Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Help with upgrades

Go down 
+2
Lone Wolf
Theguy09
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Theguy09
Private
Private
Theguy09

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi i recently bought a ak-74, and I was wondering if anybody could help me upgrade the rate of fire and accuracy. The url to the gun is http://www.hitguns.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CM047C-AK74M-BLACK&ID=773&yes=yes Question
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:50 pm

Sure. I would start by buying a larger battery. 9.6 v. should suffice as long as you have a smart charger and metal bushings already installed.

High speed gears, low resistance wiring, and hi speed motors can wait. See if the ROF with the bigger battery will help if not then I will see what else we can come up with.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Theguy09
Private
Private
Theguy09

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:59 pm

I already have a smart charger, I'm kinda annoyed with the site though because of it's lack of information with the guns they're selling. They don't provide rof, battery size and mAh, and no barrel measurements. I'll try with those upgrades and see if the rof has changed much. Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:20 pm

I prefer Airsoft GI. They have a lot more knowledgeable staff.
Back to top Go down
Theguy09
Private
Private
Theguy09

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:45 pm

do you think i should also get a tightbore barrel for accuracy?
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:57 pm

I'm working on a guide in a sec you might see something surprising!

You may not need that TB barrel! But if you want easy accuracy then yes I would get it.

sticks
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:47 am

LW is learning !!! Very Happy

The larger battery will increase your ROF, as far as a TB inner Barrel, at those levels of FPS I would not drop down to anything tighter than an 6.03, but only later when you are thinking about doing a complete Tuning Upgrade. For what the gun is designed for a TB would INHO just be a waste of money.
Back to top Go down
Theguy09
Private
Private
Theguy09

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:06 pm

Yeah I can't increase the fps cuz my friends are wimps and only play under 400 fps.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:09 pm

read Sticks post about TB barrels under "Share your knowledge, Advice & FAQ". That should help you choose whether to get a TB barrel, and can help you increase your accuracy.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Theguy09
Private
Private
Theguy09

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:50 pm

Because the fps is chroned at 370-390 fps w/.2g bb's, will it lower the fps w/ .12g, cause then my friends should be fine with it
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:56 pm

you really should not use .12's.

Another factor of accuracy is the quality of bbs you use. For example a crossman .12 is going to have a very low accuracy and because it is only a .12 it will potentially harm your gun. I reccomend using KSC Perfects or PHX if you can find them.

I also reccomend these weights, .2, .23 and .25
Back to top Go down
Theguy09
Private
Private
Theguy09

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:00 pm

I bought some .2g's with it but if my friends get annoyed cuz of the fps then I need a way to lower fps without really changing much else about it. Uggh my friends are a**es
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:05 pm

Tell your friends to take it like a man. IN FACT a .12 gram bb is going to travel faster than a .2
try heavier bb's. like a .23. Just don't tell them it will hurt the same
Back to top Go down
Theguy09
Private
Private
Theguy09

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:11 pm

or when the tell me to demonstrate shooting it to see if it's too much fps for them, I use .12g's then when they say it's too fast I'll tell them it was chroned for that bb, then shoot w/ .2g, which will shoot slower than the .12g giving the illusion that it's 350 fps or less
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:17 pm

You know you could just be Honest about it and stay within a MED(minimum engagement distance). Airsoft is about Honesty, I understand your situation. But you need to be upfront on some things.

I highly doubt that CYMA is shooting 400FPS, 370 is pushing it. Its probably around 350FPS anyways.

If it shooting above 350, a good MED is 25ft. At 25ft the BB is traveling slow enough to balance out near 350FPS, which is not alot to take.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:26 pm

yea also AEG's are chronoed with a .2 when the store determines avearge FPS.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:14 am

.12´s are way too light !!!

Even if the gun is shooting at a 330FPS level, I would reccomend starting at the .20g then working your way up or down depending on the guns performance.

I could not have said it better than sticks, AirSoft is all about Honesty, if you are caught lieing about you BB weight, and the guns performance nobody on your team will ever trust anything you say later when it comes to the Game. Keep it Open, Up front and on the Level.

To me it sounds more as if the other players are not happy being out performed on the field, open up your engagement range, avoid the minimum distances whenever possible.

Nobody likes being Smoked everytime they go on the field.
Back to top Go down
Theguy09
Private
Private
Theguy09

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 6:58 pm

Most of the people are fine with anything under 400 fps, it's only one kid but he usually organizes these games. He's used to everything going his way so he usually thinks that his vote counts as more.
I know honesty is important, but everyone I play with knows that the kid I play with lied about his gun fps also, you know for certain that the fps is higher than 350 when the bbs leave scars that don't fade for 5 months.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:15 pm

Theguy09 wrote:
you know for certain that the fps is higher than 350 when the bbs leave scars that don't fade for 5 months.

^who told you that? Sounds like a backyard battle fantasy. I have been shot countless times by guns shooting Hotter than 350, the only one that gave a scar was friendly fire from an upgraded VSR(owner said 500FPS, it felt like 1000). It left a large welt for a few days but nothing more than that.

About your friend: just tell him whats up, and follow your MED.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Theguy09
Private
Private
Theguy09

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:38 pm

I never said anything bout' scars. The shots I'm talking about have made me bleed and haven't faded for 5 months.
Back to top Go down
Gracie
Corporal
Corporal

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:44 pm

I hate to be rude but you did use the eact word scars[quote]the bbs leave scars that don't fade for 5 months
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:50 pm

Do you happen to have like some health issues? Like specifically an Anemia, the only reason I ask is because I have an Anemia(althasalisemia, I don't think I spelled that correctly but whatev). I get like red marks on my skin from things that usually woulden't leave a mark.

Well its that or you having shootouts like 2ft away from each other lol.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Theguy09
Private
Private
Theguy09

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:07 pm

oh sorry sticks, I meant I get welts that don't fade for 5 months Neutral well anyways, thanks I'm pretty sure the gun won't shoot what it says, my friend advised me that Cyma doesn't give accurate fps and should expect it to be 10-20 fps lower than it says it is. But anyways I'll try a better battery and try to stay at least 20-25 feet away when shooting
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:19 pm

Everybody expects the `` Close ´´ hit, it happens, if you play CQB games it is almost guaranteed. Woodland is another story, even tho it does happen.

Be the Better Player, do what it takes to be fair, honest, sooner or later everybody will be on the same level and there will be no more discussion or arguments.

@sticks, Twisted Evil I got some scars and markings from a game that you can still see, and the game was almost a year ago Twisted Evil . Just don´t ask what type of game we were playing.
Back to top Go down
Theguy09
Private
Private
Theguy09

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:53 pm

Yeah thanks guys, I might use a tokyo marui velocity degrader( name's probably wrong), but overall I'll stick to my MED.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help with upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with upgrades   Help with upgrades Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with upgrades
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next