybody, it is a matter of taste.
Becareful in your choice, for every good gun, there are 5 pieces of Junk.

I highly reccomend `` NOT´´ starting out in the Hobby/Sport as a Sniper, the demands of the role are mostly misunderstood by new players and the become disenchanted real fast.

After budget, Appearance plays the next biggest role in the guns that we buy, probably why nobody buys the RS TYPE 97/97B, even though these guns can take a M150 spring with ease, and deliver a flawless performance every time.

You stated that you like the G36 series, On the buget that you stated I would buy the JG G36, it is almost indestructable !!! The gun can take alot of punishment and keeps comming back for more Very Happy .

Later as your knowlege and skills develop you can upgrade this gun with relative ease, Longer Barrel, Butt Stock, HKV, complete internal upgrades and you have the perfect base for starting out in the development of your sniper skills. When correctly done the JG will fill the Assault role and Designated Marksman role with ease, who knows maybe you will decide to stay a DM, you can have the best of both worlds, Assault and Sniper support.
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for my first rifle   suggestions for my first rifle Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:59 pm

Uh for beginers I say walmart time cheers . Those are the guns I rccomend for more professonal people. You know go to walmart buy a crosman shotgun then move up.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for my first rifle   suggestions for my first rifle Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:02 pm

Permission to neutralize satan?
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for my first rifle   suggestions for my first rifle Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:06 pm

Granted Wink
Satan, I agree its a good idea to move up the chain, starting with a not-so-highe-end gun, but nothing but bad experiences come from Wal-Mart guns. We don't want to scare them AWAY from the sport! May I suggest an Echo 1? No way to go wrong there. And they have cheap guns, too. They'll give you a very good idea of the sport and wont break your wallet, or themselves.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Fluffybread5
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for my first rifle   suggestions for my first rifle Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/user/godsairsofters

and

https://www.youtube.com/user/scoutthedoggie

are the 2 people that helped me pick out my first gun and i think they did a pretty good job
i recomend these 2 because u can see the gun in action instead of just hearing aout it
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for my first rifle   suggestions for my first rifle Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:21 pm

lol LW Im just saying sometimes when I pick up and old wal mart gun as oposed to my higher end a good old backyard battle is sometimes more fun than a real game.
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for my first rifle   suggestions for my first rifle Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:55 pm

i agree... every now and then i will pick up an old spring crap gun and remember the good ol' days
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for my first rifle   suggestions for my first rifle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

suggestions for my first rifle
Page 1 of 1