Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)

Go down 
+7
AFU
Lone Wolf
JARHEAD
TheOneNamedMike
Insane Mercc
M14 double-taps
white wolf
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Empty
PostSubject: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:33 pm

Ok I'll try not to vent...

EVERY game I organise fell through, today is the 10th time, WHYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! is it cuz my team is not serious, is it cuz they don't care
or am I forgeting somthing? I HATE IT EVERY TIME!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:06 pm

Both.
Unfortunately, it's probably because they aren't serious, therefore they don't care.
It's a shame having to work with players like that.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:57 pm

You should find a way to get them interested in the game again or spice up the events a lil bit. jocolor
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:01 pm

You know, I have the same problem...
i was looking for SERIOUS airsofters, but my team is just a bunch of wanna-be's who arn't seroius and joke around too much
I like to call those people "INMATURE" wannabes...
Those arn't the airsofters you want in a team...
You want people serious, and willing to get shot.
I had some, and they left because of stupid reasons.
But I didn't care, trust me, their not important members...
Find people willing to listen to the leader...
Those Imature wannabes thought I was really bossy, but the true team members said thats what they look for in a good leader...
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:09 pm

But it all depends on how many people actually play in your area. sometimes you have to play with the cards your dealt. So the bottom line is: Appeal to each persons fancy.
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:12 pm

Even if each person's fancy is imaturity, stupidity, stuborness, and the impossible?
I don't have a big team, about 7 active members in it. And when those two left, I only had 5.
I was WAAY Better off without those two...
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:15 pm

If they are truly dicks then they don't want to be there and just not invite them anymore. jocolor
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Exactly...
Depends on your personality and what you look for in a team.
They kept joking around, they wern't serious, and their answer for everything was to buy a new gun, go against my advice, steal my advice.
If you can live with that, suit your self, but I had to permanently ban my two members...
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 12:39 am

yeah, try to ease them into it slowley too, like just make it like lets hang out but bring your AS gear and then like chill out for a few hours then do AS for an hour and slowly ease them into it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 1:40 am

If you don't want your airsoft games to fall through all the time, simply become a better friend.

A lot of teams are founded that way. Don't get p/ed if a player cannot attend; instead of calling them stupid, ignorant, rude...etc. Just present yourself a better way. Give your members a better reason why to go attend your game. Start by finding and creating a field using w/e you can get for free, and just ask your team members if they want to come help you out.

Trust me, jumping into serious airsoft from a cold starting is very hard to adjust to even if you want it. It takes money, time, and flexibility.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 1:53 am

Lonewolf I feel as if your going against me a little bit...
You have no idea what I had to deal with.
HAD
With those two friends of mine I talked about,
I was a good friend, a VERY GOOD FRIEND... yet they couldn't take airsoft seriously...
I asked everyone about team training, and one of them fought against me, told me it was a stupid idea, and left the team cause he was very ignorant of following requests. They were requests too, not orders....

The other one, left because he liked the name better...
Not because of how good they are, and how many people they have, but the name.. really?

Sometimes you have to let people off the team, sometime's its for the better...
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:48 am

Yea but if your entire team has a lack of interest you either drop the team or you need to find a reason to start playing airsoft seriously.

I'll remind you that airsoft is a hobby and not the football team or marching band.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:46 am

OK, got back from talking with them, THIS TIME it was reasonable
1 a guys gun broke
2 guy was sick for the day
3 had stuff going on
so they all had a good enough reason(each was a differant person) OH and 1 hates me, cuz he can't take over my team MY TEAM!!!
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:37 pm

Try scheduling the event further in the future. If you get everyone to OK an event that is a month way (Painful waiting) then they might feel more inclined to participate, plus you give them more time to clear their schedule.

Give them reasons to take airsoft seriously too. Show them a chosen video from scottthedoggie and let them know that with practice, that could be them too. Even give them a goal such as attending a real event. Etc.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:49 pm

