Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Fixing an MP5 stock

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

Fixing an MP5 stock Empty
PostSubject: Fixing an MP5 stock   Fixing an MP5 stock Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:59 am

A friend of mine recently bought an MP5 online and sawed off the orange tip before inspecting the weapon for shipping damage, thus voiding any and all warranty. He found a problem with the stock: It's collapsible... when you don't want it to be. Instead of holding at a specific notch, the stock just slides whenever there's pressure on it, regardless of whether the adjustment lever is pulled.

I took a look at it, disassembled the stock assembly, and found the problem. A round piece attached to the inside of the adjustment lever that (at one point) had two nubs that slide into notches in the stock's arms when the lever is released, and out of the notches when the lever is pulled. On an otherwise all-metal MP5, this piece which should be able to hold more than the gun's weight was plastic, and the metal arms of the stock had apparently snapped the nubs off of the piece, rendering it useless.

I haven't yet found much in the way of replacement parts, and I don't want to advise my friend to spend another $80 on a stock with most of the same parts he already has. This isn't an $80 fix, it's just a little piece. Does anyone know where I could find an individual replacement part such as this?
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Fixing an MP5 stock   Fixing an MP5 stock Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:05 am

try a boneyard gun...you get spare parts too....
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Fixing an MP5 stock   Fixing an MP5 stock Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:39 pm

That reminds me, Jackofalltrades just got a boneyard gun to replace some damaged internals in his Skorpion. I guess this would be a much simpler fix, since there are only 2 moving parts in the stock assembly. I'll see if I can't find something for him. Thanks for the help (though I'm kind of embarrassed I hadn't thought of that already). Embarassed
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Fixing an MP5 stock   Fixing an MP5 stock Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:29 pm

no problem....don't be embarrassed.....ive done much stupider stuff... like put my BAR10 back together without the hop up and barrel in...
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Fixing an MP5 stock   Fixing an MP5 stock Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:33 pm

or I can ship the entire load of small pieces of an mp5 for you free
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

PostSubject: Re: Fixing an MP5 stock   Fixing an MP5 stock Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:07 pm

my mp5 did that . well it just blew uop one day but if theres one around take it to a local gun tech and he will fix it but its easier to just get a boneyard item like mgunner sugested
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Fixing an MP5 stock   Fixing an MP5 stock Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:50 pm

What's the story behind the pieces of your mp5?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fixing an MP5 stock   Fixing an MP5 stock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fixing an MP5 stock
Page 1 of 1