Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Secondary weapon...

Go down 
+4
RussianGrimReaper
Lone Wolf
Admin
March_ARB
8 posters
AuthorMessage
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

Secondary weapon... Empty
PostSubject: Secondary weapon...   Secondary weapon... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:30 am

I use a WE 1911, now i have been considering getting an assault rifle. I carry a Well L-96 as my main, so idk if it would be trouble carring 2 rifles. With my 1911 its in my vest and ready to go, but yet... how would an AEG be. Im not requesting what gun i should get. Just asking for input from people who have AEG's as secondaries, and those who have pistols.

Can i have any input? cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/75thairsoftranger
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secondary weapon...   Secondary weapon... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:20 pm

That's a good question March_ARB. I guess first I'd like to welcome you to Airsoft Forum 2.0. We're glad to have you here. Now on to your question. This will really come down to personal preference and spending limit. I know I personally was never able to carry an AEG and my L96 at the same time. It was too much weight and I had to lug around extra magazines/BBs/etc. That's why I bought a WE 5.1 hi-capa. In my opinion, a sidearm is supposed to be a backup, meaning you use it in desperate situations (or when clearing out buildings and a sniper rifle obviously won't work). However, a friend of mine uses an upgraded JG bar-10 as well as a CQB M4 (can't remember the brand, beautiful gun though). He holds the bar-10 while carrying his M4 on a tactical sling. It seems to work out rather nicely for him. So again, it's all in personal preference. Remember this though:
- you'll have to carry that many extra mags for an AEG.
- you'll have to carry that many more extra BBs of a lesser weight.
- an AEG, unless you have a custom holster made for it, will require a standard sling for use, which will restrict your movement and give you one more thing to worry about.
- a pistol is lighter, more durable, more reliable and easier to pull out and use.
- an AEG means plenty more money in the initial purchase, extra mags, maintenance, and possible upgrades.

- but at the same time an AEG would give you more sustained cover when your rifle is out of commission.

If you're regularly following how a sniper "should" play, meaning you're not overly blood-thirsty Twisted Evil, then you shouldn't be needing to use a sidearm too often anyway. Just try to keep your opponents at a distance far enough from you that your pistol is not needed and your rifle can still reach them.

Just some things to consider!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Secondary weapon...   Secondary weapon... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:33 pm

my favorite SMG styles, P90, MP5K...

Now i heard and im not sure that CA may be starting a line of P90's. according to spartan imports.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

PostSubject: Re: Secondary weapon...   Secondary weapon... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:08 am

Thanks for your input! It was much appreciated. Now the questions is... what should i get with my spare 250 bucks. lol. Its not exactly enough for an aeg and i allready have a pistol. hmmm. Its gonna take some thinking
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secondary weapon...   Secondary weapon... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 11:57 am

March_ARB wrote:
Thanks for your input! It was much appreciated. Now the questions is... what should i get with my spare 250 bucks. lol. Its not exactly enough for an aeg and i allready have a pistol. hmmm. Its gonna take some thinking

First you'll want to Paypal me half of it.....

.... have you done that yet? Good.

Now you'll want to take the remaining and invest it into your gear Wink Just kidding (obviously). So you have $250 to spend towards airsoft. What type of gear do you have? I would put some $$ towards a nice pair of gloves, camo (quality set), a nice set of goggles, a goggle fan, extra magazines, a nice sling, comfortable pair of boots, mag-drop pouch, radio w/headset or throat-mic, sweat rags (aka handkerchiefs), high-quality BBs - the choices are unlimited lol. My point is, these things all make a difference when playing. That's why you probably want to find these areas you're lacking in and invest a little into them. I can name more if you need me to Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
RussianGrimReaper
Private
Private
RussianGrimReaper

PostSubject: Re: Secondary weapon...   Secondary weapon... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 1:07 am

Ya the Admin is right but if you go to www.pyramidair.com the have an MP5K that i was thinking about getting. Either that or get a Glock, it is a full auto pistiol that is a great gun. i took out an entire three man team by myself with one. All im saying is either full auto pistol or SMG.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Secondary weapon...   Secondary weapon... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 11:57 am

Admin wrote:
March_ARB wrote:

