Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

My website

Go down 
3 posters

Rate This Site from 1-10
My website Vote_lcap0%My website Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
My website Vote_lcap17%My website Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
 17% [ 1 ]
 17% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 17% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 17% [ 1 ]
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
AFU
AFU

My website Empty
PostSubject: My website   My website Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:13 pm

I want to get a little feedback for my website, do some research, etc.

So if anyone is interested please go to: www.os-lupus-airsoft.com

and then post the following:

1. What pages caught your interest at first, and did you visit them or not, why or why not (In order of pages you visited)?
  2. What content from those pages caught or lost your interest, why or why not?
  3. What did you like about the site?
  4. What didn't you like about the site?
  5. Anything you wish the site had that it didn't?
  6. Anything you think was irrelevant and didn't need to be mentioned?
  7. Improvements?

Note: Also, I am thinking about making these forums the forum for my site, I am a moderator on the other forums but I trust the admins/moderatorss here, and this forum has been pretty good with answering any questions/help that many people have. So in all I think this would be a better environment for the AFU members with questions.

Note: I rated my own site a 5, a neutral rating, this way I can see all the ratings added in without having to click view results every time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
slob212
slob212

My website Empty
PostSubject: Re: My website   My website Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:31 pm

Is 1 good or bad and the same goes for 10,

Will give you my rating when I know how you want your scale used, sorry Wink

Ok, I like your Site, nicely put together, tasteful, with respect and easy to read,

Now for the problems,

1, Marine Corps Emblem, not that it will happen, but unless you have written permission to use any Emblem from any of the Branches of Military Service, to include the National Guard and Coast Guard, you open yourself up to Legal Action, and to make it even worse it is Federal Legal action.

To get permission you need to contact the following Office,

Department of the Navy, U.S. Marine Corps
2 Navy Annex
Washington, DC 20380-1775
(703) 614-4698

They usually grant permission, especially if you include the FACT that you are Re-enacting Marine Corps training and Skills, Spreading the History of the Corps, and maybe even influencing Members to Join the Corps when the become of legal age. Wink Wink

2, Only the use of Plastic/Bio BB磗 ?? Sorry no such animal, Bio BB磗 are coated with a biodegradable wax, the BB itself is a made from either a Glucose powder, Starch ( Corn/Wheat/Potato ) , or other plant rest By-Products.

3, General FPS Limit of 550,
If I was you I would break it down to somewhat better simulate a actual fighting environment,
Pistol/CQB--350
Assault--450
MG ( Not an M4 with a Drum Mag ) M60, M249, M42, Stoner,....500
Sniper--620, Sniper rifles must be either Bolt Action or Recognized `` Sniper 创 Rifles, ie PSG1, SVD AEG磗.

Also include Minimum engagement Ranges, and additional requirements, Snipers must carry an accessible Side arm or back up.

4, Limitations on all Homemade SoftAir Products, I assume you are talking about Pyrotechnics, how about the use of Homemade Claymores, Mortars, AT weapons, FAV磗.

Now to my `` PET PEVES 创, you should keep in mind that the uninformed will also be visiting your site, New Players, Parents, Neighbors, Friends and so on, I try to discourage the use of terms like `` Operators创 `` Kill 创 `` Kills 创 `` Wounded 创 and so on. I磛e said it more than once, How we talk about the game amongst ourselves is one thing, How we present it to the General Public is another. When AirSoft is seen and understood for what it really is, that is the first step to it being recognized and accepted as a legitimate Hobby/Sport.

All in all, I like the Presentation and information on your Site, keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

My website Empty
PostSubject: Re: My website   My website Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:40 pm

O that is perfect, just what I am looking for!

slob212 wrote:
Only the use of Plastic/Bio BB磗 ?? Sorry no such animal, Bio BB磗 are coated with a biodegradable wax, the BB itself is a made from either a Glucose powder, Starch ( Corn/Wheat/Potato ) , or other plant rest By-Products.

That was actually meant to mean you can use plastic, or bio BBs, not a plastic bio BB, but that is still helpful because it tells me I have to reword the way that is said on the site.

1 is the lowest rating, and 10 is the highest.
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

My website Empty
PostSubject: Re: My website   My website Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:06 pm

well i will give it a 10 but here's is one thing that is more annoying than anything:

were you have the colored words it takes away from the rest(i.e people thinking oh,wait anything no colored can't be very importany so i just wont read it)... i say that you under line the word with what ever color it would be

so there you go i liked everything else
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

My website Empty
PostSubject: Re: My website   My website Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:16 pm

Ok a 9 then, and later a 10, because I know it will only get better !!!
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

My website Empty
PostSubject: Re: My website   My website Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:37 pm

Ok, here is what I have done to fix things so far:

I removed kill, wounded, etc wherever I found it and made it more friendly to what I believe would be a parents view, which I think will suit anyone who browses my site. If I forgot a page, or a word please notify me here, or if you have further suggestions about this.

I fixed the plastic/Bio so that it is more clear in what it is suppose to mean.

I added a minimum engagement distance, as well as a brief explanation of what that means (for parents) I have not added a minimum engagement distance for snipers, but that is coming in the next update (I simply forgot this go around). I Have not gone into additional requirements yet.

I went into more detail on what is not allowed, I.E. the homemade airsoft products.

I changed the tips page so that everything is one (1) color.

Please keep the feedback coming. As much information as you can give me because it really does help, the positive and the negative.

The positive lets me know what people from certain groups like to see so that I may focus those pages to their needs. The negatives not only allow me to improve, but to turn that around to positively effect my site before it does any lasting harm.
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

My website Empty
PostSubject: Re: My website   My website Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:32 pm

Don't stop with the reviews because I did a update with what was posted so far. This is a great help to me, and it is something any series website designer would do (Most likely using a program that actually tells them what pages people visited, etc).
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

My website Empty
PostSubject: Re: My website   My website Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:14 pm

Update #2

I copy/pasted everything in the site onto Microsoft word so that I can check for spelling/grammar mistakes and fix those. I added a minimum engagement for the snipers, and I changed several pages into list so that they are easier to read.

I also deleted the members page because I am going to go a different direction with that altogether.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My website Empty
PostSubject: Re: My website   My website Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My website
Page 1 of 1