Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Which camo would you put on your gun?

Go down 
+9
sticks.13
Jackofalltrades
Tank
Spartans
mgunner564
mas
aveenvp
MetallicAirsoft
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
13 posters
AuthorMessage
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

Which camo would you put on your gun? Empty
PostSubject: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 2:18 pm

A
Which camo would you put on your gun? Brown_10
or B
Which camo would you put on your gun? Tan_ca10
Sorry for the lighting on the brown/black camo the brown is a bit easyer to see in reality.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/STORMAIRSOFT1
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 2:33 pm

a definatly
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:22 pm

I agree. A would be more effective.
Back to top Go down
mas
Corporal
Corporal
mas

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:38 pm

a. totally. white is not good when it comes to airsoft.
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:54 pm

its not white its khaki.
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:07 pm

well anyway...A
Back to top Go down
Spartans
Private
Private
Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:29 pm

A all the way.
Very Happy

Spartans
Back to top Go down
Tank
Major
Major
Tank

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:00 pm

Niether( Honest Opinion)
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:56 pm

You need to put a little of the khaki just a little in A then I'd go for that one . But seeing as i don't know what enviroment you usually play in I can't really say
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/realm_of_burgess
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:59 pm

I play in woodland. Im not putting this on my gun its going on my friends gun when he gets it. I guess I could make another stencil so I could have the brown/khaki/black in one.
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:05 pm

your main concern should be perfecting one good camo I think that should work out but just try and be natural with it. put a leaf on the gun and paint that to get the shape and such try stuff like that. i also heard its the best to start out with a tan base but I'd start with olive drab
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:07 pm

Yeah I have to start with olive other wise it just looks like tan camo with a random pattern on it. And starting with olive would be a good choice becuase it would blend better than the tan.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:09 pm

Honestly I would loose the black and go with 4 different colors.

OD green
Tan/khaki
light brown/brown red color
darker brown

The darker brown would take place of the black, as most of the dark spots in nature are dark brown anyways. I would use the lighter brown or tan as your base color, as it is easier to add a dark contrast but harder to add a lighter contrast. If your friend plans on playing in the prone position allot you might want to replace the OD green out for a different brown, the next time you are in a forest try to find a green spot on the ground. Protip, it doesn't happen allot. Another brown would be a much more effective color choice even if you live in a lush green forest. This doesn't apply if he plans on playing more in the offhand(standing) or semi prone(crouched) positions.

Good luck, the first few times you paint a rifle it can get tricky. But it gets easier after the 4th or 5th time Very Happy.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:11 pm

and it works better at night. i also suggest going out with this gun after it's painted and placing it where you play, try to find it, then go back and modify.
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:14 pm

Thanks for the tips! Ive painted a couple guns before so I have a basic idea of what to do. So my buddys getting an M4. What would you suggest for a base coat? He probably would be standing/crouching most the time but may go prone ever once and a while.
Back to top Go down
HoboBob
Major
Major
HoboBob

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:17 pm

For looks i personally like B but A would be more efficient in hiding the gun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/recon6
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:18 pm

Well then I would actually do a mix of all the paints in a stripe pattern then paint camo patters over that. Its a really effective pattern that I use for my rifles. This gives an equal contrast/shade to the gun, making it work pretty well in every environment except for snow. I wouldn't use the dark brown for this as it would make some of the gun look black from a distance which can easily give you away. Every opponent that has fallen to an ambush has commented on the effectiveness of my rifle camo. That is if they see it Wink.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:22 pm

try to avoid obvious patterns something that doesn't happen much in nature. Experiment just remember pure black is rare in nature if you see someone wearing all black at night they stand out as this blob. but just experiment around with natural colors make sure you take your time too. I've had a friend spraypaint his gun in a few seconds and he was dumb enough to get the electric bits and ended up frying the wireing which i then had to fix. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:25 pm

Is there any way I could see some pictures? Now by different strips do you mean doing something like going dark brown/OD/light brown/tan/dark brown/OD etc... Yeah I know to take my time I painted my gun and my friends gun we watched a few videos on painting so I knew what to tape off and what NOT to paint.
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:34 pm

A good example is on the movie SHOOTER when they paint up they're sniper rifles. if you can look there
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:13 am

Well I live in a... not exactly a grassy place more like a sandy place? (Not a desert though)
So I personally, would pick B, but if played my airsoft in a forest maybe, I'd definetly would pick A
Back to top Go down
Tank
Major
Major
Tank

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 4:59 pm

I would just grab a woodland or depending ACU rifle rag with a special stick fabric
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:41 am

A all he way, get lots of darker browns (that is if it suits ur enviroment) i use a ferns for most of my camo, theyre outline seems to help break up my gun profile
Back to top Go down
Frank27
Private
Private
Frank27

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 12:52 am

i think your supposed to start with a tan base to recreate the appearance of light coming through the openings on a plant....like the spots where the light shines through the tree
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:40 am

Frank27 wrote:
i think your supposed to start with a tan base to recreate the appearance of light coming through the openings on a plant....like the spots where the light shines through the tree

I did see the link below.

http://www.airsoftallies.com/clothing-gear-accessories-f4/gun-camo-t1806.htm

Base color: Tan
1st pattern: Light Brown
2nd pattern: OD
3rd Pattern: Dark Brown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which camo would you put on your gun?   Which camo would you put on your gun? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which camo would you put on your gun?
Page 1 of 1