Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Flash Hider Paint

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
br55ftw
Captain
Captain
br55ftw

Flash Hider Paint Empty
PostSubject: Flash Hider Paint   Flash Hider Paint Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:15 pm

I recently painted my JG G36's flash hider black. I did this because the orange stood out and it looked better black. A few weeks later I realized that I wanted to sell it, and to do that I would need to have the flash hider orange (seeing that it is illegal to sell an airsoft gun with a non-orange tip). I thought about using turpentine, but I thought that it might take away the orange underneath. Should I use turpentine or repaint the tip orange?
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

Flash Hider Paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Hider Paint   Flash Hider Paint Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:24 pm

Yes, the plastic is most likely orange plastic, if not get a pocket knife and scrape away the paint
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

Flash Hider Paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Hider Paint   Flash Hider Paint Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:27 pm

br55ftw wrote:
I recently painted my JG G36's flash hider black. I did this because the orange stood out and it looked better black. A few weeks later I realized that I wanted to sell it, and to do that I would need to have the flash hider orange (seeing that it is illegal to sell an airsoft gun with a non-orange tip). I thought about using turpentine, but I thought that it might take away the orange underneath. Should I use turpentine or repaint the tip orange?

I would use fine sandpaper to get the main amoiunt of black off then when thats done soak it and clean it in turpintine and when youve gotten all you can off, get a good quality plastic spray paint primer and do one coat of that then once that dries put a good quality orange spray paint 1-2 coats on and let them dry and you should be good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Flash Hider Paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Hider Paint   Flash Hider Paint Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:17 am

I recently did paint my G36C flashhider. Now I used a denatured alcohol paint thinner where the paint just sort of scraped off with a finger nail. Maybe do a combination sandpaper and thinner and it should come off.

Also just make sure you use FLAT black and not GLOSS black Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

Flash Hider Paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Hider Paint   Flash Hider Paint Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:30 am

you could sand paper it then soak it in sulfuric acid or do it the easy but legal way and put good high quality orange tape on the end.... evike does this for some of there custom guns
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flash Hider Paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Hider Paint   Flash Hider Paint Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flash Hider Paint
Page 1 of 1