Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

New AEG, not firing?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
senorpyz
Private
Private

New AEG, not firing? Empty
PostSubject: New AEG, not firing?   New AEG, not firing? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:39 pm

I just got my G&G combat machine m4 in the mail today with a 9.6v 2000mah intellect battery, charged the battery with a smart charger, connected the battery, wouldnt fire....help...pls?

btw. i checked the fuse
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: New AEG, not firing?   New AEG, not firing? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Need more specifics on the problem to provide any real help, other than maybe just return it.

What happens when you pull the trigger?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
senorpyz
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: New AEG, not firing?   New AEG, not firing? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:45 pm

nothing happens when i pull the trigger... could it be the battery?
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: New AEG, not firing?   New AEG, not firing? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:05 pm

Nothing at all? Not the slightest noise....?
This is a new one to me. I don't think it'd be the battery....If NOTHING happens at all, to me that means that the electrical current is broken somewhere; maybe wiring is faulty or not hooked up properly...this is a new one to me.

It's possible that it's the battery, but I highly doubt it. Even the most fried battry would still produce a tid bit of energy,enough to cause some sort of reaction somewhere in the gun.
Back to top Go down
senorpyz
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: New AEG, not firing?   New AEG, not firing? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:15 pm

well it makes a clicking sound and i can feel something move inside of it and it pulls bbs out of the mag
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: New AEG, not firing?   New AEG, not firing? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:32 pm

senorpyz wrote:
well it makes a clicking sound and i can feel something move inside of it and it pulls bbs out of the mag
CAUTION: IGNORANCE BEYOND THIS POINT Very Happy

Sounds like a battery problem then.

If it didn't do anything at all, I'd say the fuse is blown or circuit is broken...but that sounds like a battery issue.
Try using another battery (maybe a friend's?), tighten the motor adjustment thingy (I know what Im talking about Very Happy), and...ummm...ya... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

PostSubject: Re: New AEG, not firing?   New AEG, not firing? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:56 am

I can help you tomorrow, don't go breaking anything now hah, I will be up in about 12 hrs... mmm Yeah hold your horses and ill fix your gun for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dancsbt
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: New AEG, not firing?   New AEG, not firing? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:11 am

If that clicking noise is in the Pistol Grip, it would indeed be a Motor/Battery issue, which is what I expected it was from the start because it's very common in V2 Mechboxes.
I was saying it isn't a battery problem because he calimed it made ZERO noise. That would be a wiring/circuit problem.
But yeah, The battery you are using is not supplying efficient power to the Motor to spin the Bevel Gear thus spinning the rest of the gears in your Gearbox. So basically when you pull the trigger the motor just wiggles a little bit, Hence the noise you're hearing.
Before buying a new battery, I'd try adjusting the Motor height like Durkee saud, but I would take the Base Plate of the Pistol Grip off, take the Motor out, and press it back in, but use a bit of force when doing so to make sure it's in snuggly. Then, put the Base Plate back on and adjust Motor height with the Allen Wrench if you feel neccessary.

But yeahh basically the Battery isn't powerful enough to give the Motor enough power to spin the rest of the Gears.
Back to top Go down
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

PostSubject: Re: New AEG, not firing?   New AEG, not firing? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:01 am

That intellect battery should be fine for his CM, I was running a 1600 mah 9.6 intellect butterfly battery on my G4-a3. But yes m14 is right, there has to be something wrong with the motor. Is this a right out of the box issue, or have you taken the gun apart? Before taking the base plate off, make sure you know what you are doing, Disconnect the battery from the gun and then unscrew the base plate in the bottom of your pistol grip. The motor might be too high and thus not allowing room for it to turn the first gear in the gearbox. If that is not the problem, then you may have a problem like I had where the motor is in the wrong way thus not being able to turn the gears correctly because of the anti-reversal latch being in place in the gearbox.

Do what m14 said first, if that does not fix it, then there is another problem we can address.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: New AEG, not firing?   New AEG, not firing? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:56 pm

You say you can "Feel bbs going into the gun" Are you seeing them roll down the barrel? If so this could be a piston problem. Which is unlikely...try a different battery. Also check the connections on the motor. Make sure the Red (positive) connection is closest to the muzzle and Black (negative) is closest to the stock.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

PostSubject: Re: New AEG, not firing?   New AEG, not firing? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:27 pm

I believe we are going too far into depth he said it was new so it should not have all these problems with it. I do not know how well he knows the v.2 gearbox so lets just keep it simple at first. Check you battery, then check your motor height, if neither works then we can go further in depth.
Back to top Go down
senorpyz
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: New AEG, not firing?   New AEG, not firing? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:54 am

thanks for all the help guys,

ok, so i tried it with my friend's battery, it fired, i shot off about 50 rounds and it suddenly stopped working, we presumed my friends battery had simply gone dead but we thought the problem was my battery not the gun, so we went and got me a new battery (intellect 8.4v 1600mah) and charged it with my charger, once charged, we tried it, didnt work, we thought, hey! it might be the charger thats broken, not the battery, so we tried charging the new battery with my friend's charger, it didnt work, then we charged my friend's battery and tried it, it didnt work

each time i tried a battery, the battery, the battery's wiring, and the wiring in the gun heated up a lot (this was with both of the batteries we tried)

any more help would be greatly appreciated =]

edit:
Ok, tried my friend's battery and adjusted the motor and it will fire

I'm pretty sure the problem is a bad charger because it would make both batteries really hot when it charged them (which i heard is not good at all when its NiMH batteries) so In that case, i might be out 2 batteries...
Back to top Go down
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

PostSubject: Re: New AEG, not firing?   New AEG, not firing? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:23 pm

So according to your post you have got it all fixed now? That is great news.
Back to top Go down
senorpyz
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: New AEG, not firing?   New AEG, not firing? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:44 pm

Yup, the gun is working but i have 2 fried batteries and a smart charger that fries batteries
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: New AEG, not firing?   New AEG, not firing? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:53 pm

senorpyz wrote:
Yup, the gun is working but i have 2 fried batteries and a smart charger that fries batteries
Nice.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

PostSubject: Re: New AEG, not firing?   New AEG, not firing? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:53 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
senorpyz wrote:
Nice.

Very Happy

Yes, very nice hah. But at least it is that and not your gun. Like me being inexperienced with my Glock clone and tearing it to shreds only to realize it was the magazine... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New AEG, not firing?   New AEG, not firing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New AEG, not firing?
Page 1 of 1