Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

guestion about firing issues

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

guestion about firing issues Empty
PostSubject: guestion about firing issues   guestion about firing issues Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:40 am

ok so here's the prob. my rifle can shoot fully automatic no problem. semi-auto no problem (while on full auto setting i.e. pressing the trigger for the slightest moment) but when i switch to semi-auto it will fire maybe once or twice but then it will sort of short out? im unsure what this is. it wont fire, the trigger has locked a couple times but not a lot. also from the sound of it. it sounds like. half a shot. unsure how to explain it really
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: guestion about firing issues   guestion about firing issues Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 5:11 am

and I assume, when you switch back to F/A, it fires with no Problem,

If that is the case, it is a trigger control problem, you are letting go of the trigger before the gun has completed its firing cycle ( Half Shot ), there is the outside chance that the cut-off Lever, or switch assembly is damaged ( doubt it ).

When firing in Semi, try not to release the trigger before the gun has fired, gets hard in the heat of the moment, but this is the main cause for malfunctions when shooting in semi.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: guestion about firing issues   guestion about firing issues Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 5:18 am

i realised that but, the thing is it will continue to do this, to the point where is does not fire at all. if i switch to F/A and fire a couple single shots that way and switch to S/A it will fire a few times before this happens
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: guestion about firing issues   guestion about firing issues Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 5:27 am

If you are absolutly positive that it is not a trigger control problem, then it is a problem with the Cut-Off lever, Switch Assembly and Trigger,

The Cut-off lever is causing the Contact Block in the Switch Assembly to ride up over the Trigger, tipping the Block so it can no longer make solid contact to fire the gun, when it happens, does the trigger stay locked back in the firing position ??
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: guestion about firing issues   guestion about firing issues Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:05 pm

it locks in the pre firing position. actually i think there might be some thing wrong with my fire selection wiring. because it fired full auto in S/A one time it was wierd. thanks for your help
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: guestion about firing issues   guestion about firing issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:45 am

Firing F/A while in Semi, can also be a trigger control problem, players that pull the trigger to slowly get a 3-5 round burst, itīs called a Half Pull, over time it will damage the cut-off lever and switch assembly.

I would not be worried about the wiring, AS guns are very simple as far as the wiring goes, usualy if there is a defect in the cables the gun will not fire, if I was you I would first look at the Cut-Off Lever, Contact Block/Switch Assembly, and Trigger.

BTW, did you happen to trade out the trigger for one from SYSTEMA ??
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: guestion about firing issues   guestion about firing issues Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:40 am

no everything in this rifle is stock. nothing upgraded. ill try to work with it a little more to see if i can fix it possibly
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: guestion about firing issues   guestion about firing issues Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:30 pm

You may want to try installing a stronger spring on the Switch Assembly, most stock springs are pretty weak.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: guestion about firing issues   guestion about firing issues Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 6:25 pm

yes i could do that, but even for a stock gun this one feels very durable. but i could always do that when and if i get it fixed Very Happy, i think there was a problem with my battery because i put in a battery that i bought recently and the single fire and auto fire were shooting without any problems. i think the battery i got was a bad battery
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: guestion about firing issues   guestion about firing issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

guestion about firing issues
Page 1 of 1