Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position.

Go down 
+2
Alabama_Sniper
M14 double-taps
6 posters
AuthorMessage
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position. Empty
PostSubject: ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position.   ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 2:05 pm

For the most part, this is one of my favorite things to do. I do like defending a small ammount of land also, But this takes the cake.

Typically, when my team attacks a fixed position, I will usually hang back in the brush, usually on a bit of higher elevation, and act as sort of a DM with my SOC16. I'll provide a little bit of extra confusion for the defending team, While my team performs an advance. I usually command them to advance like so: (depending on how big the teams are) I'll have a group of maybe two to three, all with AEGs begin a steady, but not over-whelming barrage of fire from the or East or West (Whenever I speak of directions, it's according to wherever the fixed position is, as if they're in the middle of a compass.) They will not advance, or let the enemy team know how many are over there. Then, I'll have a team of four men slowly advance from the south, and once they start taking on fire, will take cover and return fire accordingly. then, At the same time, I'll start firing from the opposite side of the first team, )lets say the first team is on the East side and I'm on the West) and a team of maybe three heavy AEGS will begin an over-whelming barrage of fire from the North. then, the team from the South will start advancing again. Usually by this point the team advancing from the South can advance without too much difficulty. But if they're getting alot of fire and are forced to take cover, I'll usually have that team and the team of two Aegs off to the West alternate advances.

Of course, this tactic/plan is not written in stone, and as any experienced airsofter knows, it almost never goes EXACTLY as planned. It is also a hard attack to get into position for. But I've performed it twice; It worked great for the most part. I'm wanting to hear some of your guy's tactics on assaults on a fixed enemy position. I can hopefully learn and use some of them, as I am actually going to a game today where one round is nothing but an assault on a fixed position; What do you know I'm on the Assault team. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position.   ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 2:26 pm

I for one like this plan that I just made up , lol , anyway , I will stay back on higher elevation , like you stated but instead of the assault team advancing they divide into three smaler groups , and while two groups go left and right to sneak up on the objective , the other one remaining team advances , I will lead them , again also like you stated , but I will also shared command with each groups leader , then I will take out all DM's or Heavy gunners that may pose as a problem for the up and coming chargers , and we also act as though the objective is in the center of the compass , and once the left and right groups get to a certain point they lay down fire and the middle group charges in , once they are in the side groups also charge while I charge , with my MP-5 , after they have almost taken the objective .

Theorecticall this should work , but again like you said , M-15 , all vets know that not all plans go as rehearsed .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position.   ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:13 pm

The tactic my team tends to use is a 'Hold your enemy by the throat and kick him in the nuts' kind of style.

The main attacking force will advance on the position slightly off centre to divert the enemy fire off in that direction. They will make steady progress but not pin the enemy down utterly, just skirmish with them, give them targets and keep them focused on the main force.

Meanwhile the secondary force will be executing a very long flanking manouvre and end up behind or in the flank of the defenders. It is important to have a large enough flanking force to take out any enemies watching their team's back that may cause resistance or alert the main defending force, but small enough to remain undetected.

Once the flanking team is in position they will radio the main force who will then put down a huge volume of fire, smoke and advance on the enemy team. At this point the flanking team will get as close as possible before opening fire. This causes confusion in the enemy as some are taken out straight off, and others divert fire. This halves their volume of fire in both directions and makes for an easy advance on both sides, resulting in

EPIC WIN

Jim
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position.   ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 6:47 pm

TheJim wrote:
The tactic my team tends to use is a 'Hold your enemy by the throat and kick him in the nuts' kind of style.

LOL. I like your tactic, it is actually very much like one I tend to use, although they have their differences. With any attack, once you have established confusion in the enemy team, you have taken th position.

Confusion/fear deteriorates a soldiers effectiveness TREMENDOUSLY, and it's contagious. It spreads like a wildfire If that CO of theirs doesn't have his head on right.....and in some cases even if he does.
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position.   ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 5:40 pm

We don't have COs because anyone who tries to boss other players around is labelled an arsehole
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position.   ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 5:48 pm

TheJim wrote:
We don't have COs because anyone who tries to boss other players around is labelled an arsehole

Really? I mean I see what you mean, but you will always run into that problem with officers, even in real-world. I am usually a CO for my team, but about 1 out of every 5 games I try to put somebody else in charge, but they usually want me to do it. Now I'm not trying to blow my own horn by any means, but thats usually how it happens. A good CO can keep a team in line and keep them from bickering, and keep them focused. But I understand probably that your area of play doesn't need a CO; you all have an objective, you all work together to accomplish it, and furthormore, it sounds like where you play, your'e all experienced players. So i can see how you guys work fine without a CO, but we almost deffinately need one where I play.
Back to top Go down
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

PostSubject: Re: ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position.   ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:20 pm

well i would do about the same as all of you but i use a few gernades
you shoot from one side and trow like 5 gernades team 1(there special ones smaller) while a team ,team 2, flaks them and walks up next to them right up to the wall so they can't be seen and spread around the out side. while that is going on team 1 will just shoot at them (carefully) and trow one gernade inside then when team 2 is in position they trow a genade in from every angle and shoot them as they come ruuning out Twisted Evil
this usaly works the enemy is so focsed on team 1 because of the gernades they don't see team 2 coming and don't think there coming because of all the firing at them thinking they hit there own team
also this works on a house stile fort not a buncker. well it might work on a buncker it just be a lot more funny seing people jump the wall and get shot in the ass
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position.   ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 12:04 am

My tactic is "swarm the enemy from all sides and mutilate them all Twisted Evil ". Sorry my team is a little aggressive... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position.   ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 5:20 am

Locate your enemy,
Fix your enemy, through the use of Superior Fire Power !!!!
Destroy your enemy through speed, and violence of Action !!!
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position.   ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 12:17 am

Jman wrote:
well i would do about the same as all of you but i use a few gernades

Im picking up a job at my locale airsoft store, and so they let me test out all airsoft products before/after store hours. They've had a good gas 'nade in for a while, but I want to test it a few times before purchase. its around 60 bucks. I want to get it mainly for assault purposes, but the biggest thing thats holding me back is the possibiltiy of losing pieces. But yeah, GRENADES help alot in an assault, I would deffinately agree.

OH....and just to let you know, its grenades, not gernades. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position.   ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ASSAULT: On a fixed enemy position.
Page 1 of 1