Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

JG guns???

Go down 
+13
JARHEAD
elementfrvr
got ambushed?
Nathan15
Admin
wf sniper
Halo0004
Fox13
Ace
Dark Knight
sticks.13
Seabass_9000
Roamer
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:57 pm

What are your thoughts on JG? Any direct experiences would be very helpfull. How do they stack up (in your opinion) to Echo 1? Which would you recomend to a friend and why?

I almost recomended one today just off of all the great comments I have recently heard about them, but I ended up saying spend $10 more and get an echo 1 b/c I KNOW for a fact these are great guns from loads of personal experience that I lack with JG guns.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:11 pm

From my understanding, JG guns actually shoot harder, but dont have quite as beefed up internals as Echo 1... so they arent quite as reliable. However, I am sure it is easily fixed with a few aftermarket parts.

My JG Bar 10 is great and if their AEG's shoot as well as it, then I would have to recommend them as a good bang for the buck replica.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:38 pm

thanks, this may mean a new team member soon! I still want to try to make him get an Echo 1 MP5K PDW. I think that'd be ideal for him... even though most people would consider this a secondary instead of a primary lol
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:06 am

beleive me just spend the extra $10 and get an Echo 1. the JG guns have internals that are just surpassing UTG AEG's (their AEG's are horrible compared to their quality L96's). they put in a spring that probably just under what would break the gun. but if you would clean out the internals in the gun *cough*Seabass*cough* they are pretty nice.

sticks

PS: ive only looked at the internals of one JG gun(G36C), just thought you should all know that
Back to top Go down
Dark Knight
Corporal
Corporal
Dark Knight

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:07 pm

i believe the JG's come stock with an m120 spring, while ECHO comes with a m110. The internals are almost identical. It's simply this extra tention from the larger spring that causes the internals to wear faster. However your shooting a little harder out of the box with the JG. (in the inverse, higher rate of fire with the ECHO).

DK
Back to top Go down
Ace
Corporal
Corporal
Ace

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:24 pm

I would say that if you have good experiences with ECHO 1 why recommend a JG to someone? I would say stick with what you know you have had success with, unless upgrading to a CA or TM.
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 1:13 pm

I agree with Ace... if it were me, I would just tell him to get the Echo 1 version as it will be reliable.
Back to top Go down
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:35 pm

My was a JG M16 but I have upgraded it so much that it isn't really a JG any more. It shot just fine before I upgraded it but I wanted to be a DMR. Sticks: JG internals are alot better than you credit them to be. I have taken one apart myself and they are pretty nice. Just lettin ya know.
Back to top Go down
Halo0004
Private
Private
Halo0004

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:38 pm

I have a JG m16, it's a good gun, but i will agree echo 1 seems to have more Q.C. but it's still a good gun, if you treat it well it will treat you well, thats what i have found..
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
sticks.13

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:04 pm

Fox: maybe so, the one that i took apart was a V1 ao they may have upped their quality. i know E1 has from their V1's

i would still recommend an Echo1 over a JG though, but i might be too old school for my own good. i didnt start recommending E1's till a couple months ago

sticks
Back to top Go down
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:35 pm

But while we argue about two nearly identical gun brands that both are just ok someone else in this world just bought a Tokyo Marui that will never break. I wouldn't really consider a E1 or JG an investment like I would a CA or TM.
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:46 pm

GO Classic Army!!!! Sorry I am a true believer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wf sniper
Corporal
Corporal
wf sniper

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:48 pm

I have the jg m700 and im very pleased Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 1:25 am

Based on my past research/understanding:

Dark Knight wrote:
i believe the JG's come stock with an m120 spring, while ECHO comes with a m110. The internals are almost identical. It's simply this extra tention from the larger spring that causes the internals to wear faster. However your shooting a little harder out of the box with the JG. (in the inverse, higher rate of fire with the ECHO).
DK

This is correct. JGs will almost always come standard with m120 springs and Echo 1s come standard with a spring very similar to the m110 (not exactly the same). Though the guns will have almost identical internals, JGs won't last as long due to the extra wear and tear on their internals thanks to the more powerful spring. It's even been recommended that you downgrade the spring from an m120 to an m110 if you're not going to beef up the internals of a JG.

Echo 1 buys almost every single one of their guns from JG, slaps a new label on it, offers a warranty with it, checks for quality of the replicas, and then sells the same guns for a higher price. Basically, you're buying the same gun (minus the diff. spring) with less of a chance of buying a lemon and if something goes wrong you'll have a good company to call for help. Echo 1 holds the guns that they actually sell to higher standards - meaning they inspect each gun more thoroughly.

