Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

maintaining ghillie

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

maintaining ghillie Empty
PostSubject: maintaining ghillie   maintaining ghillie Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:11 am

okay so heres a few ways to maintain you ghillies.

clean out all sticks, leaves, mud .etc after game.

keep ontop of fraying ends, they just become a hassle and may get you spotter

keep it clean, its nice to throw it in for a bath now and again.

make sure that all knots are tight and cut of any jude that is going to fall off (stealth reasons)

well anybody can add things to this if they would like
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

PostSubject: Re: maintaining ghillie   maintaining ghillie Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:30 am

Only actually wash it every couple of games because the mud and dirt is part of the environment and thus better camo.
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: maintaining ghillie   maintaining ghillie Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:02 am

Spot on element and leaves are very very bad due to noise issue. As for stick those are ditched mid field. The best care instructions i can give is don't fall into thorns use them as veg very little and if they attach remove them right away. And store your ghillie in a specific bag just for the ghillie.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: maintaining ghillie   maintaining ghillie Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 7:56 pm

elementfrvr wrote:
Only actually wash it every couple of games because the mud and dirt is part of the environment and thus better camo.

well for me in Colorado, I have to wash it every game, depending on where I play at, if I play in the Mt. or out on the plains I have to wash it after the game because of tics, but then you can go drag your ghillie threw dirt and mud.

Another good material to use (which is what my next ghillie will be made out of) is hemp, instead of jute, it is less likely to fry out, and it isn't as smooth, meaning it will pick up that extra little bit that may safe your ass
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: maintaining ghillie   maintaining ghillie Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:03 pm

Satan wrote:
Spot on element and leaves are very very bad due to noise issue. As for stick those are ditched mid field. The best care instructions i can give is don't fall into thorns use them as veg very little and if they attach remove them right away. And store your ghillie in a specific bag just for the ghillie.

lol, the thors are horible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: maintaining ghillie   maintaining ghillie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

maintaining ghillie
Page 1 of 1