Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Thoughts on marker BB's

Go down 
+7
lonesniper24
aveenvp
elementfrvr
Satan
iliveforthis99
TheOneNamedMike
Spl. Durkee
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Thoughts on marker BB's Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:58 am

I believe I made a thread about marker bb's a while back, but my concerns about them have been somewhat relieved since ASGI started stocking them today.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6101
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:59 am

Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:58 am

Wait.
Are they high polished?
and are they paintball bb's?
if they esplode in your barrel, arn't you screwed?
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:13 am

If they really are paint based i still wouldn't trust them. Coming from a paintball background i just don't see these working very well if they are mini paintballs. Plus if this Game Face company is the same one i'm thinking of they make mostly cheap, low quality, and generally just plain bad products.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:15 am

What is the same game face company your thinking of?
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:28 am

It\'s a paintball brand company. I just did some checking up on them both and they are indeed the same company. Their stuff in paintball isn\'t known for niceness, in fact they mostly sell only paint now and even that is made by a different company.

Last edited by iliveforthis99 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:46 am

Great to know man!
Theres something i'm not buying...
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:49 am

I did some checking and found out they aren't paintballs but some kind of chalk coated BB, very different to what i thought but i still have my doubts about them. I'd be worried about the chalk stuff coming off inside my mags and barrel and gunking everything up. Not really a good thing to have happen to a tightbore or other precision barrels.
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:29 am

yeah I happen to have tightbores in my guns...
What i'm more worried about then that is how to get chalk off my molle gear...
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:10 pm

They say water soluble so a damp rag or something should get rid of it. But i'm sure it wouldn't be to hard to "wipe" the hit off either with a wet finger.
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:42 pm

True.
But IMHO, these marker BB"S could be completely pointless if used in a paintball/airsoft parkMy molle gear is covered in paint all over the back because of paintballers, really how would refferees find a small tiny little dot in all this paint, even in paintless molle gear. These marks are small, and depends if where, you may be able to hide this mark....

And how fast does the bb have to be able to travel to break?
From 100feet distance, if one was to shoot a man from 100 feet away, lets just say the bb's are slow enough for OPFOR to litterlly run from the bbs...
meaning the bb's travel SLOW FPS.
These could be very pointless if we actually had to let the bb travel at a speed of 300 feet or so.
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:41 pm

AS is a game of integrity we don't need this kind of crap. PB players right out tell me when i used to play AS i just cheated all the time. So they moved to PB u don't need marking bbs if our community stays as it is.
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:03 pm

First here's a review

Second Game Face is crosman's new so called professional series, Most of their guns are CA sportline rebrands usually with oem clear bodies.
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:08 pm

I saw these at Bass Pro Shops, so they can't be all that great.
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:51 pm

Exactly the results i was expecting before reading that review. I'm interested in knowing now how easy the chalk mark is to wipe off. People sadly wipe paint hits off all the time in paintball. So depending on how easy these are to wipe these don't really solve anything with cheaters.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:11 pm

I don't see the point of this thread everybody is just hating on them, and its obviouse nobody but begging players are going to buy these "Watch your language" up there gun and quit AS forever. So most likley its a way to shun AS again even though there is enough bullshit we go threw. thats what I'm thinking
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 pm

Yeah, One, they just seem a little pointless, your going to ruin your gun just so you can call out that one guy that always pisses you off? And Two, some people might not want you lighting them up and looking like a 'Snow Flake' as they discribed it on the review.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:26 pm

It's a "your thoughts" thread. It's okay to say your thoughts.

Back to topic:
These things look....well...not worth it. Also risky. Don't want to break our babies now, do we? The review says it all Razz
Plus if someone STILL doesn't call hits you can always unload 30 rounds or so into them until they say something.

Just stick to nice little high grade .2g, .23g, etc., those are fine..

Satan wrote:
AS is a game of integrity we don't need this kind of crap.
Very true!
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:29 am

okay yeah now think about this, a sniper only has a bolt actoin rifle, its kinda hard to unload 30 rounds, long even two without getting spotted (that depeneds were you are too) so what do we do be dicks and find bear skin, or call in the squad??

also you could clean ur mags and barrels after, im sure most of you clean it after ever game or after a few games.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:39 am

In that scenario, you most likely wouldn't be using chalk BBs. If you are...shame on you, you should be using .23g BBs or higher Razz

If you're a sniper and the OPFOR doesn't call hits after 2 or more obvious and no-doubt-about hits, you may as well get one of the SAW guys (or at least one with a high-ROF rifle) and tell him to get the little bastard, then move on to another target.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:00 am

I figuered it out, put ur gun down and get right behind him with our getting noticed, pull out a pistol or side knife and stand up quitly, then yell at him, (more fun with knife if hes got a sence of humor) make him "Watch your language" his pants and he will never lie again. haha

either way we all know these really wont be around that long.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:18 am

Avoid any kind of `` Marking BB ´´ like it has sack rats !!!

It dosn´t matter if they are paint filled or powder coated, they are nothing but trouble for the AS Player.

1, a BB pops in the mag ( Remember our mags are Spring activated ), they gum up the works and can lead to a complete mag replacement.

2, Powder coated, Chalk, does the same thing and are more prone to splitting and splintering in the Mag.

3, Busted Paind or Split chalk will result in damage to your inner barrel, jusr cleaning out the paint will remove the Teflon coatin in most TB inner Barrels, Chalk BB´s are abrasive and scratch the inside of your barrel, affecting your accuracy.

4, If you decide to use them, Make Darn Sure !!! everybody knows that you are using them, not to many players are going to be happy with having their gear covered in Gel Paint, or Chalk , this may save you some added aggravation.

Intergrity and Hohnesty are 2 of the foundation stones of AS, Players that keep that in mind, have no need for the junk to prove they hit their target, and the targets feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:05 pm

I agree with Slob (and the rest of you), these marker BBs are unfortunately no good. To be honest, I can't believe a company would release such a product. I hate to speak poorly of a product I haven't used, but the evidence is there. The BBs leave a residue inside your mags and gun, and honestly aren't that effective anyway. Besides, even if I did use them, I would never go to another player in the middle of an event, take them to a referee, and search their body for tiny chalk marks - I reckon that'd make me look a bit crazy. I'd also never do the same outside of events when I'm playing with friends...

Just make the cheaters confess their "outs" the old-fashioned way - shoot them over, and over, and over, and over again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on marker BB's   Thoughts on marker BB's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on marker BB's
Page 1 of 1