Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Echo 1 MTC!

Go down 
+2
sambam2011
sticks.13
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sticks.13

Echo 1 MTC! Empty
PostSubject: Echo 1 MTC!   Echo 1 MTC! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:04 am

OK guys I have finally decided to get to this review, took some pics with my brothers camera and as I was snapping the second pics the batteries ran out.... So no pics for now, just bear with me. I'll try and get some batteries soon for the pics. Now off to the review...... Without pics Sad.

Echo 1 MTC! Img_1121

Packaging

Well normally I wouldn't comment about the packaging but Echo 1 seemed to package the MTC nicely. Instead of having a cardboard top with a styrofoam molded bottom they had a cardboard "sleeve" in which the styrofoam sat. I thought this was a nice touch if you do not use rifle cases for your AEGs. Besides this little thing the packaging was the same as every other airsoft gun on the market. A surprising little note is the Manuel is printed in some form of English, its more of a broken/google translated english but at least they tried right?

Features of the Gun

Echo 1 MTC! Img_1122

The gun is a G36C with a M4 stock and magwell converter(for M series mags). This is a huge plus for us M series users as we can use our old mags and the cross training between the guns are very simple. The thing that I do not like about the converter is the mag release is on the left side, whereas on an M4(or 16) the mag release is on the right side.

Echo 1 also includes a sling adapter that you can use in place of the stock. The stock adapter disappointed me a little, it is constructed out of plastic and seems to be kinda fragile. I have not broken it yet but if/when I do I will tell you guys what the weak points are. I assume if I break it a little JB weld will fix it up nicely. The actual M4 stock is also disappointing. Long story short the stock no longer stays in place on the buffer tube. This is easily remedied with the application of a single strip of E tape on the buffer tube(in my case its the shortest position). But I'm 90% sure it was my fault, so I would not judge the quality of the gun just upon my experiences with the stock. The magwell needs to be broken in and does not work well with hicaps (hicaps can tilt back, making them misfeed), however it works fine with Mid caps and standard mags. My stock pin fell out during the game(my fault of coarse), so I am going to replace all the pins with CA pins.

Echo 1 MTC! Img_1123

^Showing gap in mag converter. The private parts mag converter is much nicer than the echo 1 version.... But with filled gaps the echo1 can be just as good.

Another thing included with this gun are two rail attachments that replace the iron sights. I gladly added these to my rails as I think the G36 rail sights are crap. I put a cheap Leapers red dot in the place of the irons and I was very glad I did. The gun itself is made with standard Echo 1 plastic(ABS ish), but unlike its standard G36 cousins it has a textured finish. This also reduces the glare allot which was a semi large problem with the older versions. Update: swapped out my rail for a friends G36 site. I don't like the G36 site with normal stock because the eye relief is horrible, but with the LE stock its just right!

Echo 1 MTC! Img_1124

^I taped buffer tube so the LE stock stays in place, the only problem is I cannot adjust it now... Its not a big deal for me because I have it where I want it, but if you are constantly adjusting your stock pray you don't get a lemon buffer tube/LE stock Smile.

Performance

Well I do not have any groupings to show you, thanks to having wonderful batteries in the camera's....... Laughing But I will try to give a good representation of what I was able to achieve. At 100ft I could choose if I wanted a "closed casket" shot or not. At 125ft I could effectively hit targets. At 150ft it was a little mix of luck and skill to hit the broad side of a barn..... I was using .20G BB's and the gun chronoed in the upper 330's to lower 340's. With a TB or polished barrel and some heavier BB's I could easily be hitting targets out to 170ft.

The hop-up is Phenomenal on this gun! If you dropped an H-Nub in it(I plan to), targets out to 200ft would be reachable. I plan on doing a full range test when I head out to my next game. I will have polished the barrel, dropped an H-Nub and Systema bucking in it by then. I'll tell you guys how that goes.

The ROF is less than phenomenal, however I only use 8.4V batteries. When I did switch to FA the ROF was enough to make the OPFOR duck or recoil from my shots. It also gave ample suppression fire on enemy positions. At 10 RPS it is a perfect speed for firing in bursts. I plan on dropping in a G&P M120 speed Motor as well as some Deans connectors to increase the already good trigger response. ETA on these upgrades are unknown, but you guys will be the first to know.

Future Plans!

Well now that I have seen the pros/cons of the gun I am ready to start upgrading. The following is a list of what I plan to make this gun one of the best shooters I have ever used.....

