Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Upgrades

Go down 
+3
Roamer
Ragnarock
Torch34
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Torch34
Private
Private
Torch34

Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Upgrades   Upgrades Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 6:45 pm

scratch OK so i know a little about airsoft but....
ive been hearing people talk about upgrades for their guns and frankly i have the courage to muster up this question.
What exactly is an upgrade and how do you put it on your gun?
is it like a mount- on accessory or what?
lol don't flame me too much

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrades   Upgrades Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:26 pm

don't worry, there's no hating here. an upgrade can be external or internal. external upgrades are rails, scopes, bipods, and anything else that would go outside your gun. internal upgrades are things such as new springs, gears, barrels, and other things of that sort.
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrades   Upgrades Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 10:39 pm

way to go Ragnarock. I can't answer better than that he did. I must say that we discourage people making fun of others especially for questions. If we see it we will delete it if not more. Feel free to ask what you want.

My current avatar pictures two internal upgrades from recent projects of a friend and mine... these are motors for AEGs. One is called a magnum motor and is for torque (FPS) while the other is called a turbo motor and is strictly for rate of fire (ROF). Both are from a company called Systema. Stick around in airsoft for awhile and you will hear a lot about this company I am sure.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrades   Upgrades Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 12:59 am

If not more are you going to throw them in jail or something?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Admin
Admin
Admin

Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrades   Upgrades Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 12:32 pm

Torch34 wrote:
ive been hearing people talk about upgrades for their guns and frankly i have the courage to muster up this question.
is it like a mount- on accesory or what?

Twisted Evil

Everyone's already answered your question, but I thought I'd add on a little. Like they said, when people mention adding upgrades to their guns, it can mean a number of things. If they're talking external upgrades, this simply includes anything they made add on to the outside of the gun (bipods, scopes, rails, etc.). Internal upgrades include new springs, motors, barrels, etc. Upgrades can cost from a few dollars to a couple hundred dollars, depending on what part it is and who's making it. For example, Systema, as mentioned by Roamer, makes high-end parts that can cost more than the typical manufacturer who makes the same part. BUT, Systema will typically make better parts than many other manufacturers.

External upgrades are typically easy to add on. But if you consider upgrading your internals at some point, do so with caution. Make sure you research the part you're wanting to install into your gun, and make sure it's compatible with your exact replica. On top of that, if you're upgrading anything inside your gearbox do so with extreme caution. There are two main reasons for this:
1 - If you plan on doing any upgrades to your gearbox by yourself, there's a chance you might take it apart and have difficulty putting it back the way it was before. For some help with this check out www.mechbox.com. This is why if you're unfamiliar with the insides of an airsoft rifle you may want to have an experienced airsoft smith help you out - someone who's been inside your type of gearbox and knows what to do.
2 - Putting in some upgrades may reduce the life of your gearbox if you're not careful. For example, if you're wanting to upgrade your FPS by simply throwing in a stronger spring. You may be alright in doing so, but there's also a good chance if you're using a stock gearbox (no internal upgrades already installed) that's not heavily reinforced your gearbox's lifespan may drop dramatically. You could within just a few games strip gears or cause even more severe damage to your internals. That's why you always want to be careful with internal upgrades, and ask around for advice.
*On a side note, an easy internal upgrade to do yourself is adding a tightbore (aka precision) barrel. They're typically around $35-45 and add accuracy/some FPS to your gun. Just a thought Smile

Okay, my speech is over Smile Just so you know, you won't get "flamed" here. No need to feel stupid for not knowing something - that's why you're here in the first place, right? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrades   Upgrades Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:04 pm

Upgrades can vary from gun to gun and usually are only available for name brand guns .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Beer.N.Gin
Private
Private
Beer.N.Gin

Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrades   Upgrades Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 8:48 pm

Torch34 wrote:
is it like a mount- on accessory or what?

Twisted Evil

Upgrading an AEG is a science itself. You have to match and balance the internal upgrades. The external parts are just for show, so don't worry about it. Also, upgrading doesn't come cheap. You will have spend a good deal of money for a good upgrade. See websites that we recommend here in the forum. Each website would have an internal and external page on them. So, think about what you want to upgrade, say, FPS, ROF or accuracy. Then let us know here at the forum. Everyone here will give you good advice. And its for free. cheers
Back to top Go down
Beer.N.Gin
Private
Private
Beer.N.Gin

Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrades   Upgrades Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 8:55 pm

By the way, here's a list of websites. I've tested most of the websites. I haven't tried the HongKong based ones, but they are very good.

TACTICAL GEAR:
www.lapolicegear.com
www.diamondbacktactical.com
www.atstacticalgear.com
www.opsgear.com
www.patriotoutfitters.com
www.omahas.com

AEG/GBB & ACCESSORIES:
www.airsoftgi.com
www.airsoftextreme.com
www.ebaybanned.com
www.wgcshop.com (HongKong Based)
www.dentrinity.com (HongKong Based)
www.redwolfairsoft.com (HongKong Based)
www.GunsNGuys.com (HongKong Based)
www.trinityairsoft.com
www.airsoftatlanta.com
www.speedytoys.com
www.precisionairsoft.net
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrades   Upgrades Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:01 pm

redwolfairsoft.com is a personal favorite of mine, but I don't know much about their customer service...
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrades   Upgrades Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 3:09 pm

Beer.N.Gin wrote:
By the way, here's a list of websites. I've tested most of the websites. I haven't tried the HongKong based ones, but they are very good.

TACTICAL GEAR:
www.lapolicegear.com
www.diamondbacktactical.com
www.atstacticalgear.com
www.opsgear.com
www.patriotoutfitters.com
www.omahas.com

AEG/GBB & ACCESSORIES:
www.airsoftgi.com
www.airsoftextreme.com
www.ebaybanned.com
www.wgcshop.com (HongKong Based)
www.dentrinity.com (HongKong Based)
www.redwolfairsoft.com (HongKong Based)
www.GunsNGuys.com (HongKong Based)
www.trinityairsoft.com
www.airsoftatlanta.com
www.speedytoys.com www.precisionairsoft.net

1, speedy toys sucks...
2, Airsoftatlanta.com, Airsplat.com, evike.com.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Sponsored content

Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgrades   Upgrades Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upgrades
Page 1 of 1