Just today at a game Ian M. got shot in the shin and then sat in a chair and for 10 minutes cried sobbed like a baby. I told jared to shoot him so he just kept saying "Watch your language" you and crying you have to have mature players to play.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:43 pm

seriously, in the shin.
Back to top Go down
ncis
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:01 am

what a *censored just in case girls come to this site* WHY THE "Watch your language" DID HE JOIN AIRSOFT ANYWAY! WHAT DOES HE THINK YOU DO! SIP TEA AND MAKE COOKIES! ITS A MAN-HOBBY! MAN! WITH ALL THE MANLY PARTS THAT MEN HAVE! SUCK IT UP YOU WUSS!
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 1:38 am

ncis wrote:
what a *censored just in case girls come to this site* WHY THE "Watch your language" DID HE JOIN AIRSOFT ANYWAY! WHAT DOES HE THINK YOU DO! SIP TEA AND MAKE COOKIES! ITS A MAN-HOBBY! MAN! WITH ALL THE MANLY PARTS THAT MEN HAVE! SUCK IT UP YOU WUSS!

haha
i no

Satan
Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:49 pm
Just today at a game Ian M. got shot in the shin and then sat in a chair and for 10 minutes cried sobbed like a baby. I told jared to shoot him so he just kept saying "Watch your language" you and crying you have to have mature players to play.

and that, ok, so hes sitting there and he asks satan something and he should no the answer to it, so satan says ok please shoot him, so hes sitting on a bench and i shoot the bench between the legs and it riotchets off and his him in the thigh, so he cries for 10 minutes and 45 mins later still has red teary eyes. Now right after i shot him, 5 mins, i look at the hit and its barely turning red, now i would not cry over that, maybe if i was bare skinned 2 feet away from an upgraded E1 saw that starts to imbed bbs into my torso, but a weak riotchet shot?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:08 pm

As Mike said, sometimes its just that you're playing with the wrong people.

We had a couple problem players for a while but once we found a legit reason to get rid of em, they were permanently banned from the team and website. Sometimes its just those 1% of players that just don't care and cause problems that bring the other 99% down.

I agree with Lone Wolf's comment that jumping into serious airsoft from a cold starting is very hard...so Im going to expand on that a bit...

Quote :
It takes money, time, and flexibility.

Money: Things money needs to be put into-
Uniform, patches, website(?), event fees and team registration, misc. team gear, etc...

Time: I know this better than most people I think. TAC 327 was established about half a year ago and since then I've only played with my team once! This is the area that I fail in the most because I often don't have time to get out and play airsoft because I have other responsibilities (gf, job, school, sports, etc.). To make up for my lack of playing time, I tend to spend more time doing administrative work.

Flexibility: Flexibility is needed because a team is like any business...not everyone has the same goals and objectives. You kinda half to find the common-factor in people's needs to make everyone happy. Flexibility in time becuase not everyone can attend an event every week. Flexibility in players because everyone isn't at the same level of play. Some have more experience than others so you have to find a middle-point to keep everyone together.

Maybe being a team leader isn't the right job. Try joining an already formed team, it'll be alot more fun for you.
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:07 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
As Mike said, sometimes its just that you're playing with the wrong people.

We had a couple problem players for a while but once we found a legit reason to get rid of em, they were permanently banned from the team and website. Sometimes its just those 1% of players that just don't care and cause problems that bring the other 99% down.

I agree with Lone Wolf's comment that jumping into serious airsoft from a cold starting is very hard...so Im going to expand on that a bit...

Quote :
It takes money, time, and flexibility.

Money: Things money needs to be put into-
Uniform, patches, website(?), event fees and team registration, misc. team gear, etc...

Time: I know this better than most people I think. TAC 327 was established about half a year ago and since then I've only played with my team once! This is the area that I fail in the most because I often don't have time to get out and play airsoft because I have other responsibilities (gf, job, school, sports, etc.). To make up for my lack of playing time, I tend to spend more time doing administrative work.

Flexibility: Flexibility is needed because a team is like any business...not everyone has the same goals and objectives. You kinda half to find the common-factor in people's needs to make everyone happy. Flexibility in time becuase not everyone can attend an event every week. Flexibility in players because everyone isn't at the same level of play. Some have more experience than others so you have to find a middle-point to keep everyone together.

Maybe being a team leader isn't the right job. Try joining an already formed team, it'll be alot more fun for you.

was that danny?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:08 pm

haha yes it was Danny.

Along with another, who left for an even more idiotic reason...as Mike said:
Because he liked the name of another team better...ahaha
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:09 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
haha yes it was Danny.

Along with another, who left for an even more idiotic reason...as Mike said:
Because he liked the name of another team better...ahaha

its a very rough topic, hen you know your team is better than them yet they leave anyway
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:31 pm

The problem with joining a team is you still need to be seriously into it.

