Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

ACU camo

Go down 
+6
AFU
slob212
sticks.13
elementfrvr
Lone Wolf
unitsniper02
10 posters
AuthorMessage
unitsniper02
Corporal
Corporal
unitsniper02

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 8:47 pm

I don't know it seems like alot of people are wearing ACU. I don't know if it matches or blends well with their enviroment, but i think it probably the worst camo that i have seen. Like, sure its digital, and u see the US Army wearing it, but what does it work with. If I were the Army, I would take a tip from the Marines and use their desert digital camo. Frankly i think that the desert digital is really nice and works well. Well maybe they keep different camo uniforms to help distiguish between Marines and Army(haha). What do u guys think?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 9:35 pm

ACU's were unintentionally made for offices...
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 10:50 am

Camo for if you're on a couch then ambush your dad and steal his potato chips RRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!ACU camo Orig
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:13 pm

ACU has been a boatload of fail for too long. It was obviously made by a pen pusher and shouldn't have been issued to the WHOLE ARMY! It was tested by the 10th mt guys(have a friend who tested it!) in A-Stan, which is about the only place it works(mountains). Its as good as wearing a white T-"Watch your language" in the woods. At least it helps with airsoft target Identification Laughing . I may be wrong but I think it was more of a push to look modern and do it cheaply than anything else, had the ARMY done it right they would be wearing Multicam now... This is a can of worms lol!

Also about the MARPAT thing, you should be saying that they should take a tip from the Navy... Or the Canadians(CADPAT anyone?).

Also wrong section, this is pretty off topic...

sticks
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:33 am

The idea behind ACU camoflage was not to blend the wearer into his surroundings,
being that ground forces are operating in all kinds of enviorments at the same time, Desert, Mountain, Wooded, Plains, Mout and so on......

The concept idea was for the ACU design, to make it more difficult for engageing forces to effectivly target the soldier wearing the uniform. As everybody knows, the Uniform had FAIL written on it from the very first day of issue.

The Shimmer effect of the uniform at distances over 50 meters does make it difficult to hit somebody in lets say the shoulder, but who aims at the shoulder, Center Mass is how even the most inexperienced rifleman shoots, and that is where the Ballistic Body Armour comes into play.

ACU for AirSoft ?? Looks good, nice to have, but effective on the Playing Field ?? IMHO Never !!
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:26 pm

Actually the digital camo isn't designed to hide you better than any other camo. What it does is disrupts the eye and makes it harder for people to aim at you. It is really effective when being seen through cross hairs. Of course, I am talking about the Marine version, the army failed in everything!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
slob212
slob212

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:59 pm

BINGO !!!
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:28 pm

AFU, good summary!

Can I ask anyone what was wrong with the M81 uniform? It seemed to work pretty effectively, its only problem was it showed up as a solid color on NVG's. Which is a serious consideration because of the Taliban's massive NVG stockades..... Rolling Eyes

Anyone else excited for NAVPAT? The Navy uses MARPAT/ACU(depending on the unit their detached too) for ground deployments but this is supposed to be for ship born units, and as non hostile duty wear.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Russ
Corporal
Corporal
Russ

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 8:24 pm

Um, I don't know why you guys hate it so much, maybe it's just where you live. Everyone I know loves it. It works great in the Arizona desert... we have a lot of that strange sickly green color...

http://bikeacrossamerica.org/trip-report/day11/arizona-desert.jpg
sorry, not a very good example...

http://www.danheller.com/images/UnitedStates/Arizona/Tucson/Cactus/prickly-pear-big.jpg
this one is better, not the red though, lol. there is a lot of that green though the point is, ACU does wonders for me.
Back to top Go down
Tank
Major
Major
Tank

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:18 pm

steal his chips haha priceless, eff yo couch!
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:57 am

well, im sure the US army will wise up, nothing smart enougth to help win two world wars will wear ACU for long
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:30 pm

. . . SNIPER004, you are talking about the american ARMY!

They say those who aren't smart and tough enough to make a Marine join the army -_- (No offense to any Army guys out there).

They'll be wearing ACU for a time yet I'll wager.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:05 pm

Becareful AFU !!!
Uncle Sams Missguided Children, are not the brightest bulbs in the package Laughing

Little Trivia for ya,

What is the only Branch of the service that Refused to come to the Aid of another American Military Unit??
The unit begging for help was under attack and being over run, and the other unit was only 9 miles away sitting on thier a.s.s.e.s waiting for an attack that never came.
The refusal to help, resulted in the unit being over run, death or capture of most of the Americans defending thier location.

