Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Fill the hydration packs! springs here!

Go down 
+2
slob212
sniper_32
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

Fill the hydration packs! springs here! Empty
PostSubject: Fill the hydration packs! springs here!   Fill the hydration packs! springs here! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 1:38 pm

finally springs here! finally! get to go to my first real event/OP/competition/ what ever you wanna' say! going to get my SCAR and other items first then going to wait for the event to pop up and then BAM! there we're off to the event Very Happy how long do events usually last? couple hours? Surprised Shocked
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Fill the hydration packs! springs here!   Fill the hydration packs! springs here! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:03 pm

Depends on the type of Event or game that you are attending,

Speed, Mercy, or Fun Games on the average are 1/2 day to full day events,
Role playing games can go longer, 1 to 2 days,
A Mil-Sim also has about the average time span of 1 to 3 days, there are events that are longer ( Ranger Games, 5 Days, Thunder Road 7 days, for example ).

All game and event lengths are dictated by the sponsoring organization, usually stated in their `` Rules ´´ section.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Fill the hydration packs! springs here!   Fill the hydration packs! springs here! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:39 pm

Slob is correct, however in the US we have not reached the level of 36+ hours of game play. Most of the US games are 12-48 hours. Open plays or non milsim games usually run from 6-12 hours, but take into consideration the preparation time too.

Make a list of things you think you need to do, start this list at least a week in advance. You will not believe the amount of people who come to an event and say "I forgot to charge my bat last night", or something similar. But with a list its easy, just start checking stuff off as you go. Also make sure you have most of your gear and the cloths that you wear after the event in some sort of duffel or gym bag. It makes it super easy to pack and unpack.

sticks
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Fill the hydration packs! springs here!   Fill the hydration packs! springs here! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:45 pm

That is soooooooo true sticks,

and it is not limited to just first timers, it happens to some of the most experianced Players,

Think about everything, all packed, load out set up just right, ready to go, looking good, slap a battery into the gun !!! =)"/%="/$=/)=§)$/%&=/( Forgot to Charge the Darn Thing !!!!

It sounds funny, but it happens more than you would believe.
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

PostSubject: Re: Fill the hydration packs! springs here!   Fill the hydration packs! springs here! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:55 pm

thanks for the info fellas' Very Happy im gonna pack up one week before like you said because I couldnt pack it all in the time needed before the event :p i would forget ALOT plus its a 3 hour drive soooo can't really forget important stuff. Ill let you guys know how it went the day after i get to go to event. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Fill the hydration packs! springs here!   Fill the hydration packs! springs here! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:21 pm

What event are you going to?

Have fun and make sure to unpack and repack everything!

sticks
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Fill the hydration packs! springs here!   Fill the hydration packs! springs here! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:27 pm

Yeah but if hes anything like me , hopefully not because the last thing we need is more of me , but if the world is in chaos and he is , then well he probally has all of his gear on right now gettingg readyy for this pretty big war .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Fill the hydration packs! springs here!   Fill the hydration packs! springs here! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:28 pm

have fun. BUY brand new batteries if you need to, and be sure to charge them

Don't leave out eye protection. Every event should require at least some kind of eye protection, make sure the kind your bringing is within the OP's rule compliance. No shooting glasses will be accepted, but high density Oakleys are.

Just another heads up.

Have a great time.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

PostSubject: Re: Fill the hydration packs! springs here!   Fill the hydration packs! springs here! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:12 pm

well its more of a open play type game i just called it a OP because its uniform required sorry for confusion Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Fill the hydration packs! springs here!   Fill the hydration packs! springs here! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:15 pm

ya I getcha snipe. So where/when is it?
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

PostSubject: Re: Fill the hydration packs! springs here!   Fill the hydration packs! springs here! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:28 pm

well its in the missouri (don't want to say where sorry) but yea its gonna be cool (i hope) 3 hour drive just hope it doesnt rain the day i go up :'(" pale
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Fill the hydration packs! springs here!   Fill the hydration packs! springs here! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:31 pm

Sounds good.

Quote :
well its in the missouri (don't want to say where sorry)
I'm all for keepin anonymous. Good luck and have some fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fill the hydration packs! springs here!   Fill the hydration packs! springs here! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fill the hydration packs! springs here!
Page 1 of 1