Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Airsoft sniper rifle vs other airsoft stuff

Go down 
+2
Lone Wolf
Russ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Russ
Corporal
Corporal
Russ

Airsoft sniper rifle vs other airsoft stuff Empty
PostSubject: Airsoft sniper rifle vs other airsoft stuff   Airsoft sniper rifle vs other airsoft stuff Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 7:54 pm

I'm not positive about where to post this, sorry if this would go under which gun. I just want some advice on this becuase i can't make up my mind. This coming week, i have all week off from school because of fall intersetion. I'm not positive if i will be able to go, but anyway its not likely i will go soon, so i'm not worried about having a good gun for now. i have been saving fo a week or 2 to get this one cheap revolver, an 80$ (i know expensive) airsooft mask that is kinda like the ones in the game army of two, and these nice airsoft gloves. that would total to be in the mid 100s. but, i also want a UTG MK96. either way, i will get all of those, i just don't know if i should get the L96 or the other stuff first. (incase you don't understand i would get the mask gloves and revolver together) So what do you all think?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft sniper rifle vs other airsoft stuff   Airsoft sniper rifle vs other airsoft stuff Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 8:36 pm

If you are relatively new to airsoft I don't advise getting a sniper rifle just yet because it is such a demanding role that takes experience. Instead I would get a AEG. JG M4 s-system maybe...SRC Sportline M4...definitely. the SRC sportlines go from anywhere to 120$- 170$ definitely worth looking into.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft sniper rifle vs other airsoft stuff   Airsoft sniper rifle vs other airsoft stuff Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 8:44 pm

I am thinking about backing out of the sniper role and becomeing a cqb expert with a jg m4 s system enhanced
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
pasniper21
Sergeant
Sergeant
pasniper21

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft sniper rifle vs other airsoft stuff   Airsoft sniper rifle vs other airsoft stuff Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:03 pm

Ya I'm doing the same and planning on getting a TM g36c soon. If you are content on getting those ittems though get the sniper first.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft sniper rifle vs other airsoft stuff   Airsoft sniper rifle vs other airsoft stuff Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:25 pm

Please don't get an $80 mask if you don't have enough money to buy guns Smile.

If you want to try some stuff out get a mid sized gun(G36K or an M4, an AK etc etc), for one game go out and try to snipe with that gun. If you cannot do it(to impatient) then you have a gun that can play multiple roles. Really I'm a huge G36 fan so I tend to build it up as the second best AEG(behind my real love of the M14:lol:), so if you don't like the style of either of those guns then I would recommend something that is really easy to convert to a sniper or a DM platform. If you feel that you are ready to move to a bolt action then go for a cheaper bolt action or a really nice bolt action and build it up(IE. get the UTG or even the Maruzin if you really want to snipe).

I think as the above two posts show you need to try other roles first, then move on to sniping if you really feel that you like it. Ill put money down that you will not like sniping but you will like DMing. DMing is the closest thing to the glorified sniping that the movies and video games portray.
I'm not saying that sniping is not fun for some people, but for 98% of airsofters true dedicated sniping is the most boring thing you have ever done! I just switched to sniping only after 2 years of being a DM(designated marksmen), so yes I'm a sniping N00Bzor but I know I enjoy sniping.

I just played a game(event not private), 2 weeks ago. I only got 3 kills. I got 13 with my pistol(they had an indoor field too). Honestly 2 years ago I would have hated sniping.

Do what you want, the above is my opinion. But you will find that everyone who has been a sniper either starts out and never stops or just wastes alot of money on a gun and a ghillie and stops almost as soon as they started.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft sniper rifle vs other airsoft stuff   Airsoft sniper rifle vs other airsoft stuff Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:03 pm

With out the gun you ain't gonna be able to use the other stuff so get the basics , the L-96 , Mask , and gloves , save the revolver for later ( but if I were you I wouldn't get the revolver ) .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft sniper rifle vs other airsoft stuff   Airsoft sniper rifle vs other airsoft stuff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airsoft sniper rifle vs other airsoft stuff
Page 1 of 1