Why do Sailors Dress White pants Button open to a Flap ?
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:49 pm

haha slob you do know what Marine stands for right?
Muscles Are Required Inteligence Not Essential.
ARMY stands for
Aren't Ready to be Marines Yet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/STORMAIRSOFT1
slob212
slob212

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:09 pm

LOL STORM, Laughing
Never heard that for the Marines Laughing

I respect all Branches, each have their roles to fill.
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:39 pm

we really should get back on topic, but yeah, to say the army is for prople not good enougth to be in the marines is insane. the US army has stood many the same trials as the marine core, my gpa who was a marine said the only difference between an army solder and a marine soldier is one thinks hes the better than the other.. but anyway, we really need to get back on topic lol
Back to top Go down
Tank
Major
Major
Tank

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:50 pm

yeah the Marines are rough my cousins husband tried to get out and i think he may have haha
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:53 pm

Who says we don't respect the Amry? I respect every branch anybody that has the balls to enlist. My whole family is pretty much Cops and Military. Two of my uncles fought in WW2 one was Army and the other was Airforce I don't know what happened to my uncle in the Army. But my uncle in the Airforce was a door gunner on a PBY Catalina and was in the pacific when the A-Bomb was droped on Hiroshima. Im going to try out my stuff in the SEALs. Ok just thought I should tell you that so........lets get back on topic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/STORMAIRSOFT1
AFU
AFU

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:24 pm

sniper004 wrote:
. . .my gpa who was a marine said the only difference between an army solder and a marine soldier is one thinks hes the better than the other..

Actually, I really do respect the Army, and those who have enlisted. But I beg to differ (sorry to remain off topic but I must say this), the Marines have a lot more, and better training than the army. This isn't to say that an army personnel can't be as good as a Marine, but, to pull out a few good quotes that have demonstrated the difference between the Marines and the Army throughout history .. .

Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA 12 February 1918 wrote:
Why in (swear word) can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines.

Navy Times; November 1994 wrote:
Marines know how to use their bayonets. Army bayonets may as well be paper-weights.

Gen. John W. Vessey Jr., USA, Chairman of the the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the assault on Grenada, 1983 wrote:
We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the (swear word) is going on?

2nd Lt. Richard C. Kennard, Peleliu, World War II wrote:
My only answer as to why the Marines get the toughest jobs is because the average Leatherneck is a much better fighter. He has far more guts, courage, and better officers... These boys out here have a pride in the Marine Corps and will fight to the end no matter what the cost.

Father Kevin Keaney, 1st Marine Division Chaplain ,Korean War wrote:
You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are.

I have a lot more too, Quotes where Korean Generals refuse to fight the Marines and would rather engage the Army, Foreign offices complimenting the Marines, etc.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:08 pm

I would say that the modern Army is allot different than the US Army of the past. The Basic training of the USMC is probably better yes, but the overall training of the Army I think is better than any other branch. I have a friend who is serving with Lima company(local USMC unit). He said the USMC was great but they don't have allot of the opportunities that the Army gives to their soldiers. The Army is also allot larger than the USMC, so saying that the USMC has better training or better men than the army is ridiculous. I would say that most army and marine units are equal in their fighting capability as individual soldiers, but most of the time they serve two totally different tasks.

About the first and third quotes,

Pershing was referring to the speed in which the Army battalions were training I believe. I have a great book that has part of an biography about him in it. I'll find the title.

And the Grenada quote is misleading because the Army units were responsible for getting the US hostages out of the university... Again I am not totally sure about this but I believe this was the situation.

But good quotes all the same. If you really want to see the BA side of the Army, check out all the airborne regiments as well as the 10th mt regiment. I don't think you even need to look up the SF or Rangers, the name alone struck fear into the enemy in Nam(most rangers in Nam were actually LRRP units), as well as Grenada.

sticks
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:32 am

Back to topic,

New thread to continue discussion in the Lounge,

Army v Marines !!!

I love this discussion, Brings back lots of memories, ( going to Date myself with this Topic )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ACU camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACU camo   ACU camo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ACU camo
Page 1 of 1