Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Sniper Question for a Friend

Go down 
+2
Lone Wolf
WorldsEdge
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WorldsEdge
Corporal
Corporal
WorldsEdge

Sniper Question for a Friend Empty
PostSubject: Sniper Question for a Friend   Sniper Question for a Friend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 1:47 am

So my friend wants to buy a UTG L96 and he found this one,

http://cgi.ebay.com/UTG-Shadow-Ops-Type-96-L96-sniper-camo-airsoft_W0QQitemZ260361988376QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAirsoft?hash=item260361988376&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A16%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

And was amzed because (at atleast then) it was selling for 50$ plus shipping with upgrades and a custom paint job. Considering I payed about 125$ for mine brand new, this just seems unbelievable. so I want to know what you guys think. i don't want my friend to get ripped off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kowkingdom.com
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Question for a Friend   Sniper Question for a Friend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:02 am

I would say get it. He is charging a very generous price and those upgrades sound like he had them done professionally.

I would have charged ~$70 for that gun.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Question for a Friend   Sniper Question for a Friend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:21 am

right, but what if he did them himself and and they are very shotty. thats y i never buy airsoft gun off of eBay its just to risky and for his upgrades he might have sum thing like the Teflon mod or just simple thing most any one can do.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Question for a Friend   Sniper Question for a Friend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:23 am

Even if he did, he would have to have knowledge of what he was doing.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Question for a Friend   Sniper Question for a Friend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:26 am

well not exactly. here are to things that smash your theory to pieces.:Google and you tube.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Question for a Friend   Sniper Question for a Friend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 1:45 pm

But you need to make sure the people on Google and you tube know their stuff, in most cases(ESPECIALLY Youtube), they have no idea what they are talking about and they just got the gun shipped to them 5mins before they made the video.

I say go for it, the two things that he upgraded are not that expensive to fix at all if he did it wrong.

sticks
Back to top Go down
WorldsEdge
Corporal
Corporal
WorldsEdge

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Question for a Friend   Sniper Question for a Friend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 5:58 pm

Ya, I have always thought it was kinda a rule to never to buy a gun on eBay
Back to top Go down
http://www.kowkingdom.com
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Question for a Friend   Sniper Question for a Friend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 6:13 pm

well its is for me.the only thing Ive bot off of eBay for airsoft purposes was 3 mags for my m324 and some nice boots
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Question for a Friend   Sniper Question for a Friend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 6:24 pm

Have you heard the story of the guy who bought this so called 7000$ RC something I forget but it turned out that it was a picture of a picture. The guy tried to sue couldnt the end I never ever trust ebay and something that cheap might have been shot over 5000 times and what internals he has may be shot to "Watch your language" and dead so you have to build this gun up again. you might be buying a 50$ stock
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Question for a Friend   Sniper Question for a Friend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 6:30 pm

yea a 450 stock... i had that happen to me when i bought a gas pistol. i spent $60 for 2 mags i didn't fix it it would be more to fix it than the gun is new.
Back to top Go down
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Question for a Friend   Sniper Question for a Friend Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 8:52 pm

Well the best way to know if he is good look at what he as sold before ans what others had posted about him. All this is under his profile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Question for a Friend   Sniper Question for a Friend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sniper Question for a Friend
Page 1 of 1