Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

thinking about painting my gun, help?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Spayd
Private
Private

thinking about painting my gun, help? Empty
PostSubject: thinking about painting my gun, help?   thinking about painting my gun, help? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:21 am

so lets say i decide to paint my gun, give it a nice camo pattern. what kind of paint should i use? what would be the best kind of paint that will last for the longest time on a plastic body without flaking and stuff like that?
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: thinking about painting my gun, help?   thinking about painting my gun, help? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:42 am

we have a tutorial up on the fourm from myself due to a contest that never was quite completed! http://www.airsoftallies.com/the-lounge-f42/painting-challlaannnggggeeeeeeeeeee-t3051.htm?highlight=painting scroll down and you'll find mine...

also are a few other how too by killbucket

any other questions just ask
Back to top Go down
Spayd
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: thinking about painting my gun, help?   thinking about painting my gun, help? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:59 pm

hmmm, interesting, thank you
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: thinking about painting my gun, help?   thinking about painting my gun, help? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:36 pm

Make sure using paint for the material, like plastic paint for plastic. And a clear coat but not glossy
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: thinking about painting my gun, help?   thinking about painting my gun, help? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:20 pm

and plastic primer if using anything not suited for plastics
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: thinking about painting my gun, help?   thinking about painting my gun, help? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:50 pm

Hey what ever happened to that challenge....di the guy wuss out or something? Make sure to cover all the openings and try not to paint anything that moves.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: thinking about painting my gun, help?   thinking about painting my gun, help? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:50 pm

He did dissapear, apparently forever....
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: thinking about painting my gun, help?   thinking about painting my gun, help? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 11:07 pm

DRY BRUSH
Two words, follow it...
Dry brush usually looks smoother, doesnt have bumps, etc...
Also I don't like those stencils, I like making it look like nature, messy, yet not bumpy.
For clarification I do a thin coat of black or green on each gun before dry brush.

After dry steel wool (very fine kind) all of the gun until smooth. (scratches will appear, just light little scratches, not scraping off paint but just light little scratches. Do this in different directions to get a "messy" look.

Now once smooth and looking nice just spray lightly with clear coat.

My favorite camo is a light green base, with small stripes of black, red and tan. IZ like to add a very dark blue sometimes to that...
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thinking about painting my gun, help?   thinking about painting my gun, help? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

thinking about painting my gun, help?
Page 1 of 1