Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Just thinking about it...

Go down 
4 posters

Which support weapon would you want to carry around?
CA36 - converted to an MG36 and about $300 worth of mods
Just thinking about it... Vote_lcap44%Just thinking about it... Vote_rcap
 44% [ 8 ]
CA M249 MKII no mods
Just thinking about it... Vote_lcap6%Just thinking about it... Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
CA M249 Para no mods
Just thinking about it... Vote_lcap6%Just thinking about it... Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Echo 1 M249 with about $250 worth of mods
Just thinking about it... Vote_lcap28%Just thinking about it... Vote_rcap
 28% [ 5 ]
Other support weapon
Just thinking about it... Vote_lcap16%Just thinking about it... Vote_rcap
 16% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Just thinking about it... Empty
PostSubject: Just thinking about it...   Just thinking about it... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 10:06 am

Well as I have mentioned on this forum previously, I am thinking about selling my M14 to a friend and buying a "Support" weapon. I am leaning towards buying a CA36 (full length version) and adding the following:
-C mag (electric fed, holds 2500 rds)
-bipod (have to have to consider it a support)
-high speed gears
-high speed motor
-10.8 volt battery
-lots of ammo

The other option is to buy some kind of M249, which I really like the looks of, but they do weigh about twice as much as the replica mentioned above. So with the weight savings, and performance I dont know of anything that should match it.

Let me know what you guys think in the poll. Consider weight, barrel length (CA36 is 495mm), compactness (CA36 has folding stock, M249 para also has collapsable stock), initial cost, etc...
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Just thinking about it...   Just thinking about it... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 9:53 pm

i would go with the MG36. all u realy need is to take ur G36C and get an Mg36 front for it. its not that costly heres one at redwolf: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=23087

then all you have to add is a Cmag. i would def look into battery bags(i know u have a PEQ but those are kinda small for support). < if you use a battery bag then you couls use a 4200mah 9.6V instead of the wimpy 1800 mah 9.6V. just an idea. plus the MG36's are usually alot more reliable than the M249's.

just some more options

sticks
Back to top Go down
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Just thinking about it...   Just thinking about it... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 9:54 pm

I think i voted for 3 of them, i thought the checks would hop over but i guess not.. anyways id say to get either the MKII or the Para, both are total beasts.
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Just thinking about it...   Just thinking about it... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 10:36 pm

Sticks: actually I was looking into that as an option... I may as well do it. I will probably go to a large type battery as you mentioned due to the fact that I will be going through a lot more rounds. Need the extra capacity of a large type (still not sure why my 1800mah is wimpy though... it is still a 9.6v so it puts out the same ROF).
The CA already has a good spring, piston head, cylinder head, metal shims, and a Systema Magnum torque on it... so all I will really need to do is buy the c mag, change the piston to a metal model of some kind and get some good gears to handle the abuse. The inner barrel is plenty long and has proven its accuracy to me, so I dont think that will be an issue.

I think there will be a CA MG36 here pretty soon I guess is what I am saying. Very Happy

Sentinel: while I really like the M249, they are just to darn heavy and if you carried around one all day your arms would be like jello for a week. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Just thinking about it...   Just thinking about it... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 10:43 pm

The heavy is the coolest thing about it, but i can see why you wouldn't want to carry it around. On the plus side, if you used it for a couple months straight you'd get pumped =[]
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Just thinking about it...   Just thinking about it... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 12:11 am

One thing I have noticed about guys that actually do play with M249's... you only see them in a stationary position. Typically if you see them in one spot early in the game, they are also there at the end of the game.

I am the type that plays best when I can move around and not get tired.
Back to top Go down
Slacker
Private
Private
Slacker

PostSubject: Re: Just thinking about it...   Just thinking about it... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:23 am

Wow got in on this one a little late
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just thinking about it...   Just thinking about it... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just thinking about it...
Page 1 of 1