Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Plastic Tappet Plate?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Plastic Tappet Plate? Empty
PostSubject: Plastic Tappet Plate?   Plastic Tappet Plate? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:19 pm

Are Tappet Plates supposed to be plastic? I'm holding one now, and it's the thinnest,flimsiest white plastic I've ever seen.

I took this out of an old AK-47 (That's right, I took down a V3 GB all by myself Cool ) That was made by Aftermath or something, that I tore apart years ago...
Other than that, while we're here, heres some other Odd things I gound inside....

~ The wires are SOLDERED to the motor, so many upgrades and various other Tasks will be very difficult/ Impossible to complete.
~ Spring guide is a Clear plastic ( Norman or Not? scratch ) that also feels cheap. (But not as bad as the Tappet Plate)
~ I'm almost positive the Bevel Gear had no Bushing....
~ The Wiring is impossible to take out due to the Wires being soldered to the Motor.
~ "Switch Plate" is also the same very very cheap Plastic that the Tappet Plate is made out of.
~ Not sure what it's called, but the boxy looking thing the wires are attached to in the Mechbox is some wierd Tan plasticy material that I've NEVER seen. Scrathes, and looks like it will also break, very easily.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Tappet Plate?   Plastic Tappet Plate? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:40 pm

The joys of a All China Made airsoft gun...

You should be fine on the tappet plate, but if you run any high speed upgrades I would recommend replacing it. Soldering the wire to the motor is OKAY because it reduces resistance, BUT if you ever need to change the motor or wiring, just get the solder hot and you should be able to remove the wiring and the solder because it will stick to the soldering needle. As for the shim job, not every gear needs shims, those were produced in a factory and not grab out of a random box from CA or E1. I mean they should be sized properly to fit the gearbox its made for. With exceptions such as the thickness of the gearbox metal and other contributing factors to why it would need shims. As always, I recommend bushings and re shimming it ANYWAYS.

The PLASTIC thing you see is the switch harness, if it looks too flimsy and shoddy then simply replace it.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Tappet Plate?   Plastic Tappet Plate? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:53 am

Ha LW thanks for the response and all the info, It will help me Alot down the road, but I am NOT trying to upgrade/fix this gun. I took it apart simply to learn, and familiarize myself with the Guts of my AS Replicas.

And I succesfully got it back together, and it works! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Tappet Plate?   Plastic Tappet Plate? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 7:14 pm

that-a boy...
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Tappet Plate?   Plastic Tappet Plate? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plastic Tappet Plate?
Page 1 of 1