Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Where do you fall between aggression and caution

Go down 
+13
djstasevich
wombinator
1shot1kill
Lone Wolf
GeneralMDBK
DOA Draven
Fox13
M14 double-taps
speedloader1
SniperL96
sticks.13
Admin
Roamer
17 posters

Where do you place yourself as an airsoft player?
-Aggressive
Where do you fall between aggression and caution Vote_lcap11%Where do you fall between aggression and caution Vote_rcap
 11% [ 5 ]
-Mostly Aggressive
Where do you fall between aggression and caution Vote_lcap11%Where do you fall between aggression and caution Vote_rcap
 11% [ 5 ]
-Nearly 50/50, but more aggressive
Where do you fall between aggression and caution Vote_lcap19%Where do you fall between aggression and caution Vote_rcap
 19% [ 9 ]
-50/50 mix of both
Where do you fall between aggression and caution Vote_lcap15%Where do you fall between aggression and caution Vote_rcap
 15% [ 7 ]
-Nearly 50/50, but more cautious
Where do you fall between aggression and caution Vote_lcap15%Where do you fall between aggression and caution Vote_rcap
 15% [ 7 ]
-Mostly Cautious
Where do you fall between aggression and caution Vote_lcap23%Where do you fall between aggression and caution Vote_rcap
 23% [ 11 ]
-Cautious
Where do you fall between aggression and caution Vote_lcap6%Where do you fall between aggression and caution Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 47

AuthorMessage
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

Where do you fall between aggression and caution Empty
PostSubject: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 11:09 am

This topic stems off of the Psychological Predisposition thread. Thanks to Admin and Ace for this idea. I hope it gives us a good look at the scope of players we have here and that we can generalize it to the larger airsoft population.

So where do you classify yourself between the extremes of an aggressive player and a more cautious player. Please realize this poll is to scale so the middle ground can actually be assumed to be a 50/50 split between the two variables and both ends are more or less purely aggressive or purely cautious. Realize also that yes situations will and should dictate your tactics, but here we want an average across all situations (as accurate as possible).

Please have fun with this and feel free to post any and all comments although a justification is not needed here.

Thanks,
-Roamer

If you have any questions about the scale please ask before voting as to not pollute the results.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 11:20 am

Very nice poll - and thank you for including all possible levels. I chose 50/50 cautious, although in the past I've mainly been more "mostly cautious" than anything else. But in the past few months with my teammates mainly being a little less "cautious" I had to adapt to their playing style a little, and I don't see me going back to my old level (mostly cautious) anytime soon. But I like it - sometimes it's nice to be in the action a little more often Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 11:24 am

Yeah, I think it is actually an awesome idea for a poll. I can't wait to see what kind of results we get. It was you and Ace who thought of it though, not me. Is the scale good. I originally had a couple of more options, but I scaled it done as to prevent confusion... I was confused just thinking about it.

Note: I didn't answer yet b/c I didn't want to effect the opinions of others. I like how you can't see the results before you answer the poll, but you could still read.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:02 pm

i wouldn't say im cautious more like slow and persistent. i can be agressive when i need to be.

however my days of anxiously waiting for a firefight is over. its more geared twords land nav stuff now.

sticks
Back to top Go down
SniperL96
Corporal
Corporal
SniperL96

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 7:26 pm

Im 50/50 mix of both.But likeSticks.13 said,i can also be agressive and cautious. It just depends on who im playing and if im fermiler with the turf.
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 8:54 pm

well sniperl96 that is what I would have to say. Although, when rating myself and how I actually play I am going to have to say I am a nearly 50/50 mostly aggressive type
Back to top Go down
speedloader1
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 2:17 am

I picked agressive because just about a month ago my sniper broke so i bought a shotgun just to try it out. Well any way i have become such and agressive player , but when i say agressive i mean as in moving into enemy lines before any one *******.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 8:56 pm

I chose 50/50, more cautious. I play more cautiously in Urban Assault than I do in woodland areas, though. Especially in the airsoft field I built, then I am alot more aggresive....but then again, thats in comparrison. I would say wherever I am, I am usually just a tad bit more cautious than I am aggressive.....but just a LITTLE, alomost 50/50.....hence my vote Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 9:50 pm

Being a DM I would say mostly cautious because my job is to be stealthy and take out distances from long range but unlike a sniper I am not always trying to remain hidden. Speaking of, in your squad whould you rather have a bunch of aggresive guys or a bunch of cautious people?
Back to top Go down
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:47 am

Voted - mostly cautious

Because I pretty well always play the sniper/hunter role, though at times certain situations require agression. My team is a mix, the sniper element is the cautious lot, while the regulars are the hard agressive dudes. Smile [well, like to think they are ... we snipers know best Very Happy ]
Back to top Go down
GeneralMDBK
Private
Private
GeneralMDBK

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:49 am

im mostly cautious. im another sniper and this is the way we are
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 12:39 pm

I play 50/50. As i am a rifleman I have to sometimes be agressive with my group...

Though once im DM...lol different story...
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
1shot1kill
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 3:37 am

hiding and waiting for the perfect shot im "cautious"
Back to top Go down
wombinator
Private
Private
wombinator

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:11 pm

Im 50/50 but idk. I love the rush I get when I just completely blitz people. Its so amazing. Then also, I like to be cautious to make sure Im not an idiot and just run out into open fire and get dominated.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:32 pm

wombinator wrote:
Im 50/50 but idk. I love the rush I get when I just completely blitz people. Its so amazing. Then also, I like to be cautious to make sure Im not an idiot and just run out into open fire and get dominated.

LEEROY JENKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i actually have had a noobie do that before.
we were LOAO.
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:57 pm

I play with lots of caustion "snipers" that just sit and wait. I put 50/50 because I like to sit, observe,move and repeat, until I can take a shot.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:59 pm

being aggressive is necessary in close quarter invasion though.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:35 pm

yes i can agree i like like to sit and wait but move every now and then
Back to top Go down
inferno350z
Corporal
Corporal
inferno350z

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:20 am

I chose aggressive because Ive played about two years with AEG and I think I can count maybe a little over 10 times ive made over 3 people start going crazy and scream etc. after me charging....but now my charging days are over ive always liked being absoloutley stealthy so I chose sniper.
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:49 pm

Depends. In my days of being a heavy gunner I would ditch my sqaud and stealthly creep up to an enemy sqaud from here I would jump out and just blast everyone away and absolutely destroy everything. Its from this adrenalien charges that I have enlisted the use of the class blitz gunner. They carry lighter equipment and a lighter heavy gunner weapon. They run around the field just poping out smashing enemys Then run. but as a sniper Im 50/50.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:51 pm

thats not a good idea, a support gunner is supposed to provide a onslaught trying to keep the targets down while the riflemen surgically fire on targets.
What I would do is send a blitz group, not a blitz gunner...get my pic?
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:03 pm

Yes lone wolf but I mean one man is stealthier than a sqaud besides he just hides with a ghillie and pops out with amushes its highly effective. If you read my cerberus tactic I use a spec sqaud my blitz gunner is with them I use them as a a blitz sqaud also though.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:11 pm

not neccesarily true, you can train a squad to be stealthy. besides sending one person on a blitz is a 'stupid' idea, but hey they may work...some of the time
Back to top Go down
sniperGokey
Private
Private
sniperGokey

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:44 am

My vote waas most aggressive becuase you never know whats around the corner. When the circumstances are like that my adrenaline gets pumping and i start flying around and get more kills. But i am most aggressive anyway no matter what i am doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you fall between aggression and caution   Where do you fall between aggression and caution Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do you fall between aggression and caution
Page 1 of 1