Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Removing flash hider

Go down 
+2
david
Wertuk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

Removing flash hider Empty
PostSubject: Removing flash hider   Removing flash hider Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:23 pm

So I got this(when it was 250 on ASGI), and want to put on a blackside barrel extension. Does the flash hider even come off on this gun, as I have tried, EVERYTHING!

Last edited by Wertuk on Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Removing flash hider   Removing flash hider Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 8:44 pm

Wertuk wrote:
So I got this, and want to put on a blackside barrel extension. Does the flash hider even come off on this gun, as I have tried, EVERYTHING!

Just FYI you put a link to the barrel extension up not any guns... but yes, I just got that too and its extremely easy to install.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Removing flash hider   Removing flash hider Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 10:08 pm

You linked us to ze barrel extenstion, comrade. Vat gun did you get?
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Removing flash hider   Removing flash hider Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 10:50 pm

Woops, sorry. Fixed in OP
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Removing flash hider   Removing flash hider Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 11:00 pm

Ooh, nice. Check for a teeny tiny screw around the base of the flash hider. Remove it. Then put a screwdriver through the slots in the flashhider and twist to the right
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Removing flash hider   Removing flash hider Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 11:05 pm

I took the screw out already, and have tried twisting to the right with a screwdriver already. It still isn't coming off, even after being hairdried. I want to try it in hot water, but I am afraid that it may distort the metal.
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Removing flash hider   Removing flash hider Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 11:22 pm

Wertuk wrote:
I took the screw out already, and have tried twisting to the right with a screwdriver already. It still isn't coming off, even after being hairdried. I want to try it in hot water, but I am afraid that it may distort the metal.

I did that exact thing 30 minutes ago, twist it too the left with the wrench that it comes with, its really hard at first and scratches up the metal but don't be afraid to keep pulling. If u want to keep that part of the gun then I donno what u should do. G&G doesn't glue their orange tips on, u need to just twist to the left.
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Removing flash hider   Removing flash hider Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 11:25 pm

david wrote:
Wertuk wrote:

I did that exact thing 30 minutes ago, twist it too the left with the wrench that it comes with, its really hard at first and scratches up the metal but don't be afraid to keep pulling. If u want to keep that part of the gun then I donno what u should do. G&G doesn't glue their orange tips on, u need to just twist to the left.
What are you using as leverage and how are you holding what you are not twisting?? I separated the barrel assembly from the body just to be safe, and took the inner barrel out.
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Removing flash hider   Removing flash hider Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 11:30 pm

Wertuk wrote:
david wrote:
Wertuk wrote:

What are you using as leverage and how are you holding what you are not twisting?? I separated the barrel assembly from the body just to be safe, and took the inner barrel out.

I just held onto the gun with my legs and used my hand to yank on the wrench.
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Removing flash hider   Removing flash hider Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 11:31 pm

david wrote:
Wertuk wrote:
david wrote:
Wertuk wrote:

I just held onto the gun with my legs and used my hand to yank on the wrench.
By wrench you mean the silver metal tool that came with it?
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Removing flash hider   Removing flash hider Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 11:32 pm

Yes, on one side it'll say, lock with an arrow, or unlock with an arrow... or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Removing flash hider   Removing flash hider Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 11:35 pm

david wrote:
Yes, on one side it'll say, lock with an arrow, or unlock with an arrow... or something like that.
Its way too wide to fit through the slots, or am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Removing flash hider   Removing flash hider Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 11:36 pm

Wertuk wrote:
david wrote:
Its way too wide to fit through the slots, or am I missing something?

Use the other side, there are 2 sides right?
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Removing flash hider   Removing flash hider Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 11:40 pm

Both have tools on them.
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Removing flash hider   Removing flash hider Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 11:40 pm

Wertuk wrote:
Both have tools on them.

Weird, anyways use the one that fits and twist.
Back to top Go down
Sanguinary Angel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sanguinary Angel

PostSubject: Re: Removing flash hider   Removing flash hider Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:16 am

Better yet how do i get the flash hider off a KWA M4? lol
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Removing flash hider   Removing flash hider Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:21 am

Sanguinary Angel wrote:
Better yet how do i get the flash hider off a KWA M4? lol

Use a blow dryer or modeling heat gun to melt the glue. Remove the small hex screw or pin near the base if it has one. Use large caliber pliers and twist with an even, fluent motion. Should come right off. Not all flash hiders are glued...not all flash hiders have pins/screws...so be sure to look before doing stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Awesome_egg12
Private
Private
Awesome_egg12

PostSubject: Re: Removing flash hider   Removing flash hider Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:03 am

I had this same problem. there was ALOT of glue holding my flash hider on. After alot of heating it came off...in two peices. If you want to preserve the flash hider i don't know what to tell you. But once you get it off the treads are probably gonna have a lot of the plastic crap in them. Just get a rag with some rubbing alchohol and clean the threads. It works great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removing flash hider   Removing flash hider Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removing flash hider
Page 1 of 1