Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Take This Echo 1!

Go down 
+3
sticks.13
Ace
Fox13
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

Take This Echo 1! Empty
PostSubject: Take This Echo 1!   Take This Echo 1! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 11:41 am

Now JG is making guns that shoot 400+ FPS out of the box. And they only cost a little more than an E1. Don't believe me? (or don't want to) Check it out: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3432
Back to top Go down
Ace
Corporal
Corporal
Ace

Take This Echo 1! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take This Echo 1!   Take This Echo 1! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 3:26 pm

Wow! So it is just going to rip the internals out that much quicker. scratch Did you happen to read sticks.13 comparisons between JG & ECHO 1?
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
sticks.13

Take This Echo 1! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take This Echo 1!   Take This Echo 1! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 4:28 pm

i wonder how the actual FPS is gonna compare to what they say. these would be good guns if they had marui/CA gears and a metal spring guide. then i would feel comfortable with one of those shooting at 400FPS

i think that M4's are more for CQB anyways so one shooting at 400FPS is kinda pointless here in Ohio. but an M16 length rifle and now were talking.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

Take This Echo 1! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take This Echo 1!   Take This Echo 1! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Yes I read Sticks comparisons

And I would bet that the FPS ratings are pretty close to that. AirsoftGI is pretty reliable.
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

Take This Echo 1! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take This Echo 1!   Take This Echo 1! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:24 pm

funny, that almost looks exactly like the well R6 M4 i own

Last edited by Ragnarock on Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Take This Echo 1! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take This Echo 1!   Take This Echo 1! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 9:57 am

First off, just word for warning... I wouldnt only look at the FPS when purchasing a new replica. Instead, look at the overall quality and parts used. I am not saying that the new JG line wont be any good, I just HIGHLY doubt it will be very durable in comparison to an Echo 1. Something else you should consider is where you play... if you are playing a lot of events, the new JG's wont be a good choice due to the fact that once you are over 400 FPS you have to have your replica's full auto capability completely disabled.
Something else you wont to take into consideration is that my Vector Arms AK47 RIS with JUST a tightbore barrel (6.04mm) is shooting 398 FPS with a STOCK spring (suppose to be similar to an M110)!!! So if FPS is all your after, go ahead, but I would consider the possibility of the JG's failing more quickly over time. MOST Echo 1's I have seen with just a few mods are easily shooting over 380 FPS, and since I have been in the mechbox's of several different Echo 1's I can honestly say they will last a good while if you keep them at or under 400 FPS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

Take This Echo 1! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take This Echo 1!   Take This Echo 1! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 8:07 pm

Yeah, FPS in this regards is way over rated. A buddy of mine is going with a JG over everything else for the sole fact of the better FPS. While in the very beginning this may seem ideal, I wonder how long these stronger springs will take before they start doing some damage to the gearbox.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

Take This Echo 1! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take This Echo 1!   Take This Echo 1! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 8:11 pm

But if something does break you can just replace it and know that it will never break again.
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Take This Echo 1! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take This Echo 1!   Take This Echo 1! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:05 pm

Well if that is your thinking, why not just buy a Classic Army, Tokyo Marui, Systema, etc... they will be more reliable than just about any replica if left stock. I guess, if it were me I would look at other avenues. If you think about, lets say the JG you are talking about is $150, which it may be less or more, there are a LOT of nice replica's that are even full metal bodies for another $50-$75 and most of them are built to last when compared to the JG.

I am not trying to put down JG, but putting springs like that in "stock" replica's seems like a big error in judgement to me. Maybe they think that most people only buy their products once and will never return so they figure by putting up a big FPS figure a lot of new players will assume that is a good thing and buy them... then they throw it away when it breaks and buy nicer replica's. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

Take This Echo 1! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take This Echo 1!   Take This Echo 1! Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:57 pm

IM gona order 1 of them realy soon.

and i just did so i'll tell you guys how it is. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Sponsored content

Take This Echo 1! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take This Echo 1!   Take This Echo 1! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Take This Echo 1!
Page 1 of 1