Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

A airsoft suicide(for the team)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Warrior33
Private
Private

A airsoft suicide(for the team) Empty
PostSubject: A airsoft suicide(for the team)   A airsoft suicide(for the team) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 1:37 pm

Last week we were having a ofcourse airsoft war, Military vs. Gangwarfare. They had a bunker southwest of our North location. I was somewhat "spying" and right when i was discovered my battery died on my echo 1 e90(2-day war) the last round was wrapping it up. Well anyway i was captured and made into a hostage. Their were 7 "gangsters" in the base trying to fight off my attacking squad. I did not want my team trying to come and rescue me plus we had a time limit on this round and our team wanted to finish undefeated in this 2-day war. My hands were tied with a bandana(their weren't tied behind my back) the only weapon i had was a airsoft grenade. I reached into my pocket pulled the pin counted to 3 tossed it up and eliminated the gangsters, thus winning the round although i sacrifaced myself. What is your opinion on this tactic i guess.
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: A airsoft suicide(for the team)   A airsoft suicide(for the team) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 1:40 pm

i believe that if you're willing to do that for your team go ahead but don't plan it, just do what you did and make the last minute decision.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: A airsoft suicide(for the team)   A airsoft suicide(for the team) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:43 pm

There is already a thread on this in the tactics section.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: A airsoft suicide(for the team)   A airsoft suicide(for the team) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 3:15 pm

I believe most stories on this subject to have been made up...child's ideas of how warfare truly is. Remember that we are playing a game, not a war...First off, the word suicide is a loose term. The idea of using a tactic involving 'self sacrifice' is known in the world of war as the a couragous thing. Although I would say in some circumstances, such as yours, it is unnecessary. Hostage encounters, in combat and in airsoft, force people to think and act quickly...I think you did a llittle too much acting and not enough thinking. The goal of any hostage recovery team is to extract the subject ith as little phyical damage to the subject. By 'sacrificing' yourself, you turned a situation that didnt need imediate action into an unneedeod loss of players. Your reaction force could've likely extracted you after an assault. You say you were running out of time, but think...did we have enough time for an extraction team to move in on the compound and remove the aposing force? By getting yourself out, you undermined their work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A airsoft suicide(for the team)   A airsoft suicide(for the team) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A airsoft suicide(for the team)
Page 1 of 1