I say JGs are typically great guns as well, but I'd rather buy the Echo 1 to reduce the risk of having to deal with the pains of something going wrong.
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 10:28 am

Well before making this topic I HIGHLY recomended and Echo 1. I said "Why wouldn't you just spend $20 more and have a little more piece of mind?"
The only reason I brought up JGs is because I have seen many great reviews on them and some pretty respectable players trade off on them. I offered these JGs as an alternative becuase at this players stage he doesn't believe in spending too much money. The ONLY reason I suggested JG is b/c it could mean the difference of getting a good player more involved in serious airsoft (not backyard) or having him not be in airsoft all together. I think once he shoots the E1 tomorrow at practice he'll never go back to a springer!!!

Thanks for your help, keep the comments coming Smile
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 11:06 am

thats a misunderstood fact too. JG guns actually some with a spring that would resemble the fabled M115. they usually shoot in the 360-370 range. http://airsoftohio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13716&highlight=JG

a quote by Mr.Black who BTW did his research and contacted the two separate manufactures. this is no the tread that i wanted. there is one with alot more info and a few other posters that did their research too, but at the moment i cant seem to find it.

"that is just not true. No one hand pics the best ones from a pile. It may be true that there is one manufacturer that produces these guns for various company's which will re brand them under their own company logo. But these company's can choose to pay more or less for things like quality control and individual parts. Most of the parts of Chinese guns are made in other factories and assembled at another. The company can specify the quality of their individual parts as well. The end result may yield a gun that looks the same as others out there but are in fact better quality guns. Quite frankly most malfunctions that I have noticed are a result of improper shimming and lack of seal on the cylinder. I am sure that if you payed someone a little more to watch for these things it wouldn't be too hard to prevent. The other things that go wrong are a matter of the quality of parts. The trigger assembly switch tends to be craptastic plastic and the metal connector is glued in place. This glue sticks to the rails of the switch and causes unnecessarily friction. If they paid for better they would get it."

sorry i couldent find the good one where people actually explained why Echo 1's arnt re branded JG's.

i will sum up what i have found through other forums and stuff like that.

JG and Echo1 are made in the same factory

externally and internally they use the same templates

Echo 1 uses a higher quality metal in their mechbox, and what is believed to be re branded CA gears.

JG uses a Chinese soft metal

Eho 1 uses a M110 equivilent in most of their guns.(excluding a couple of their MP5 PDW models which have been reported to shoot near 400)

JG uses a supposed M120 equivalent, but do to poor compression or some other problems instead of getting the standard 380-400fps they seem to be in the 360-370 range. this FPS is closer to a limited time M115 spring that was discontinued years ago.

externally they are the same gun. Echo 1 IS NOT a rebranded JG gun, the confusion came when JG said that they were similar, echo 1 and JG are made in the same FACTORY(S) as each other. Externally they are pretty much the same, thats where the similarities stop. internally they are totally different.

hope that clears some stuff up, sorry i couldent find the other threads.

personally i dont care that much, i dont see myself buying a JG or an Echo 1 anytime soon. but i hate to see wrong info on forums, that being said if anyone has something that they want to add to my post OR if they could prove me wrong i would love to see it.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 12:32 pm

Just to give you an idea of the M110 spring in the Echo 1 guns.
My Vector Arms AK with JUST a 6.04mm tightbore is shooting at 400 fps.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 12:51 pm

ye thats the trouble with clone springs... the "same" spring can differ a good 30FPS.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Nathan15
Private
Private

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:01 pm

Hey I have a JG mp5 a5 and it shoot about 330 fps right out of the box. it is very durible and has terrific accuracy.
Back to top Go down
got ambushed?
Corporal
Corporal
got ambushed?

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:18 am

roamer idk how far away but if your close enough and have a team and want me on it then pm me im starting a team or joining one as soon as i get this gun i want.. its my default pic
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:43 pm

Depends if u order from airsoft GI or somewhere else where they test guns get JG. If not get Echo 1. I have a JG G36c and I absolutely love it. It is my best friend.
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:23 pm

Hey, a quick question, my friend plays airsoft with meand doesnt have much experience, he doesnt have a gun and he really like the JG G36c. Is this good?

P.S.- does Ehobby Asia ship to the United States?
Thanks

JARHEAD
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
slob212
slob212

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 3:37 am

The G36 from JG is their best gun, it can take a huge amount of punishment and keep delivering top performance, this gun is great for new players, and later offers a great platform for people that want to start tuning for either Hi-Speed or Higher Power set ups.

For half the cash you can have a top performing gun in comparison to CA,TM models, the JG G36 is one of the better kept secrets in AS.
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:49 am

I have it and I love it I made a review heres the link http://www.airsoftallies.com/aeg-discussions-f12/jg-g36c-review-t1244.htm
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:50 am

With the new age of the jg gearboxes, they seem to be trying to make themselves an reputable company. This is due to them indroducing the so called "Black" gearbox, which is supposed to be great!
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
Sponsored content

JG guns??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: JG guns???   JG guns??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JG guns???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next