Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??

Go down 
+4
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
djstasevich
Spl. Durkee
Jackofalltrades
8 posters

your side on the subject
Just don't get carried away.
what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Vote_lcap21%what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 4 ]
Shouldn't be allowed.
what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Vote_lcap26%what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Vote_rcap
 26% [ 5 ]
Only knifes are ok.
what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Vote_lcap21%what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 4 ]
Only hands are ok.
what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Vote_lcap5%what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
There are times for it and not for it.
what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Vote_lcap26%what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Vote_rcap
 26% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Empty
PostSubject: what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??   what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:48 pm

I've been think about it more and more but there's always that side of me not wanting to overstep boundaries or tick of people
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/realm_of_burgess
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??   what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:50 pm

I say only knives. The fields I play only allow knives for hand-hand combat. Its a light tap or slice, nothing overpowering or damage causing. They're good for if you are too close to shoot safely, and thats about it. Knives only.
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??   what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:53 pm

do you have one Durkee If you do what do you use
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??   what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Rubber training bayonet. This one: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3126

Nevermind the stupid reviews from people on Airsoft GI, it's a good bayonet/knife simulator. Its really durable looks pretty darn awsome. Also comes with a sheath, so BONUS!
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??   what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:01 pm

I fell very strong feelings about this topic. First, there are alot of people in the world that would take this to far. I think that a tap on the shoulder is enough if you get that close, but as for me, I will call "bang your out," before that happens. Normally, within 25 feet I will call bang as long as he is VERY exposed, because I don't want the opponent to feel cheated. THerefore, I will only use that strategy when i sneak up behind an individual.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??   what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:06 pm

my enemies run from me and refuse to be banged out though.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??   what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:07 pm

There is a difference between "hand to hand" and "mercy kills" I suppose djstasevich. I use a knife (rubber) for realism purposes. Why tap someone when you can stab em (simulated if course). I agree that there is no reason for hand to hand combat in airsoft, even mil-sim, but I don't feel "knife kills" are considered "combat". Its a one-sided thing, its not like your both out to kill each other.
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??   what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:07 pm

Well then you should ban them from the field or punish them in some way until they learn proper airsoft etiquette. And, I guess I was trying to push the idea that it would never really get that close, but, you never know.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??   what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:10 pm

djstasevich wrote:
Well then you should ban them from the field or punish them in some way until they learn proper airsoft etiquette. And, I guess I was trying to push the idea that it would never really get that close, but, you never know.

Agreed djstasevich. Thats equivalent to not calling your hits and has no place in airsoft. Ban or other punishment would be swift and automatic. We've had to ban a few different guys from our field for causing "heated discussions" on that subject. The bang bang rule is there for their own safety.
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??   what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:12 pm

I agree to strict rules but isn't what sets use apart from paintballers is our desire of realism and often cooler temperments and understanding?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??   what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:18 pm

Jackofalltrades wrote:
I agree to strict rules but isn't what sets use apart from paintballers is our desire of realism and often cooler temperments and understanding?

I agree, but another thing that sets us apart from paintballers is the constant strive for safety. Hand to hand combat can get out of control and cause problems, i've seen it first hand. Its one thing if you're just messin around with friends ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zQf157uP0g&feature=channel_page ), but another when you are with strangers. You don't know the other persons physical ability or level of anger control. For safety reasons, hand to hand combat is not a permittable part of military simulation.
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??   what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:23 pm

Well that's were the rules come into play I I hope to "Watch your language" that your trying to get to know people before you fight them in combat.
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

PostSubject: Re: what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??   what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:19 pm

There are times for it and there aren't times for it. I love getting into fist fights I don't know why but almost every hockey game I try to start a fight its just fun I guess? I don't know ive never had a hand to hand situation in airsoft I tend to shoot people before they get close enough for that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/STORMAIRSOFT1
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??   what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:17 am

Quote :
I love getting into fist fights I don't know why but almost every hockey game I try to start a fight its just fun I guess?

I know exactly what you mean (I'm on the Socal conference finals team: BULLDOGS! WOOHOO!)
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??   what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:03 am

Yea hand to hand for airsoft is a little extreme. But a fine tap on the shoulder or 'safety kill' with a rubber knife is fine.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??   what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 2:05 pm

I am amazed that any place allows hand to hand...at the field close to us any form of fighting results in a perma ban from the field and they send your info to all fields within 500 mile radius.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??   what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 2:57 pm

I think 'hand to hand' is a little too far. I even think that stepping back and giving a few taps to the vest/chest is a better idea. I have seen countless times where people have tried to "knife kill" of even 'Bang" a player out only to have the player turn around a shoot them because they jumped. Its not a very common site over here, but its common enough unfortunately....

I learned my lesson, now I just take a few steps back when necessary, or draw my pistol, or even just let the enemy go. I would suggest you wear a full face mask if you plan on getting this close to people.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??   what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:41 pm

Ban it... just promotes opportunities for people to get into fights.

I really have never been in the postion that I wanted to tap anyone out... I carry a pistol, that is what I use it for. Very Happy Get a few feet away and shoot them in the leg or something. When you start the so called "bang bang" rule where you yell bang bang OR in this case stabbing people with a rubber knife and the person is supposed to be out there are too many occasions where people just turn around and shoot you anyways OR they might be by 3 or 4 people so they tell you that you can't do it because their are too many of them... Pistol = less painful than an AEG, still effective at close range for eliminating several opponents at a time if needed and best of all there isn't any confusion as to what happend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??   what are your feelings on hand to hand combat?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what are your feelings on hand to hand combat??
Page 1 of 1