Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Spring airsoft cannon

Go down 
+5
JARHEAD
Satan
Lone Wolf
Insane Mercc
alexkmmll
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 11:40 pm

Satan in on it too but yeah, your ight it is taking up space.
LOCK REQUESTED
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 11:41 pm

well i would like other people to post on it. i would like to post some pics but my camra is out of battery so until then you'll have to just picture it in ur head
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:45 pm

OH Don't use the Lord's name in vain. at this point i'd die if i had only there to play. Honestly alex before i start let me warn you im blunt so through what im about to day im sure you can pic out what matters study .

You are not playing airsoft my friend you are plinking. In my mind there are 4 main types of non leathal sports. Paintball, Real Airsoft, Airsoft, and Plinking.

Real Airsoft: sqaud on sqaud action gear uniforms training sponsors order organized games.

Airsoft: Guys with airsoft guns saftey gear and at the least organized larger teams 3-5 vs same number using E1s JGs and the introduction of "snipers" which is just a guy with a UTG who "snipes" from 50 ft. away.

Plinking: Lowest of the low the thing that destroys are sport the most at the MOST organized small teams 2-4 vs same number in a backyard the CRAZY SUPER COOL AMAZING BEST YOUVE EVER HEARD OF guns are E1s and JGs often times no saftey gear .12 gram bbs and plinkers i.e. walmart buys. Best cover 1-2 trees and maybe a bush or 2.

You my friend are from what i can fathom a plinker and all the same its a "Watch your language" good thing you found this site. We want to turn you at best an airsofter at least suit you guys up with complete saftey gear guns and a proper place to play. Find out the laws in you state number 1 because airsoft may be illeagle in your state or area for example. New Britian township (where i live) firearms are illeagle however archery as well as "recreational" (pellet rifles pellet pistols paintball airsoft) are allowed.

So this can be a side project alex but im asking you start a new topic asking about what you want to know first to become an airsofter at least.

And request for this to stay open please.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:32 pm

ok so i get what your saying, and yes its true this is not playing airsoft. ive tried to get better guns and bought a pretty powerful rifle but has crapped out on me and the hop up ring has busted and the spring has lost power. i would like to get into "real airsofting" as you put it but theres two problems, One im twelve, meaning i can't really play anywhere and Two, because of my age, its not legal for me to have a sceduled, paying job. So yes i did start a new topic about that but im still not sure what to do. do you think you could help in any way?
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:25 pm

Absolutley in my area we all started as plinkers and yet now im the leader of a 7 man team the first ever in the area you can definity turn your game around.
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:40 pm

I'd like to reinforce the point that Airsofting with normal equipment is way more fun than plinking with awesome cannons and bunkers.

On the original topic, if you're going to use a ram-rod to compress the spring, be mindful of how much force you'll need to put on it. I can imagine someone pushing this cannon across the yard rather than easily compressing the spring, so make sure the spring isn't too hefty, or you'll need to anchor the cannon to the ground and use mass brute force to push that spring back.

But if you're going to use a ram-rod to push the spring back, then why not just make it a muzzle-loader? It would be a hellofalot simpler, and you could use the same ram-rod to push the shell into the barrel after you've pushed the spring back.

For the trigger mechanism, I agree that a single point will bend the spring, unless you have contact with pipe outside and inside the coils, which would create unnecessary friction that would lower the efficiency of the cannon.

I would cut two identical rectangular holes in the pipe opposite each other, so it's like a rectangular window you can see directly through the pipe when looking at it perpendicularly. Then find or make two cams and spring-load them. The springs don't need to be all that strong, just enough to pull the cams into place once the spring is past them. Then, just rig up a cord between the cams, where you could just pull the cord, it would overcome the lightweight cam springs, and release the main spring, which would fire your shell.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:17 pm

Well i wanted to make it only one side to make room for the breech on the other. i think it might work if the rod goes all the way through the peice in front. i was thinking that the peice in front of the spring would extend about 3-4 inches back so it wont be able to twist in the barrel. The one thing about making it a muzzle loader is that it would leave you exposed when reloading it, so it would be better to make sure you don't get hit trying to reload the gun. Its a good idea and would definately make it more simple but it wouldnt be very practical in battle.
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:26 pm

Sorry bro, but a cannon isn't practical to start with. Sounds like a fun project, but realistically I don't think it'll serve you very well in skirmishes.

