Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?

Go down 
+8
Sniper Fox
Will
Jman
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
JARHEAD
sticks.13
Jackofalltrades
BullettheBlueSkky
12 posters
AuthorMessage
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Empty
PostSubject: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:06 pm

i need a good back-up gun, and i'm thinking about some kind of pistol. but i really need some advice.what should you look for in a back-up gun?
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 4:12 pm

buy something that provides what your main gun doesn't.
If you have a sniper rifle buy a small automatic weapon.
Etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/realm_of_burgess
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:24 pm

Im confused do you want a backup, or a sidearm?

Backup- backup weapon in case your primary goes down(ie, another full sized AEG).

Sidearm- pistol or small SMG that is carried for use in CQC or last stand situations.....

sticks
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:31 pm

try and smg or a Co2 pistol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 10:54 pm

im talking a gun that'll do the job if my main gun breaks down- a good pistol might work.
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

PostSubject: Re: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 3:33 pm

If I was to look for a backup gun I would look for one that could fill a different roll in the squad. What I mean by this is say for example you have a M4 and you play assualt. What I would do is get something to fill the SAW role....... I wouldent actually get a M249 but maybe buy like a G36 and put a C-mag on it. Or buy an AK-47 and put a drum mag on it for a cheap SAW type weapon. Im planning on making a MG36 this summer (once I get the money.......)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/STORMAIRSOFT1
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

PostSubject: Re: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:16 pm

This does completely depend on what you have but I would say the galaxy mp5 is a very good backup gun because it is small and reliable (my friend owns one). Now if your main is a saw or something big I would suggest a small but accurate pistol. If your main is an assault rifle then a smg or pistol is fine. Sniper I would say a smg with a dual midcap that has a high rate of fire.
Back to top Go down
Will
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:41 am

Galaxy MP5K

Small, compact, high rate of fire, 200 round high cap mag.
They even make a holster for it.
And you can get it from ehobbyasia for $46.

Enough said.
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:34 am

Will wrote:
Galaxy MP5K

Small, compact, high rate of fire, 200 round high cap mag.
They even make a holster for it.
And you can get it from ehobbyasia for $46.

Enough said.
you can but ehobbyasia has high shipping rates, i think because they're in asia, thats just what i've heard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:54 am

so, if i buy that mp5, is there any suggestions about it? like extra mags or batteries?
Back to top Go down
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

PostSubject: Re: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:23 pm

I well that also depends on what you have as your main. either way i would get a dual mag click (some thing like this) and then either 2 highcaps or 2 midcaps
Back to top Go down
Sniper Fox
Private
Private
Sniper Fox

PostSubject: Re: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:28 pm

I look for alot of things:

Budget ($150 was the max)
Full Metal (Want it to last, don't you?)
Decent FPS (300 - 350, and if you're lucky even more)
Reliability (Reviews on the gun help. If there's a recurring theme of some malfunction, I don't get it)
Power Source (Electric? Gas? Spring? They matter)

And again, budget is my big thing. It's all about the budget. If you want a decent gas blowback, I highly suggest the:

WE TECH P14 CO2 / RED GAS / GREEN GAS/ PROPANE

No, I'm not just throwing out a name, I have it. It's around $110, it's full metal, it can shoot up to four types of power sources.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 10:17 pm

What's your primary?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 10:58 pm

NO IM SORRY BUT DO NOT GET THAT MAGAZINE CLAMP
Opened it out of the box, adjusted its so I can fit my mags in, GENTLY (Real Gently) flipped the switch to lock my mag clamp
PHOO!
The lever that holds together the magazine clamp just flys apart.
DO not GET THAT
I wasted 16 bucks for nothing.
Please save your money
don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Sniper Fox
Private
Private
Sniper Fox

PostSubject: Re: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 11:39 pm

Primary is a Warrior L96.
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:17 am

Then the mp5k would be a good choice, or just get yourself a spotter.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 1:59 pm

MP5k is not that great of a gun if you ask me...If you do choose it, please atleast get the ECHO 1. I would suggest waiting for the new KWA MAC 11 to come out, or I must also say invest in a good GBB.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:41 pm

Why don't you just get another version of your primary? Or how about a different gun that you like the looks of! Or maybe a wood/steel AK that you can role play in, I could go on and on... IMO get what you think looks cool, and choose a reliable company. If you backup breaks then it kinda defeats the purpose of a backup.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Wolfman
Private
Private
Wolfman

PostSubject: Re: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:58 pm

I look for a WELL Skorpion Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.gijoearmynavy.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?   what do you look for in buying a back-up gun? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what do you look for in buying a back-up gun?
Page 1 of 1