Now you'll want to take the remaining and invest it into your gear Wink Just kidding (obviously). So you have $250 to spend towards airsoft. What type of gear do you have? I would put some $$ towards a nice pair of gloves, camo (quality set), a nice set of goggles, a goggle fan, extra magazines, a nice sling, comfortable pair of boots, mag-drop pouch, radio w/headset or throat-mic, sweat rags (aka handkerchiefs), high-quality BBs - the choices are unlimited lol. My point is, these things all make a difference when playing. That's why you probably want to find these areas you're lacking in and invest a little into them. I can name more if you need me to Smile
1st bold, gloves are nice yes.
2nd bold, a sling isn't exactly the most stealthy thing in airsoft. a holster for your SMG would work way better.
3rd bold, Boots at wal mart, pretty cheap, pretty comfy.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Secondary weapon...   Secondary weapon... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 2:47 pm

try LA police gear for boots. if i didnt already have a pair i would definitely hit them up. if you don't run with a ghillie then i would check out E-Bay for some Digi camo. theres alot of people who have no need for their issued MARPAT or ACU's.. most of those people turn to Ebay to make a buck. i just saw a set that went off yesterday for $30. keep in mind these are ISSUED so you know they are never gonna fade, i think they are all rip-stop too.

airsoftsmith.com has some really good replica gloves and gear. all the Phantom/Pantac stuff is really nice for airsoft. try their flight gloves if you want something comfortable. if you want something with a tough build they have these replica Hatch gloves that i use when im doing yard work or even like heavy lifting(i had to lay some large brick squares down for the grill to sit on... i wouldent have hands if i didnt use my airsoft gloves Smile )

gloves: http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/index.php?cPath=31_71
i use the SOS pair for everything. the big flight gloves are REALLY comfortable.

gear: http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/index.php?cPath=31_77
i know its alot compared to like the UTG cross draws but they will hold up for alot longer(someone who i used to play with has had one for 4+years).

i would stick to the GBB. usually the SMG's are really bulky and restrict movement too much for me. if you have a standard holster try taping your mag to your gun with some electrical tape, other wise itl fall out.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Secondary weapon...   Secondary weapon... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 11:47 pm

Yea but i don't think many of us here play hard core. Im looking too. but if you did. alot of times the team itself would purchase the gear so it would match.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Secondary weapon...   Secondary weapon... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 12:02 am

well if you are not a "hard core" player and you just need something that will hold up in the backyard try http://cheaperthandirt.com/vests_bjhh.htm . a few of my friends have the $18 chest rig from the that seems to hold up pretty well. its not nearly as good as the pantac but it holds its own. [edit]seems that they don't sell the rig that i was talking about anymore[/edit]

sticks
Back to top Go down
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

PostSubject: Re: Secondary weapon...   Secondary weapon... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:36 pm

Admin wrote:
March_ARB wrote:

i usually were my ACU, but i have a BDU. ACU Tactical Vest. I have bates M_9 model boots, then i make my own ghillies. i allways keep alot extra when i have money so if something breaks or i need something.

I don't just airsoft i also do ROTC and im really into that. So i usually were combat boots and acu pants. The only thing i were different is i were my acu coat and my vest.

I have alot of other stuff because alot of people in my family are or were in the military. They also help me with combat tactics and stuff.
Back to top Go down
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

PostSubject: Re: Secondary weapon...   Secondary weapon... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:39 pm

I don't mind investing in getting real gear for the fact that if you get real military surplas it holds up way better. Me and my ROTC friends get in our combat uniforms and do PT's and such. So my gear isn't just for airsoft.
Back to top Go down
Black_Dragons
Corporal
Corporal
Black_Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Secondary weapon...   Secondary weapon... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 6:04 pm

i use a colt 1911 a1 its good but it guzzles gas quickly, but i want something better and more rate of fire also in addition something that wont mess with me when it gets cold so.

anyone know of a good AEG or small AEG pistol that is decent enough to look good with a A&K SVD and been cheap (also available in england lol)

Secondary weapon... Dsc00512
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Secondary weapon...   Secondary weapon... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Black_Dragons wrote:
i use a colt 1911 a1 its good but it guzzles gas quickly, but i want something better and more rate of fire also in addition something that wont mess with me when it gets cold so.

anyone know of a good AEG or small AEG pistol that is decent enough to look good with a A&K SVD and been cheap (also available in england lol)

Secondary weapon... Dsc00512

Can you please create a new thread to ask this question? You'll get more responses that way.
Back to top Go down
Black_Dragons
Corporal
Corporal
Black_Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Secondary weapon...   Secondary weapon... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 6:24 pm

sorry lol will do it now
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Secondary weapon...   Secondary weapon... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:37 am

NECR0!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secondary weapon...   Secondary weapon... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Secondary weapon...
Page 1 of 1