Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

m4 problems

Go down 
+4
TheOneNamedMike
scooterprodigy
aveenvp
MetallicAirsoft
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:58 am

ok so now that i have spent more then 10 gueling hours yrying to get my m4 to work i ot it to make a sound but it won't shoot and now my brother is in NH(Not college yet) and he can't look at it(i also wated to go to an event with him) so i'm asking you what to do guys.

What i believe th problem is is that the motor is woking to hit the gears but the gears won't budge and the noise i hear sounds like just the motor trying to turn but can't
Advice.. anything...
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:09 am

does the motor make a grinding noise when you pull the trigger?
Back to top Go down
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:42 am

not like a horrible noise like grinding but like hitting the gears but they don't move hard to explain it might just be a dead battery i havn't checked since it's early for me to do much

EDIT: Like a clicking noise
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:12 am

yeah, it might be a dead battery or wiring issues.
Back to top Go down
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:02 pm

i just fixed the wiring with my new solder

EDIT: it's not the battery
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:34 pm

um well if your good at taken apart your gun then aveenp is prob right it could be a dead battery. i would take apart the gun a take a look
Back to top Go down
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:27 pm

if you had read my post then u would know it's not the battery and i'm sick of taking it apart 10 hours is too much butwhen i do i will take a pic i was just wondering i anyone knew(i think the gears aren't aligned or something since they are not budging
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:55 pm

well from my past experiences
a grinding noise comming from the motor is an ABSOLUTE positive, that the wiring is okay.
So its not that.

A grinding noise from the motor you say?
Try raising your motor length
See the motor makes a grinding noise sometimes when it is not properly adjusted.
Just a note: I MAY BE WRONG.
But adjust the motor height.
On the bottem of the hand grip, (Next to the trigger)
adjust it by either pushing the plate down, or up.
If you tighten the screws, and pushing the plate down, and it contiues to make that noise, but LOUDER.
Loosen it until you don't hear it.
If that doesn't help, adjust it to where it was before.

Thats the only problem I remember with motors and motor heights
Sorry
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:00 pm

O ya sorry metallic
Back to top Go down
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:55 pm

thanks mike i will try that
Back to top Go down
ncis
Major
Major

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:31 pm

stripped gear maybe?
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:47 pm

thats what i ws thinken but might have been rong so didnt mention it . wait but if it was a striiped gear then would you still here the grinding
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:32 pm

Did it work buddy?
Or was I completely wrong D:?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 12:03 am

it looks to me like a wiring issue/battery. Now are you confident in your soldering skills or are you first timing.

I had a issue with a 'element' (brand) trigger harness where I had to resolder it because the contact was cracked and obviously the juice would not get to the motor, or in very narrow channels when the two connected. I resolved this issue with flux and solder.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 12:17 am

i am confidant in my first time and it is most likely something with the gears or the morot and i have not tried it yet tomorrow i will it's just 11:15pm here sooo.... tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 12:23 am

Okay, Then check out the trigger contacts which get a light layer of smudge over time, BUT try another friend's battery first to cross that off your troubleshoot.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:21 am

wait isn't ur m4 a stubby
Back to top Go down
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:27 am

no i got a bonyard and fixed a new one with the parts of the stubby and it is not the battery i put it in my P90 and it shot fine

EDIT: it is somthing with the internals i am 100% sure of it but i don't want to take apart again so i have to wait and thanks for the help i might ask later if my bro can't figure it out
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am

Battery. I know you don't like hearing this again and again, but read the post I made about batteries working in certain Replicas. Very Happy
It may work in your P90 just find, but the motor housing is different in a P90.
The Motor in an M4 sits in a pistol grip, and has a bit of room to move around. Therefore, there are a wide range of Batteries that will not work with Ver. 2 Replicas.
This is because it requires more Effort from the Battery to move the Gears when the Motor has room to move around and gives a little force backwards....Tough to explain, I'm sorry.
Read the Battery Thread I started.

If it really does turn out not to be the Battery, it could simply be a GB Lock.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
slob212
slob212

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:03 am

Check the the following, if you are absolutly positive itīs not the battery,

1, Pull the Motor out, hook it up, hook up your battery, hang on to the motor, pull the trigger, if your motor is working, it will spin, if the motor turns, your wiring is good, if not you have a short somewhere, and you only need a little solder in the wrong place to short out the gun.

2, assuming the motor runs after pulling the trigger, you have an internal problem,
Shimming is to tight,
Piston is not aligned on itīs rails,
Sector Gear is not alighned with the catch tooth on your piston, it is pushing into the piston, instead of pulling the piston, look at the teeth on your piston, if the catch tooth has a dent, or shaved area before the end of the tooth, you need to space your piston head properly,
Check the contacts on your switch assembly, and selector plate, look for the Black oxidation, a pencil eraser removes it nicley.
Check for worn or brolen teeth on your gears, All of them, Pinion, Spur, Sector and Bevel,
Check that you have no forign matter stuck in the teeth of your gears,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

m4 problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: m4 problems   m4 problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

m4 problems
Page 1 of 1