Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Tactics

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
A1RS0FTgama
Private
Private

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Tactics   Tactics Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:03 pm

Hello,I am new to this forum looking for airsoft advice. Today I am looking for information on tactics,and what and what not to do in a battle with 8-10 on each team.Please send information back

A1RS0FTgame out.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:09 pm

Welcome to the forums, gama.

Sticks, please move to Introductions

Just follow a clear set of rules that everyone understands, and you should be fine. Don't worry so much on tactics, that is a skill acquired with time because it isn't just a general topic, there are several parts. i.e. sniper tactics, rifleman, support, and Leader. Take a look around the forums, use search if you need to find specific tactics. The only real way to perfect them is to get out and play.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
sticks.13

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:17 pm

You forgot about Slob! normally I would move but this really is a tactics based thread, therefor it stays! Gama, feel free to make an Intro in the Introductions area.... I'm sure you will find this forum to be very useful.

As far as tactics go, you really cannot get specific with these things over a forum. We would need to know how the OPFOR(Opposing Forces) as well as your team plays. The most we could probably do are lay some very basic tactics and squad movements down. The rest is up to whoever has to make the decisions.

sticks
Back to top Go down
A1RS0FTgama
Private
Private

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:28 pm

sticks.13 wrote:
You forgot about Slob! normally I would move but this really is a tactics based thread, therefor it stays! Gama, feel free to make an Intro in the Introductions area.... I'm sure you will find this forum to be very useful.

As far as tactics go, you really cannot get specific with these things over a forum. We would need to know how the OPFOR(Opposing Forces) as well as your team plays. The most we could probably do are lay some very basic tactics and squad movements down. The rest is up to whoever has to make the decisions.

sticks

Thanks, i have battle every few weeks but we haven't set up much tactics and im trying to start and get an edge on the OPFOR
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:42 pm

Thanks sticks, and I agree,

@A1RS0FTgama,

8-10 players, that's a reduced squad, I would recommend first getting familiar with small unit tactics, putting a lot of emphasis on communications, Hand and Arm Signals, RATELO, and so on, use them as an active part of your training schedule, for some real fun, after your players have the signals down, run some training events where it is Forbidden to Speak, except to call out Hits, Small unit formations, File, Wedge, Box, come easy to most teams, keeping the quiet doesn´t Mad . The rest of your Tactics will be largely based on the type of terrain that you play in.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:19 pm

I can give you a few good tips, not sure if you could call them TACTICS, but I bet they'll help a beginer!! Smile

1. The best defense is a good offense.
~ A good defensive position is very often times my best bet in a game this size. Depending on the type of people you play with, patience can win the game. If they are impatient people, try hiding and letting them make the first move, so you can easily sense their movement or engage them. You can catch them when they're moving and off-guard, while your hiding and concealed. This leads us to my next point....
2. Track, THEN shoot.
~If you've got GREAT cover and you see an enemy, don't immediately start shootiong unless they have compromised your position. Asses the situation first. Are there other enemy team members hiding around him you can't see? Can you achieve a hit from here for SURE? If something goes wrong, do I have a good fallback plan/route? And most importantly-Can I get a better position? I almost ALWAYS watch the opponent for a while and follow him for a bit, to see if he reveals other hiding team members, falls into a better shooting position, or to see if I can cooperate with my team to possibly trap him and several OPFOR team members in a good kill zone.
3.When attacking, "speed is the key"
~When your advancing under fire at an enemy team, no matter what happens you must achieve fire superiority and hold it. This means your team is firing at much higher volumes than the OPFOR and keeping their heads down, or "pinned down". Once this is established, have a plan of movement already planned out and MOVE QUICKLY. you need to move FAST, and have them "killed" before they know what is happening. Don't give them any room to breath, keep advancing so that by the time they figure out whats going on, you'r pumping rounds into them. NEVER let them regroup and counter-attack. And if something DOES go wrong and you have to call off the attack, make sure you can either A) escape to a good secure spot that is VERY far away, and get there VERY quickly, because the enemy team, once they reailize you're retreating, will be HOT ON YOUR HEELS, or B) fall back to a very close, SECURE position so you don't lose sight of the enemy team and you can regroup and try again, or wait for their counter-attack.
4. Always have a plan.
~ Only small decisions should be made on insinct or reaction. Always have a plan, so you can still work fluidly and with a clear head if something goes wrong.
5. PRACTICE!!!!
~You'll need to practice these skills to be a good player IMHO:
A) Shooting
B) Concealment
C) Tracking
D) E&E (Escape and Evade)
E) Stamina (physical condition....stay in shape, excersise, etc.)

If anybody has something to add or criticize, please say so. Remember, these are just basic thoughts and concepts the average airsofter needs to know and work off of, and these aren't for your EXTREME MIL-SIM game, most of these are for your for-fun two team game that he described with about 10 people on each team. Hope I helped!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactics   Tactics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tactics
Page 1 of 1