Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Airsofters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

Airsofters Empty
PostSubject: Airsofters   Airsofters Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:24 am

it has come to my attention that as we become more knowledgable about airsoft, our viewpoints change. such as, at first when we airsoft we look for guns that will absolutely obliterate the opponent, but later when we finally get that gun, we realize that we enjoy airsoft because of the challenge. i was just reflecting on this and thought i would mention it. (PS: POST # 100!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

Airsofters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsofters   Airsofters Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:34 am

Actually, that is kind of why I bought my SPAS 12. It really is a challenge facing AEGs with 10 shot shells Smile

I remember going up against a certain CA G36C on roids lol. That was great fun. I still think the only reason I survived was due to the fact that Seabass was going easy on me. I got shot when I reached for a shell I dropped.... I didn't wanna loose a $10 TM shell Sad
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

Airsofters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsofters   Airsofters Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:24 am

haha so you agree with me. i wasnt sure if anyone would even comment on this topic
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

Airsofters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsofters   Airsofters Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:40 am

Nah, I think this is a good topic actually. I know that Seabass just bought a Bar 10, perhaps he had something similar in mind when he considered it. A long time ago I thought about a revolver for the same kind of reason, but within a few seconds of researching it I found that the revolver I was looking at was nothing more then a toy. I don't think anybody makes a good revolver.
That is one of the reasons I bought my SPAS 12 though. It is a whole different ball game when you have to reload your shells. I am just not good enough to use it for a challenge when playing against my team mates and I don't think I ever will be that much better then them let alone better then any of them at all. I am sure I could do some good against the people I used to play airsoft with though. I would love to face them with the SPAS 12 Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Airsofters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsofters   Airsofters Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:13 pm

When I bought the Bar 10, I was thinking of one thing... having a VERY accurate replica that could reach out and touch AEG users before they could engage me. I have to say, at this point I am very close to that goal and look forward to hitting the 500 FPS mark. Very Happy If you are wondering, I have purchased a few mods for mine. cheers

It definitely is a little more difficult to use it when compared to my CA36, HOWEVER, it really just depends on the situation, if I get in close then I have to whip out a sidearm (currently a KSC M9) and generally I feel out-gunned before I take the first shot. At longer range, I feel right at home though... most of the time it doesnt even seem like the AEG users can reach me even though I can reach them. Very Happy
-Once I get a good sidearm (small CQB AEG) I dont think I will have an issue what-so-ever. Should allow me to do just about anything in terms of range. Smile

On the topic... PERSONALLY, I enjoy using the awesome replica that is dead on accurate and allows me to hit people with shots that seem really crazy and impossible. I have cheaper replica's that arent as accurate and when I use them I find that I really dont enjoy the sport as much mainly due to the fact that even when somebody is really sticking out of cover sometimes I miss when I wouldnt with my more expensive replica's. It can be sort of irritating at times.
However, I do enjoy a good competition and just about every weekend when the Juggernauts practice, I encounter it regularly... so that is when the good replica's come into play. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
sticks.13

Airsofters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsofters   Airsofters Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 4:14 pm

well when i first started out i got my TM M4, i planned on selling that a few games after i got it actually. i was going to try to convince my parents to let me buy a CA M249 (then was a $900 AEG without box mag). but after i used a Tanaka R700 for a found i was in love with sniping/DMing. so i built up my gun for longer ranges. i pretty much just got range upgrades for awhile, and tested myself on how well i could shoot someone with just range and a stock TM barrel. JIC u were wondering my longest shot with my pre barrel setup was 140ft with .20g bb's. so that was my first challenge now i think im going to go for the mobile recon style play. this is going to be a very hard challenge, and most of the time i will have my gun on safe. the main idea is that i go find the objectives so whole platoons or squads dont have to.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Airsofters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsofters   Airsofters Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:15 pm

Sticks, that sounds like fun... I may have to join you a bit at Op: Stealing Freedom 2. Do you mind if a 500 FPS Bar 10 tags along with you? Very Happy Of course, I will be packing some sort of small AEG at that point as a sidearm. Smile

I havent had the opportunity yet to try a ghillie while playing, so right now I am pretty much just being a mobile sniper right now. I do enjoy running around and being shot at like a clay pigeon though. cheers
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Airsofters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsofters   Airsofters Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:34 pm

lol actually i would love a BAR10 backin me up, especially if it is the hands of a skilled shooter such as yourself.

i might make a homemade ghilli sometime soon, at the moment i dont have the funds but once i do i shall post a guide!

sticks
Back to top Go down
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

Airsofters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsofters   Airsofters Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:44 pm

Ragnarock I know you were thinking of me. Very Happy

(I had recently been telling him about how I didn't really like my gun so much because it was to easy to get kills.)
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

Airsofters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsofters   Airsofters Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 1:55 am

yep, actually was inspired by fox in this one. i think its because as airsofters, you can nver get that feeling of cocking your gun after each shot when you have an AEG or gas. its all in the realism. we like replicas, bolt actions, and especially both together.
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Airsofters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsofters   Airsofters Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:22 am

I kind of get what you are saying... I do enjoy pulling back a bolt and taking my time to get off accurate shots. However, there is something fulfilling in pulling a trigger back and unleashing a hail-storm of BB's at your opponent also. Very Happy

*BECAUSE of this, I think my future setup will be my upgraded Bar 10 and a small CQB AEG of some kind... (actually I already know what I am interested in, I just think I will let it be a surprise)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Airsofters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsofters   Airsofters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airsofters
Page 1 of 1