Uniforms are not a big area but field fees and being able to attend events are. I willingly and I repeat willingly sacrifice the whole highschool band experience to play airsoft instead. And still I am not able to attend as many things I want to because I don't have a job and my parents are not very indulgent, my sister kind of screwed that up for me :XcensorX:

What I recommend doing right now, if you plan to have a team, is just network with people both pro and joe. Learn leadership skills, and go out to the events, schools are the worst places to network (same with work). Play alongside different teams. Free-Lance airsoft is the easiest way to do things, you make more friends and there are no uniform req.s

Eventually, your going to be set to meet your plan to have your own team. Just now things are kind of set to go smoothly. You now know other people pro-joe alike who may be looking for a team, why not make one? Get a website going with info and a blog, and practice at least once every week, or a month even. Don't worry about any kind of uniform until you find yourself at the field every saturday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:52 pm

Quote :
Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:49 pm

and that, ok, so hes sitting there and he asks satan something and he should no the answer to it, so satan says ok please shoot him, so hes sitting on a bench and i shoot the bench between the legs and it riotchets off and his him in the thigh, so he cries for 10 minutes and 45 mins later still has red teary eyes. Now right after i shot him, 5 mins, i look at the hit and its barely turning red, now i would not cry over that, maybe if i was bare skinned 2 feet away from an upgraded E1 saw that starts to imbed bbs into my torso, but a weak riotchet shot?

Another fine display of the serious Airsoft Player, the maturity is just overwhelming, on all sides the display of Teamwork, Friendship, Fun, is mind blowing.

Idiotic behavior like this, is why, so many people have a bad understanding of the game, you all should be real proud of yourselves, nice going.

( Others are thinking it, Iīm Saying it !! )
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:31 am

After a small flood of PMīs and against my better judgement Iīm re.opening this thread, other have stated they would also like the oppertunity to sound off, so here you go........

In reply to the PMīs,
1, I donīt care if you consider my response a bit harsh, and here are the reasons why,
a, Somebody had to make the choice to point their gun in the players direction.
b, The shooter had to make the choice to switch from Safe to Semi.
c, The shooter had to make the choice to pull the Trigger.

It dosnīt matter that the BB hit the chair and ricocheted hitting the Player in the leg, what would have happened if it ricocheted and hit him/her in the Eye?

What does matter is that Players maintain and uphold a mature level of play and conduct on the playing field !

@Satan, as the Team Leader, it is your responability to see that all players are held to these standards, that their conduct helps the further development of the game, not just in a tactical sense, but also in the area of Team Building.

I get to listen to so many younger players B*tch and Moan about not being able to participate in High Speed games and Events, not being invited, not even being considered for Guard Duty, Trash Detail, Dixie Toilet Cleaning detail, or even being part of the Press Pool. Most of them just want to be a part of it all, just to be able to put on the uniform, to be able to watch the `` Big Boys īī play, to sit in the freaking corner and watch and learn, but they donīt get that chance, and do you know why ???

Because fools and foolish activity destroys the Game, Moral, and the complete experiance for all the rest of the players !! and nobody wants to risk it !!!

Before anybody says it, I will, Yes there are older players out there that pull the same stupid crap, but they are fewer, and how often do you think it comes about that after a player shells out a few hunded bucks for an event, Prep Costs, Travel, Gas, Food, Drink, they are willing to get bounced from an Event or Game over something dumb. Then comes the added aggravation of being `` Black Listed īī as a Player, or as the entire Team being `` Black Listed īī due to one players stupidity and immature foolish actions.

Try this on for size,
I invite you to a Game, you can tune your guns up to our standards, Assault Rifle 2,5 Joule, measured with .30g BB.s ( roughly 520FPS with .20g BB.s ),Sniper Rifle, unlimited, and because of some simple comment I tell one of my Teamates to shot you, how are you going to feel ? Never mind the Pain, Never mind being scared, Never Mind maybe having to dig the BB out of your hand, what are your thoughts and feelings going to be about what happened and what was done to you ? Guess what, I would be willing to bet that you donīt keep your mouth shut, bet you dollars to doughnuts that you are going to tell somebody, and that somebody is going to tell sombody else and so on.

Well thatīs enough of my tirade for now, Heaven help the first person that says, Hey slobbie, Dude calm down, itīs not that bad, really.

Yes! it is that bad !!
Now if you will excuse me, Iīm going out in the garden and am going to take my frustration out on some garden snails.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)   why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

why do my games fall through(I think this is the best to put it)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next