Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

pre-team

Go down 
+4
sticks.13
Lone Wolf
mgunner564
socal46
8 posters
AuthorMessage
socal46
Corporal
Corporal
socal46

pre-team Empty
PostSubject: pre-team   pre-team Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:38 pm

i have a team and were all young in fact I'm the oldest and I'm 13. we are not going to start going to tournaments till were older but we are going to get our guns and practice and fit all the training we can into this time so i need ideas to help with training
Back to top Go down
http://scar.aforumfree.com/forum.htm
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

pre-team Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-team   pre-team Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 4:08 pm

well it depends on what role the player would be like a sniper's training would be different form a support gunners training. now if you are die hard airsofters you might want to invest some time in physical training as well as mental because i have seen your players in a sort of ''shell shock'' just from the stressfull environment and flying bb's
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

pre-team Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-team   pre-team Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 4:16 pm

Depends on role. and your teammates fitness. For starters, its a good idea to have above average level of fitness because it will help you run faster, jump higher, and have more endurance throughout the day. Being fit will also help your mental endurance. Also begin drilling tactics. Don't focus on role quite yet because trust me, your all going to basically be starting out as rifle men. Tactics involved with specific skill sets like sniping will come in due time.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
sticks.13

pre-team Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-team   pre-team Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 5:29 pm

Why wouldn't you go to events(tournaments) yet? I started when I was 13, in fact my first game was 2 days after my birthday. My friend just played at his first event last Saturday(hes 13), and he had a blast.

Age does not matter, maturity and respect on the field is a heck of a lot more important than age or equipment. Some of the coolest people I play with are younger than I am. Go out to an event before you try to set up a team, IMO it will really help with the development as well as show your groups weaknesses. You may find that you all like to do assault stuff and you don't need a sniper, or you may find you like to do Recon (me Smile ) and you don't really need someone lugging around a 16lb SAW. or you may find that you just like to be a very general team so you have both a SAW and a Sniper/DM in your squad.

Events/tourneys/games/wars/battles whatever you call them, are the most effective training tool. Don't worry about you gear or guns or even if you have the right Camo. Just get out and play. Also try and be respectful of the field, last weekend allot of people were just throwing trash on the ground which resulted in e going around and picking it up(lost waiver, coulden't play, so I sat in car/picked up trash all day lol).

As far as training goes, really the only thing that you may want to do is run. Not allot as you really shouldn't start working out till your 13, but enough so that you can keep up with everyone(like 1/2 a mile would be fine).

sticks
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

pre-team Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-team   pre-team Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:49 pm

Do everything mentioned above, and do little skirmishes often. this will do 3 things:

It will give them an idea of what a combat situation is like

It will teach them teamwork and how to think on their feet

It will keep things interesting. They will quickly get bored of simply working out and learning tactics. get them out and playing! cheers

Last edited by aveenvp on Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

pre-team Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-team   pre-team Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:45 pm

Learn about training ive played every class for about 3 months at the least so I have exerience in all of them so I can train that and ask others who are more experienced in the class about it.
Back to top Go down
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

pre-team Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-team   pre-team Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:00 am

I would agree with not sperating people into roles after you have been to a few events. I would also say that you should start phyiscal training, like challenge your team to do pull ups every time they pass a place they can do it (leagaly, I have a spiral staircase so I do it there.) You should also have team building activites ware you randomly pick people to lead, which will build self cofidence and team productivity. Also don't wory about equipment yet. After a few events I bet a few will drop out.

Also I say go to any events you can and do it for fun, not to win. If you want to win and that is all you think about your proformance will suffer.
Back to top Go down
socal46
Corporal
Corporal
socal46

pre-team Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-team   pre-team Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:08 pm

well its not like we've never airsofted we have we know what were good at i just want to know how to make our team better we practice in our backyard a empty abondaned house and a small feild
Back to top Go down
http://scar.aforumfree.com/forum.htm
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

pre-team Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-team   pre-team Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:49 pm

Aveenvp is right IMO. Small skirmishes can help them get a small feel for the game, as long as you do not allow bad habbits. Work on some of the practice skills I mentioned HERE:
http://www.airsoftallies.com/tactics-f10/tactics-t1347.htm#15155
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

pre-team Empty
PostSubject: Re: pre-team   pre-team Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pre-team
Page 1 of 1