Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events.

Go down 
4 posters

How long would your Optimum OP be, and how much would you pay to attend ? multiple answers are allowed.
1-Day
For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Vote_lcap4%For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
2-3 Days
For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Vote_lcap22%For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
3-5 Days
For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Vote_lcap9%For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
5-7 Day
For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Vote_lcap13%For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
20 Dollars
For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Vote_lcap17%For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
20-50 Dollars
For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Vote_lcap13%For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
50- 150 Dollar
 13% [ 3 ]
150-200 Dollars
For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Vote_lcap4%For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
200+ Dollars
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
slob212
slob212

For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Empty
PostSubject: For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events.   For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:49 pm

Ok Guys and Gals, I need your Opinions on something, as most of you know the `` Golden 创 events here use Tanks, Helicopters and a lot of other goodies, well the Events are now going International !!! ( Hope to see TheJim here in the Future ).
So I was wondering How long would you be willing to Play, and How much would you be willing to Pay.
I know a lot is based on what the Event organizers have to offer, so lets say that as......

Special Forces, Heli Infiltration, Platoon sized Element, with both internal and external mission goals, MRE磗 for the entire event ( 2per day ), free water, Event Patches, Free Medical ( on Site ), Wide Band Radios provided, nothing but Game Play from start to finish....

or

Mechanized Infantry, same as above except with APC, BRDM, BMP, transport to insertion or ex-filtration, ( as long as your transport is not shot out from underneath you ), nothing but Game Play,

or

Straight Leg Infantry, Same as Above, except your mode of Transportation is LPC磗, ( Leather Personnel Carriers )( Boots ).

Please keep your answers within reasonable limits, 20 bucks for 7 days just isn磘 going to happen.
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events.   For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:11 pm

I said 5-7 days and $50-150 (Meaning $150) for several reasons.

First off I took the assumption that the $150 does NOT cover paying for the MREs or the event patch, otherwise I would have chosen $150-200.

Second I assumed that with 7 days, a lot of people will take a break at least once, even if it is just to go into town and collect more equipment (I.E. BBs, gas, etc.). Or maybe to get a decent meal, those MREs aren't the best thing out there.

Did nothing but game play mean night games too? I might also have chosen $150-200 if that implies night games.

I think that sounds fair, $150 for a week of playing, giving 1 day for other. Plus the fee to provide the MREs and the patch if you want it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events.   For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:13 pm

$150 max for 3-5 days.

It also depends on the number of people that attend. Sometimes you can get stuff donated to the cause, like discounted MRE's and free medical services.

Using tanks, BMP's, APCs, and Hummers would be the best way to go for transportation. Not many of us airsofters are fit for LPC's

Heli's only limited to heli trained personnel. Which you could offer training there before the OP.

Mind if I ask, are you involved in the planning stages of said event?

Last edited by Lone Wolf on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events.   For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Nothing but Game Play means around the Clock, 24 hours,
Night Mission,
Base Camps
Patrol Bases
attempting to locate and Capture opposing Forces,

MRE磗, Medical, Patches,and so on all inclusive, no added or extra costs, after purchasing your ticket.

Breaks for shopping, BK visits are out !!, resupply will be done through a logistic Train.

Boarding, Heli磗, APC training will be done with Mock Ups, before Game On !!

Higher Speed tactics will require schooling, Parachute, Fast Roping, Rappelling Forced Entry, and so on, but those options will come later.
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events.   For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:56 pm

Woah, then I would say anywhere from $150-200 for all that

That's a lot of stuff, but unfortunately I don't see anyone paying over 200 for anything.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events.   For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:23 pm

Just so you know, none of the Profits would go into anybody's pocket, all profits will be re-invested into later operations, ie, NODS, Thermal, AT, Mines, GP Mediums, Fuel, Heating Oil for Winter Games, maybe even a raffle to fly in a 4-8 man team `` Guess how old slob really is创, first correct answer is the winner !! ( now that磗 an idea for a Poll Laughing ), will never tell.

@ AFU, there are events out there that already run above the 200$$ level, the first that comes to mind is the RANGER comp., last years event had over a 90% fall out.
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events.   For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:37 pm

Yeah, but people with money is a foreign concept to me, so I can't imagine anything about $200.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events.   For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:42 pm

I said 5-7 days with $150-200 ticket.

I would say transportation would be required for this type of event. So all of the above vehicles mentioned.

As far as the Objectives go I think it would be really cool to have a mix of mission requirements that were results of previous objective outcomes. ie, MOUT situation where Squad A ambushes Squad B who is pulling security for the *insert country here* agricultural division. Instead of just redirecting a squad/platoon to get him a CSAR mission is underway. I know this would be incredibly hard to do but it would be one of the best versions of MilSim around. I assume this is what you meant about internal/external missions, but I was just making sure.

I think if an event was this long maybe a squad/platoon could be pulled back to a FAB for 12 hours for RR.

I'll add more later, got to eat now Smile.

sticks
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events.   For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:14 pm

Actually Sticks you hit on some of the Planning options that are being considered, of course that is all left up to Company, Platoon Commanders and Leaders.

Mout is available, actually a deserted Airport and Small town.

All follow on missions are directly related to the success or failure of previous missions, there are built in `` SAVES 创 if Elements decided to take advantage of them, ie Failed Ambush, is saved by later locating and capturing or eliminating said element, or to locate, secure, and return to Friendly Forces, `` said 创 object or person.