-G&P M120 Motor
-Systema Silicon wiring
-Deans/T style connectors
-H nub
-Polished barrel/maybe a TBB
-External battery(PEQ, battery bag, new stock maybe?).
-G&P EOtech 552 to replace unwanted iron sites
-M93R stock
-bi-pod foregrip thingy
-VN 20rnd MAG midcaps (I have the 30rnd midcaps now).

Thats all I am really going to do to the gun. Considering what I did to my M4 and what I plan on doing to my VSR that it not allot at all. I have never really indulged in externals before, that is all about to change though. Internally I would not touch the mechbox, unless you are going to shim it or add new bushings. This gun is of such quality that once I am finished with my MTC I plan on building an Echo 1 G36K DMR..... I was totally shocked when I played with this gun, it took all the crap I could throw at it(excluding the stock pin). I'm sure I will have this gun for several years.

Well I hope you enjoyed, hopefully I can get those pics up to show you guys what I am talking about. I'll update this post a little later too. Ok, bed time now Laughing.

sticks

Last edited by sticks.13 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sambam2011
Sergeant
Sergeant
sambam2011

Echo 1 MTC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 MTC!   Echo 1 MTC! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 5:26 pm

Nice Review Sticks!!
The MTC looks sick, Kkeober, Djstasavich and i have been talking about this alot lately.
Your review confirms its amazingness Smile
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Echo 1 MTC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 MTC!   Echo 1 MTC! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:03 pm

One thing I forgot to add about the MTC is the flashhider does not screw off, you are going to have to cut it off. There are threads underneath the flash hider though, so be careful when you are cutting/filing it off.

Sam, Honestly if they make a K version I would probably buy that one too. This gun is made of win! I just happen to treat my guns like crap when I am playing lol.

I'll try to get the pics up soon.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Tank
Major
Major
Tank

Echo 1 MTC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 MTC!   Echo 1 MTC! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:56 pm

Got some great specs on the wep nice job, but i think ill stick to my SAW
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Echo 1 MTC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 MTC!   Echo 1 MTC! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:58 pm

Yeah its definitely a change to what I am used to as far as weapon size goes. However after this game I couldn't stand it anymore and I added a KM SOCOM suppressor for a TB Wink. Now its around the same size as a M733 with a suppressor, and it definitely has much better groupings. I recently dropped a Systema bucking and an H nub(black version) into her. I plan on dropping a Systema tight bore into her when I get the chance to open her up again. For some reason I cannot take the outer barrel out of the body, I don't know why but when I do I'll update the post.

The pics are going to take awhile, I got a Milsim event this Saturday and I took a Squad Leader position, so I am throwing all my cash at extra stuff for the squad(11 ppl). So I don't know when I can get batteries for the camera...

Tank, what brand SAW do you use?

sticks
Back to top Go down
HoboBob
Major
Major
HoboBob

Echo 1 MTC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 MTC!   Echo 1 MTC! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:13 pm

I also had one of these guns and it was pretty awesome. Also since Tank probably forgot he registered here ill answer for him. He has an A&K M249 MKI
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/recon6
Tank
Major
Major
Tank

Echo 1 MTC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 MTC!   Echo 1 MTC! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:45 pm

Oh sorry sticks im still wondering around on my local forums you know how it is my good friend Hobobob answered your question for me!
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Echo 1 MTC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 MTC!   Echo 1 MTC! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:02 pm

Updated with pics, I'll try to get some more later.... I may put RIS rail back on to show how it looked stock.... I am also going to try and get a pics of the private parts mag converter to compare with the Echo 1 converter.

sticks
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

Echo 1 MTC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 MTC!   Echo 1 MTC! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:10 pm

pretty, i've been talking to my friend about it. He loves the G36 but already has tons of gear for an m4, so this is great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

Echo 1 MTC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 MTC!   Echo 1 MTC! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:49 pm

All i am interested in is the mag well conversion. This is because i am interested in either a new kwa m4 ris or their g36c, with the mag well conversion being a must have.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
sticks.13

Echo 1 MTC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 MTC!   Echo 1 MTC! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 11:06 pm

The private parts converter is much much nicer than the echo 1.... But then again its also $40. I would look into the CA G36's.... I wasn't really impressed by the KWA ones....

sticks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Echo 1 MTC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echo 1 MTC!   Echo 1 MTC! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Echo 1 MTC!
Page 1 of 1