Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Easy way to test your skills

Go down 
+7
Sentinel
Seabass_9000
Roamer
Halo0004
sticks.13
Fox13
Tater
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Tater
Private
Private
Tater

Easy way to test your skills Empty
PostSubject: Easy way to test your skills   Easy way to test your skills Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:26 pm

Here is a easy way to test your skills as a airsoft player. get a couuple of guys together lets say 4 (to save time) have the
3 guys try to take you out, have 1 shot kills as normals rules, have it set up best 2 out of 3 wins.With this system you want
to be out numbered all the time to see if you can win. If you are a sniper do the same thing but if you have a spotter you
still want to be out numbered the goal is to get all 3 kills before they get you. Please tell me what you all think about this
or do you have any ideas to make it better???
Back to top Go down
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

PostSubject: Re: Easy way to test your skills   Easy way to test your skills Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:32 pm

I think it would work, but some peoples airsoft skills aren't based on how many they kill. Some people are good leaders, some good bait Twisted Evil , and others good cover fire.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Easy way to test your skills   Easy way to test your skills Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:36 pm

i love this system, i used to do this when i played backyard games.

Fox: its always best to repare for the worst. and besides it presents a good scenario because most of the time in airsoft you will be outnumbered if you are a sniper. it teaches you to get out of a sticky situation.
i havent used this since i quit doing backyard stuff though.

i volenteer Roamer as the test for this scenario with AEG's cheers , any seconds or thirds?

sticks
Back to top Go down
Halo0004
Private
Private
Halo0004

PostSubject: Re: Easy way to test your skills   Easy way to test your skills Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:38 pm

I agree with fox.... I hate when people think they are 1337 because they got 40 kills in a day of games and sprayed everywhere... Skill can be leadership and pure tactics.. Like last time i sniped, I got only 4 people out that day (first time sniping) but still, i use tactics and don't shoot when i feel like.. But when i think i can make the shot. Some deffinitions of skill "If you arn't sure about the shot, is it really worth giving away your postion?" My own deffinition.. But some will spray anyway and then get people out once they advance in that fire fight.. Not much skill there. It all depends on how you play, and how you act, number of kills to me doesn't mean a whole lot... It's how you get them.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Easy way to test your skills   Easy way to test your skills Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:47 pm

i see your guys' points, what if their was an OBJ (objective) that the person had to acomplish. like say he had to infiltrate enemy teritory, find a certain building, plot it on a map, then get the info back to HQ without using a radio or a compass. this is a more geard twords sniper/spotters (or a scout fire team). to make this fun you would have to have alot of people(30+) out looking for the team. then they would have to sneak/fight their way past a couple of squads before they could coplete the obj. then they would have to fight their way out of it. this would truly test someones skill as it leaves options for someone besides killing everyone.

just an option

sticks
Back to top Go down
Halo0004
Private
Private
Halo0004

PostSubject: Re: Easy way to test your skills   Easy way to test your skills Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:55 pm

I like that one sticks... That would be a test, for the fact your mind would be involved 100 percent and you would need to make choices in the nick of time. That would be fun to try.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Easy way to test your skills   Easy way to test your skills Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 11:33 am

not a bad idea Tater... I think like sticks said that regardless of your role or tactical preferences, it would be a good way to prepare yourself. To make it fare the lesser team should be able to set up early and without being watched so the two have the element of surprise. I think it would be very helpfull for any sniper/spotter team out there. Nice idea.

I am sensing a little bit of hostility there sticks lol I have had my fair share of battle scars from airsoft. ADMIN shot me while I was aiming at him from about 100ft away. It hit my arm and scraped about 2 inches of skin off!
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Easy way to test your skills   Easy way to test your skills Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 3:55 pm

lol no hostility from me but you are a spotter Smile

sticks
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Easy way to test your skills   Easy way to test your skills Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:10 am

It kinda depends on who you are playing against, for example... there are a lot of newbies out there I could take on at a 1:7 ratio and have a good shot of taking out all 7 before reloading my second mag. However, if I tried to take on Slacker, Stormtrupr, Sticks, and other seasoned players... chances are I would only be able to do about a 1:6 ratio. J/k Very Happy Actually I MIGHT have a shot at a 1 on 2. The problem you would run into is that seasoned players will work together to achieve their objective and once one of them see's you the other 2 or however many players are going to know where you are within seconds. This allows the intelligent players to set up different angles and slowly close in on you while they keep your head down with 80 rds a second going over your head. While I feel I am a good player, there is no getting around the fact that 2 heads are better than 1... unless Slacker is on your team... then its more like 1.5 heads are better than 1. Very Happy

Honestly, I would like to play that scenario though... even though I am pretty much guaranteed to lose, there is always that small chance. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Easy way to test your skills   Easy way to test your skills Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 5:26 pm

I don't think skill is based on how many people you can take on, but how good the people are that you can take down.
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Easy way to test your skills   Easy way to test your skills Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 10:48 pm

Thats a good way to look at it really. In Airsoft, it is more impressive to shoot a Navy SEAL than to shoot 20 newbies. Very Happy

While it is fun to light up the newbies, it doesnt really prove anything about your skill. Just that you know the game a little better than them.
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

PostSubject: Re: Easy way to test your skills   Easy way to test your skills Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 12:45 am

yea, i think it also depends on what guns the other people have
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Easy way to test your skills   Easy way to test your skills Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:16 am

VERY nice point Ragnarock... if the other 3 guys are using Lpegs chances are you could stand out in the open and they wouldnt hit you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

PostSubject: Re: Easy way to test your skills   Easy way to test your skills Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 2:35 pm

yep, all in a days work Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GR1NDH0USE
Private
Private
GR1NDH0USE

PostSubject: Re: Easy way to test your skills   Easy way to test your skills Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:52 am

Halo0004 wrote:
I agree with fox.... I hate when people think they are 1337 because they got 40 kills in a day of games and sprayed everywhere... Skill can be leadership and pure tactics.. Like last time i sniped, I got only 4 people out that day (first time sniping) but still, i use tactics and don't shoot when i feel like.. But when i think i can make the shot. Some deffinitions of skill "If you arn't sure about the shot, is it really worth giving away your postion?" My own deffinition.. But some will spray anyway and then get people out once they advance in that fire fight.. Not much skill there. It all depends on how you play, and how you act, number of kills to me doesn't mean a whole lot... It's how you get them.

So true
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jakeelectro
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Easy way to test your skills   Easy way to test your skills Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:37 pm

One way to test your sniper skills is to just wait an hour while prone(this shows if you have the patience to be a sniper and can help you in becoming one).
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

PostSubject: Re: Easy way to test your skills   Easy way to test your skills Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:58 am

i like to practice shooting lefty and i run room to toomk tactics in my house also like .25 gram sniper said i sit and wait in the woods whille prone. i also stalk deer witch is good practice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easy way to test your skills   Easy way to test your skills Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Easy way to test your skills
Page 1 of 1