Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Quitting AS for a while

Go down 
+2
Zane
lonesniper24
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Quitting AS for a while Empty
PostSubject: Quitting AS for a while   Quitting AS for a while Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 1:31 am

So the title says it all, I'm going to get everything i need before, then use it till it breaks. The reason being i really need to start thinking about getting a vehical, I got 15 months before i get my permit, and my grandma/dad can't affored to get me a used car so i am fending for myself ill by a cheap car and work on it all summer, so its ready by time im 16 to start driving. The stuff i buy will have to last me till it breaks after that then i geuss I'm S.O.L
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Quitting AS for a while   Quitting AS for a while Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:24 am

well make sure the stuff you do buy is high quelity, and take good care of it- this way you get years out of it. And instead of a AEG you might think about maybe getting a rifle, maybe not as fun or maybe youll love it but rifles have much less moving parts, are easy to repair (mostly) and upgrade and will last longer. Good luck with your car...you could also consider a motorcycle ^^
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Quitting AS for a while   Quitting AS for a while Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 11:22 am

yeah im getting the tsd m700 then upgrading internals. I would get a motorcycle, its just the problem is I will have a "Watch your language" of a time during winter with the snow. I'm probly goin to get a jeep or a truck. ATM though I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled in an hour.
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Quitting AS for a while   Quitting AS for a while Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 4:17 am

Why must you drive?
I got my permit and can almost get my license but there is no point
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Quitting AS for a while   Quitting AS for a while Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 4:06 pm

well, i don't have to quit. I found a camaro for 1000 and i can work out a payment plan.

As for you creed, i'm not going to be able to drive for a while but i'm going to have to work on the car its self interior, motor and what not but, back to the point if i need to go anywhere i need to walk or ride my bike, because my parents won't take me anywhere.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Quitting AS for a while   Quitting AS for a while Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 4:25 pm

Nice, what year is the Camaro?
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Quitting AS for a while   Quitting AS for a while Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 4:59 pm

The Camaro is an 87 and like a blueish green not turquoise but it looks like "Watch your language", I'll have to repaint it, and a whole bunch of things change the interior, but it runs and has a clear title so I am going to put a down payment on it my next full pay check.
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Quitting AS for a while   Quitting AS for a while Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:26 pm

If you can find one, you might consider an old subaru. They are usually way underpriced for what they can do, and generally very reliable. $1k seems like a lot for a fixer-upper. You could get a working car in decent shape for less than half that if you look hard.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Quitting AS for a while   Quitting AS for a while Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 7:21 pm

Yeah I was gonna say, a thousand for 20 year old beat up car that needs tons o' work......I'd find a better deal if I were you.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Quitting AS for a while   Quitting AS for a while Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 7:34 pm

It's not really that much work I went and I got to test drive it and stuff it seems to be fine no odd sounds from the motor and everything seems to be going the way it should be, the only thing I really see really needed to be done was some wiring in the dash, fix up the light, and a new radio.

@Omega

yeah I've been looking at Subaru but I haven't found any that were any good, for the most part they had a decent interior, but I got under them and they had a whole lotta rust on the bottom, I would usually knock it off and make it look pertty again, but it ate threw the floor board and everything. I think the camaro is the best I can really do, plus I know everything is clear and it drives okay.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Quitting AS for a while   Quitting AS for a while Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:05 pm

My friend recently purchased an 82 camaro for $800. He is at the moment fixend it up and installed a new blower and a different transmission that is yet to be installed.....so if your lucky you might find a gem hiding somwhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quitting AS for a while   Quitting AS for a while Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quitting AS for a while
Page 1 of 1