One of the Start Scenarios right now is, `` Blue 创 inserts by Heli, starts to build and open up an Air Corridor for follow on forces, to be delivered by Air Transport. Red will attempt to interdict and disrupt, the more successful the larger the reduction in follow on forces by air.
If `` BLUE 创 should accomplish its start goal, they will take the field with a larger more organized Force, then based on the reaction of `` RED 创 forces and based on how fast they can recover, the fight will develop into a fight of attrition.

The whole event is not based on SPEED, but more on Tactics, `` Hit 创 players count against you, loss of personnel is always a minus. Mission accomplishment, or sustainment gives points.

External/Internal missions are exactly what thought.

There is also the option of including the surrounding `` Civilian 创 population as Role Players ?
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events.   For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:31 pm

Sounds great! Real Civi's would probably be the best bet if you plan on RPing Civi's. Laughing

The only down side to this would be that you would probably not get to shoot in the mist of RP's, but I don't see that as a huge disadvantage(allow players to rest for a moment).

I'm really digging the opening scenario, how many Heli runs are going to be in the event(say for 5 days)? IMO if the Heli runs are going to bring the price up allot I would limit them to the minimum. I think it would be cool, but adding $50 per ticket so you insert in one every day would be a little excessive.

I'm looking for realism so as a player what would be nice is a chance to set up an FOB. Nothing special, but things like an aid station, command tent, bunks(maybe something for RR), etc etc. I'm only guessing what is in a modern FOB, I'm sure you could think of something more realistic(in terms of game play and accuracy) than I could.

This is giving me some ideas for hosting events. What I'm really interested in is how everyone goes about having organizers on the field during MilSim ops(RP's? Organizers on both sides? both?), any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

sticks
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events.   For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:49 pm

Not to mention you have to create a complex and multilingual ref force for hosting a international event.

The only issue with the heli runs, is the fuel. Ground transportation would be your best bet.

Doing a raffle for the 4-8 man insertion team would be a outstanding idea. In fact this is the only time I would use the heli.

Now for barracks your going to be hardpressed unless you find a hotel willing to take in a bunch of trigger happy guests.
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events.   For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Trigger happy guest should be shot at mercilessly!

(For those of you unable to get this type of humor, it is irony that I would say to shoot someone who is trigger happy, because then that means I am trigger happy. IT IS CALLED IRONY!).
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events.   For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:06 pm

no...fail Laughing

jk, I get your joke, but its just random with the explanation
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events.   For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:05 am

I had to add the explanation because I just know I would have gotten that one person who says "Shooting people is not a means of punishment (Which is true)* But just that person who completely misses the point of the post, etc.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events.   For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 5:58 am

The language barrier is really not as big a problem as you would think, English is taught as a second language in most countries in Europe.

Refs are integrated into each Platoon and Operate on a 50/50 rule, They work and operate with the platoon, and do everything the rest of the players do, only when the call for a REF is given, or a `` HIT创 issue needs to be resolved, or for Safety Violations.

OPs is centrally located, and is a limited access area, all Parties have 1-2 `` Team Bosses 创, these individuals are strict role players, they never see the Playing area and have limited contact to Company/Platoon Commanders or Leaders. Their whole Job is to see that the game stays within the parameters of the Scenario and that the Game flows fluidly.

OPs is run by 1-2 individuals, They are the `` Generals 创, what they say, is law !! Their whole mission in Life is to see that the Game is successful, Responsible for handing down Mission Objectives, Follow on Missions, and so on, and when the need arises to relieve individuals of their jobs !!

Ticket Prices will be based on what options each Player of team decides to take,

Heli, Armour, S.F, Infantry, to keep things on a level playing field, Options will be Faction Limited, ie,
Blue Force, Heli, S.F, limited Infantry, no Armour, Slow Supply Trains
Red Force, Armour Heavy, Mech. Infantry, no S.F, Limited but fast supply trains
Civil Forces, No Armour, No Heli No S.F., excellent and unlimited supply trains, their whole mission in life is to disrupt both red and blue forces, either with Sabotage Actions, spreading of Dis-information and actual information of military forces, Black Market Operations.

Air Ops would be limited to Game Start, and for the Final Battle.
Armour Ops would be continues, so long as the Armoured Vehicles are not `` Lost创 to Enemy Action, or Civilian Sabotage.

Each Faction will have its own Base Camp, which of course will have to be Guarded ( Opportunity for some `` Down Time 创 ), the first 3-6 hours will be for Planning, Prep, Pre-positioning of Forces, and other admin issues, once the game begins there will be no planned Breaks or Pauses for the first 36 hours, eating, sleeping, down time will be left up to the Platoon Commander, Patrol Base Operations !! Depending on the length of the Event, pulling units in for 4-6 Hours of R&R, will be left up to OPs, another reason for the Integrated REFs, the REFs can constantly update OPs on the Tactical, and Physical condition of the element they are Operating with, special attention being put on the Platoon Leaders, most players in this position forget to take care of themselves, and the job is not easy, Briefings, Planning, Mission Prep, Disseminating information, Task Organizing, Mission execution, C&C, and so on, these Players are the real work horses of an OP, serious consideration is being given to Heavily reducing the price for players who take on the job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events.   For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For my Information, and for Future Development of AS Events.
Page 1 of 1