Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Marker bb's. The end of the cheater???

Go down 
+5
M14 double-taps
NoNeed2Hate
gapairsoft
TheOneNamedMike
Spl. Durkee
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Marker bb's. The end of the cheater??? Empty
PostSubject: Marker bb's. The end of the cheater???   Marker bb's. The end of the cheater??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:12 am

Verdict Marker BBs (2009-09-02)

Cheating is a common problem on the airsoft field, with some hits even being ricochets sometimes it's tempting to shrug off a hit and keep going. Several years ago there was a brand of BB paintballs that attempted to solve the problem through marking the enemy but this wasn't received well as the BBs were of low quality and thus were inaccurate. Plus they had a tendency to break inside the barrel of hop-enabled guns and the paint would destroy the hop-up internals.

Now however there is a new attempt at making marker BBs They claim to be much higher precision and not cause any permanent damage to your hop-up. In this Bite the Bullet article we will have a first look at these marker BBs.

On the bottle (appropriately named Verdict marker BBs) it says these are solid core BBs with a highly pigmented dry lubricant coating, high precision, seamless BBs, water-soluble marking, temperature and moisture resistant. And doesn't leave residue on your hands.

But the more important question is: Will this have an impact on the performance of your gun and will it leave residue on the inside of your barrel and hop-up unit.

As a preliminary test I was given 300 rounds of these marker BBs and will conduct a simple experiment. Fire them all through an AEG, and then swipe the barrel with a cloth on a cleaning rod. Should there be any contamination the residue should show up on the cleaning cloth.

With the hop-up turned to maximum and the verdict BBs loaded, I unleashed a plastic storm of BBs unto an unsuspecting box. After firing of all 300 rounds of the Verdict marker BBs I took a cleaning rod and swabbed the barrel thoroughly. Then, under a macro lens, took a picture of the swab to see if there was any residue of Verdict's dry-lubricant coating. and indeed there was, however it was very minimal and hardly any compared to the other dirt that the swab picked up and poses absolutely no risk to the gun internals.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/BulletDetail?bulletID=81
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Marker bb's. The end of the cheater???   Marker bb's. The end of the cheater??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:40 am

Christ, i thought u actually did this, but then I realized you copied the story :p.
Don't think they allow that at SC.
I know for sure the OUTLAWZ will be PEAVED to find paint marks all over their molle, radio equipment, and if were lucky, through their barrels :p.
Back to top Go down
gapairsoft
Sergeant
Sergeant
gapairsoft

PostSubject: Re: Marker bb's. The end of the cheater???   Marker bb's. The end of the cheater??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:35 am

well i hope that never happens
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Marker bb's. The end of the cheater???   Marker bb's. The end of the cheater??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:00 pm

people should just learn to play right and not be immature. that would solve everything
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Marker bb's. The end of the cheater???   Marker bb's. The end of the cheater??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:59 pm

NoNeed2Hate wrote:
people should just learn to play right and not be immature. that would solve everything

But unfortunately the chances of the are Slim-to-Nil.
I'm willing to give these a CHANCE, (That's not to say they're getting anywhere near my KWA) and if they're really good, would be willing to attempt to make them required at my local field.
Anybody know if they're Biodegradeable?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Marker bb's. The end of the cheater???   Marker bb's. The end of the cheater??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 pm

M14 double-taps wrote:
NoNeed2Hate wrote:

But unfortunately the chances of the are Slim-to-Nil.
I'm willing to give these a CHANCE, (That's not to say they're getting anywhere near my KWA) and if they're really good, would be willing to attempt to make them required at my local field.
Anybody know if they're Biodegradeable?

Amen to that.

I don't actually know much about their make-up yet, but I'm going to contact Carp from CQB Radio and see if he can maybe give us some insight. It says water-based "paint", but I don't know about the rest of the bb.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Marker bb's. The end of the cheater???   Marker bb's. The end of the cheater??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 4:53 pm

I like the idea. However, it'd be difficult to make these catch on at fields. It'd be easy to get these for you and a couple of buddies to play with. However, you and your buddies probably don't cheat anyway, so they're unnecessary in that situation. To get these to be used at an airsoft field and/or airsoft event, you'd have to convince the field owners to require ALL users to use them and convince all the players to purchase them. Not an easy task to say the least.

There will always be cheaters in any competitive hobby like airsoft. I played paintball for years and would still catch guys who'd wipe off their paint marks, turn their camo inside out, or wear layers of clothing that they could shed after being shot. So people will always find ways to cheat. The good news is that most people are still honest when playing airsoft and the more the mature players set good examples, the more honest other players will be as well. I'm not sure I've played in an event where I didn't have some problem with a cheater, but I do my best to simply shrug it off and not let it ruin my day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Marker bb's. The end of the cheater???   Marker bb's. The end of the cheater??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 5:35 pm

Well said Admin. Thanks for that. The idea was just kinda weird, which is why I posted it. I highly doubt it will take off...or that its needed.
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Marker bb's. The end of the cheater???   Marker bb's. The end of the cheater??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:11 pm

Its gonna have the same problems as "paintball bbs" and most players don't want paint in thier gear.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Marker bb's. The end of the cheater???   Marker bb's. The end of the cheater??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 7:00 pm

not to mention it is expensive and very easy to wipe off with a damp/sweaty deadrag Razz

Usually if no one calls their hit, they are insulting me and the gun, so I keep shooting until they finally cannot take it and call the hit.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: Marker bb's. The end of the cheater???   Marker bb's. The end of the cheater??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 7:46 pm

Thats why there isn't much cheating at our field. you call your hit to avoid being hit 10 more times within the next second.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Marker bb's. The end of the cheater???   Marker bb's. The end of the cheater??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:42 pm

So I talked to Carp from CQB Radio about the subject a bit and heres the conversation...

From me to Carp:
Redwolf Airsoft just posted an article about a new product that "will end the airsoft cheater".
Do you have any insight or experience with these? It's become a hot topic on alot of the forums Ive been visiting.
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/BulletDetail?bulletID=81

HIS RESPONSE

Honestly, I think they'll go out of style soon.

People like airsoft because of the honor system. People like airsoft because they like their gear and they don't want marking all over it. People often say, "If I wanted to play paintball, I'd play paintball." That's certainly on over-statement, but you get the idea.
And as I was thinking of it, I wonder how much people really need to get marked - I know people don't call their hits sometimes, but I know for me, it's not a huge enough issue to want to change the BBs I use.

Those are a few thoughts. I haven't used them and don't really plan on it.
Tim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marker bb's. The end of the cheater???   Marker bb's. The end of the cheater??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marker bb's. The end of the cheater???
Page 1 of 1