Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

getting into the mind of your enemy and using it against them.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

getting into the mind of your enemy and using it against them. Empty
PostSubject: getting into the mind of your enemy and using it against them.   getting into the mind of your enemy and using it against them. Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:59 pm

I was looking around the forum and didn't notice a topic about this so I thought I'd start one. If I missed one I'm sorry.
Getting into the minds of the enemy has always been a goal in war, airsofting is no different.
look at your other teams' gear what kind of weapons do they have? Chances are a guy in a ghillie suit isn't going to be rushing your position , it's possible but not plausible. Simple observations like this can give you insite to your enemy which will give you the knowledge to making good tactical decisions.

Using this knowledge is a different manner. I must say this before I forget a good tactic is to hide your gear or weapons and apply them in the field if possible, as I was told on this site "reveil your best in the field" (paraphrased)
A little bit of a flashback here: I was playing in our wold WW2 fort over here and it was around mid-night. Now I knew which of my friends hadn't played before which is 90% of them and knew what problems they'd be up against being first timers.
Seeing how one of my friends is pretty superstious I decided to try something weird because the fort echos so well.
I have to point out my friends where "hiding" you could say because I'd been stalking them in my new ghillie and taking random shots at them from terrifying close ranges. Anyways they were trying to take stock or ambush me inside the fort and I snuck in. I got to the main T intersection and Let out an UNHOLY scream wail kind of sound Twisted Evil. All of a sudden I hear my one run away back to our campsite ( HE LATER TOLD ME HE FELT SOMETHING TOUCH HIM) and as I started moving towards my friends to take some out they satrted moving towards me. Now all I had was a spring pistol and I'm still in a ghillie suit which If you don't know doesn't blend with cement too well so I start moving away and heard my Big friend whimpering.

So as you can tell making educated choices and knowing things about your enemy or the very primitive nature of man can help you. On a somewhat related note for snipers or anyone hiding the human mind isn't made to look up or down sub consiously we just don't do it's as much as looking side to side. I'll throw out some more of these types of tidbits later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/realm_of_burgess
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: getting into the mind of your enemy and using it against them.   getting into the mind of your enemy and using it against them. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:33 pm

So I guess I covered everything or just made the perfect post that answers all questions HUH?
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: getting into the mind of your enemy and using it against them.   getting into the mind of your enemy and using it against them. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Great guide with some useful info. Frankly, I wouldn't want to scream out if I were stalking, it would give away my position.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: getting into the mind of your enemy and using it against them.   getting into the mind of your enemy and using it against them. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 8:10 pm

I don't know about howling, but camouflaging a larger force by having them lay low is a great tactic.... Kinda what you were talking about. A tactic that is slightly more relevant to the topic would be to judge the skill level and style of play of the OPFOR. As you stated Jackofalltrades a man with a ghillie isn't going to be assualting anyone, just like a man with an Mp5 wont be sniping people from 200ft. Use this against them. This can be harder if you play bigger games(like me), but a little recon will show who is where. Most teams like to have a trademark, or they have a specific kitlist that most of the team follows. If you know who is where then you can more accurately take them down.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: getting into the mind of your enemy and using it against them.   getting into the mind of your enemy and using it against them. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 5:44 pm

Well aveenvp well I did the holwing I wasn't in my ghillie I believe We were doing a close quarters battle and inside our local ww2 base so it echoed amazingly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: getting into the mind of your enemy and using it against them.   getting into the mind of your enemy and using it against them. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

getting into the mind of your enemy and using it against them.
Page 1 of 1