Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Survival kits for airsoft???

Go down 
+4
iliveforthis99
white wolf
Lone Wolf
lonesniper24
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Survival kits for airsoft??? Empty
PostSubject: Survival kits for airsoft???   Survival kits for airsoft??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:46 am

I don't know if any of you have really thought about it, but if your going to a huge op with a lot of playing room, you might want to keep a survival kit with you, it may seem a little weird or stupid, but ive heard of to many campers getting lost in the woods, it kinda makes me wounder and it is possible in one of them instances one of us may get lost in a huge milsim op. especially in woodland games in the mts. or something verging out of the field can be happen. idk whats your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits for airsoft???   Survival kits for airsoft??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:37 am

Yes a survival kit would be very idea. Keep it light weight though because I'd imagine your still going to have all of your A-S gear with you.

YOU CAN MAKE A SURVIVAL FIRE W/ A LIPO yay.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits for airsoft???   Survival kits for airsoft??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:38 am

I use flint
50 ft of climbing rope
a pocket knife
and some extra clothing
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits for airsoft???   Survival kits for airsoft??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:44 am

Some of things I do usually take with me in case are
-Frist aid kit
-CRKT 4" My tighe pocket knife
-50' of 550 paracord
-steel wool. I can start a fire using the steel wool and a airsoft battery.

I would edit my post but this computer's browser is screwed up...it won't load the language packs.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits for airsoft???   Survival kits for airsoft??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:05 am

I forgot the first aid..... woops
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits for airsoft???   Survival kits for airsoft??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:04 pm

I just Rambo it. Suspect

No not really, where i play there's no need for this stuff. But if i ever play a big game i'd probably stick some band aids/bandage, book of matches, and some paracord in my utility pouch. Probably would also find a way to strap my M7 bayonet to my gear as a knife. Oh and a compass and my cell phone wouldn't be a bad idea either to stick in there.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits for airsoft???   Survival kits for airsoft??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:17 pm

if i do a big op i will do this.

contents:
small first aid kit with extra contents of gauze and antibacterial cream
like LW said 50ft of para cord
extra long socks and extra underwear
dried meat/jerky, small amount
a boyscout mess kit/panplate cup utensils.
2-3 packs of raeman noodles.
and my water supply, hydration pack+extra bottles. a smalle 4X6 fleece blanket.
lighter+homemade firestarters [egg carton cut outs filled with canle wax] 2-3 0f these and a VERY small supply of cut small dried out wood.

hopefull carried in a 3 day assault pack
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits for airsoft???   Survival kits for airsoft??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:29 pm

Well I was thinking and looking around at the army navy store, and I saw some survival kits for campers and what not. then I started thinking about big ops and stuff, and it's no different then camping, depending on where you play at. Well then it got me thinking I might want to buy one just in that rare case that if something does happen, I travel out of the field and map radius, loose radio contact, or something I need a way to survive right? so I went over to the library and checked out a U.S. army survival book, and the S.A.S survival book and I've been reading them and stuff. I'm glad you guys actully think it's as good idea I was expecting to get flamed for it.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits for airsoft???   Survival kits for airsoft??? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:48 am

Just to be contrary...

I think you're going to end up packing a lot of heavy gear you won't need. You should boil it down to the (at most) six ounces of gear that will make survival in an emergency situation 10,000% easier. I would start with a cell phone. That would be on me anyway, but as long as you're in range, you might as well have it with you. After that, a compass, but remember to check before you get lost which direction to travel to get to a road or something else hard to miss. Next, gauze, or I actually prefer climbers' tape. It's useful for more than just dressing injuries.

Unless you're planning on spending the night, rope, fire starters, extra food/water, etc. will be unnecessary weight. Bring enough food and water to last you through the game or the day or whatever, but you're not going to starve to death if you have a compass or cellphone or other comms gear and can make it back the same day.

After carrying a lot of gear around with me to practice and skirmishes and whatnot, I'm quickly becoming a proponent of a minimalist approach to airsoft. The less gear you're carrying, the better. Boil it down to what you 100% need, 100% of the time and what you will 10,000% need 1% of the time.
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits for airsoft???   Survival kits for airsoft??? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:59 am

Survival kits heres what you need and my bro taught me this hes been studying survival in living with nothing for a few years.
Space Blanket
Tracker knife ( the best survival tool ever created but its a bit pricey but lemme tell you when you use it its feels like it shoulda cost over 1000 dollars http://www.topsknives.com/product_info.php?products_id=155&osCsid=ht4schcsld8glk4ob35a20j4h4 )
Or a regular knife but it has to be made of carbon
somthing for fire matchs are last ditch the best are those magnesium scratch things
Para cord
medkit a standard samll one will do
MIRROR AND WISTLE if our lost thats how your found
KNOWLEDGE if you go into anything that may require you to survive know how to do it. Knowing how to make a scout pit and debris hut will do for shelter understanding plants is a plus. And a bow drill for fire. Bare minimum you should know how to make a debris hut and how to make and use a bow drill.
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits for airsoft???   Survival kits for airsoft??? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:10 am

I carry a knife, compass, emergency whistle, Temp. guage, 3 liter hydration carrier and my radio thats what i consider my emergency kit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survival kits for airsoft???   Survival kits for airsoft??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Survival kits for airsoft???
Page 1 of 1