And like I said, you're already going up front to use the ramrod to push the spring back, so what difference does it make if you also load the shell while you're there?

The point about the trigger mechanism is that when you start to pull the pin or cam, or whatever you end up going with, out of the way the side of the spring that isn't still being held by it will start to decompress before the end that is still being held, so unless you release both sides at the same time, there's a potential for jamming.

With a large cylindrical piece on the front end of the spring (which is what I think you're suggesting) you'll have more friction inside the barrel, which will decrease efficiency, but if done correctly, could solve your asymmetrical trigger mechanism problem by distributing the force from all sides of the spring to one side of the solid cylindrical piece.

If your heart is set on a breach, just cut directly into the barrel and cut out a section of half of the pipe that is long enough to accommodate your shell. Use super glue to put a hinge and a knob on the outside, so the breach cover can open sideways.

If you make it breach-loaded, it would be really cool if you could find a way to pull the spring back without needing to go in front of the cannon to push it with a ram-rod.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:50 pm

well you don't use a ram rod, its just a rod that you poke into the side of that front end of the spring thing and you cock it back from back on the other side of the breech. that way you don't go to the front to bring the spring back
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:53 pm

alexkmmll wrote:
well you don't use a ram rod, its just a rod that you poke into the side of that front end of the spring thing and you cock it back from back on the other side of the breech. that way you don't go to the front to bring the spring back

The ammount of stored energy in the spring would make such designs extremely dangerous. As others have said, if you're looking to make any form of simulated artillery...your best shot is with compressed air, gas, and other pneumatic devices.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:00 pm

How would it be dangerous?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:08 pm

Well for starters your working with a solid. Not something that can be released in different forms.

A spring will only release one way...by firing. Compressed air or CO2 you can install emergency release valves in the event the pressure builds over the "comfort zone" which is rare. But if it were to become dangerous. you could easily defuse the situation.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:10 pm

same with the spring. take out the rod and unscrew the bottom cap, it will release the spring back into the ground
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:11 pm

anyways its cheaper and easier to work with
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:14 pm

No again. the spring only works in certain directions. If you unscrew the back...by default it will fly out.

I have worked with gearboxes that had compressed springs in them. Once you release whatever is holding the mainspring...it will shoot out if you don't control it. In this case a much larger spring would be much harder to control.

I don't even recommend building any artillery until you can find a good place to actually play.
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:16 pm

exactly, im considering a similiar model in my head but not sure about it , just a simple thought, im working out all the kinks in safety flaws.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:25 am

i was thinking about making a safety device in it so you couldnt release the spring while the breech was open, but i don't know how it would work.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 7:19 pm

Hey, get your dad involved.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:50 pm

I tried, but he seems to not really help and instead just chooses to listen. Maybe i should try to talk to him when he's more Sober... lol
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:45 am

Cheap $50 crossman electric, load em up, put em all in a tube, stick the triggers out, unleash a volley of .12's
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:49 am

lol at Creed769

Or you can make a vortex block and create a airsoft "flame thrower" that fires at the insane RoF of 115 + RPS.

Your call...the Vortex block flame thrower has no moving parts, cheap to build and easy to make if you have good knowledge of pneumatics...in this case your dad.
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:18 am

crossman!! 2 of them would work, seriously, your not looking for fps ur looking for a "rocket'
So get 2, load the hopper (450) with .12's and fire both triggers, it will work, there will be a lot of bbs, ive done it
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:23 am

IDK how to really help "Watch your language" by a cheap nade launcher cut pvc to go around it and a way to get bbs in it evertime you fire just make a really big nade launcher/shotgun i mean you don't got the money to make anything alabrit so make it simple thats all i got but get a better place to play
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring airsoft cannon   Spring airsoft cannon - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spring airsoft cannon
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2