Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

How many shotgun shells?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

How many shotgun shells? Empty
PostSubject: How many shotgun shells?   How many shotgun shells? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 8:18 pm

Hey guys,
I am going to start playing at an airsoft field near me. They have a 330 FPS limit for their "Castle" or close quarters field. I am going to get this:Double Eagle M3L Multi-Shot Spring Shotgun (Same as UTG) Here is the link:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_181&products_id=3797

]My question is how many shells (30 round; 10 shot; 3 at a time) should I get?

thanks
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: How many shotgun shells?   How many shotgun shells? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 9:28 pm

Seriously just get a UTG

And the 1 shell has a 30 rd capacity, and the gun fires 9 bbs at a time. The shell is much like a mag. remember airsoft is a little different.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: How many shotgun shells?   How many shotgun shells? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 9:57 pm

well, It claims to be the same as UTG, and I know that the shells are like mags and are reuseable, but if I were headed to an all day event, How many of these "shells" should I bring with me?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: How many shotgun shells?   How many shotgun shells? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:14 pm

depends, how fast might it take you to reload one? remember you have about 3-4 shots on one shell alone
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: How many shotgun shells?   How many shotgun shells? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:22 pm

I'm not planning to reload a lot (at all if possible), so I plan to buy enough shells for an all day CQB
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: How many shotgun shells?   How many shotgun shells? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:30 pm

wel lets see you could buy enough to last one round then reload them or just buy enough for the WHOLE day witch would be sort of steep in price plus you have the ones that come with it
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: How many shotgun shells?   How many shotgun shells? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:33 pm

could I use .12 gram BBs in this?
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: How many shotgun shells?   How many shotgun shells? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:34 pm

well it doesnt say not to but to get better accuracy i would use the cheap cross man .2 bb's
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: How many shotgun shells?   How many shotgun shells? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:04 pm

Honestly the TSD is the nicest of them all(has a longer metal barrel). How much ammo do you go through as a rifleman? The most I have seen on someone was 15 shells, which may seem a little too much but that means he was carrying 150 shots(3 each shot) before he had to reload every shell.

IMO a safe number would be 10 shells, its all dependent on shot placement and your accuracy.

sticks
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: How many shotgun shells?   How many shotgun shells? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 11:27 pm

Well, this is for my little brother, and he is a little trigger happy tongue , Just thought you should take that into consideration.

P.S. He is getting this for CQB because his vectoer arms AK-74 is shooting too hot (425 fps)
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: How many shotgun shells?   How many shotgun shells? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:25 pm

I own the gun, and would suggest not using .12g BBs in it. I will warn you, I am not sure this is worth your purchase. It was a GREAT gun to start with, but about 5 months after purchase, it just let me down. It goes about 12 feet now, and thats the LONGEST. And its SUPPOSED to shoot 3 at a time, but mine loads like 6-8 shots and is just a waste of ammo every 4 shots or so. Maybe I got a lemon, who knows. I would go with Sticks advice, 7-10, judging on your brothers playing style.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: How many shotgun shells?   How many shotgun shells? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:29 am

My brother has made his descision. He is gonna get the tsd version, and buy 10 shells for it. thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many shotgun shells?   How many shotgun shells? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many shotgun shells?
Page 1 of 1