Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Key components to a team

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Key components to a team Empty
PostSubject: Key components to a team   Key components to a team Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:20 am

Okay well i found a kid from school thats into paintball and AS. so he said that he'd love to join another AS team, hes got a TM aeg, and from what it sounds like killyouno5 has a jg g3, i want to know what positions are good for a team from 5-8.

heres what i got.
supportive gunner
rifle men
sniper/DM (my role)

i don't really know what else, we wont play CQB so don't say a CQB expert.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Key components to a team   Key components to a team Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 6:46 am

Riflemen are the backbone of any team. Other roles can be filled as needed to support them, but I'd say the more riflemen the better. Depending on were you play and whether you have 5 or 8 players, you'll want one or two support gunners and one or two long-range marksmen. I don't know if your team has or needs a dedicated medic, but that's an idea if someone wants to be different (this person would otherwise be a normal rifleman). Other specializations like that would be a grenadier or engineer that in addition to their assault rifle has some form of grenade or trap device such as a claymore. But really, the more riflemen you have, the more flexible your battle plans can be.
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Key components to a team   Key components to a team Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:52 am

Before you think about roles you need to set up a clear chain of command, whose in charge and if he is not present who is next and so on. Next you need to set up communication whever radio ect with a clear operating procedure that everyone will follow. Once thats all taken care of you can worry about the various roles of the team members and I would recomend the following

- 1 "Sniper" that can split of and harass the enemy, slow down movememnt ect.
- Possibly a spotter for the sniper
- 1 DMR
- 5 General rifleman

In a small squad type element you wont have need for a support gunner unless someone REALY wants to do it, you can easily give cover fire with your rifleman firing in rotation or all at once, and in the process you save money by not pointlessly shooting 1000's of BB's down range without hitting anything. I have always been a strong supporter of accuracy, not the spray and pray philosophy.

And finaly you need to practice squad movements and various plans of action so in the real situation you can perform well as a team, as an old drill sargeant once said "Practice how you perform" (Mainly basic flanks, how to respond when under fire -don't run like chickans without a head-, how to defend a posision, how to attack, just simnple stuff like that)

Most importantly you need to be able to function as a team, with clear leadership, or your just another bunch of 12 year old backyarders. -Ubi Concordia, Ibi Victoria-
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Key components to a team   Key components to a team Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:55 pm

1 man teams are the way to go. im an army of one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Key components to a team   Key components to a team Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:41 am

well about the supportive he can carry his gun and use it as an assault type weapon, but hes putting a drum mag on cuz he hate reloading and doesnt like high caps. as for the sniper/dm it's going to be me. which ill be a dm till we get 8 people, then ill split it into 2 3 man fire teams and a sniper with either a spotter, another sniper or add on extra to a fire team that depends.
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Key components to a team   Key components to a team Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:12 pm

At that size adding another sniper is realy not the best idea, if you split into fire teams make sure your all in range of each other and stay in radio contact, agian like I said if you don't work as a team don't bother making one just go and play the game and have fun
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Key components to a team   Key components to a team Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:59 pm

yeah, well the two fire teams will split up depending on the situation, but they will stay together for the most part. and like i said we might get another sniper but don't really know
Back to top Go down
cjsnipe
Private
Private
cjsnipe

Location : Your Bedroom......... are you scared? You should be

PostSubject: Re: Key components to a team   Key components to a team Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:52 am

well theres a spoter if u want some help with sniping
Back to top Go down
http://cjsnipesasguide.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Key components to a team   Key components to a team Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Key components to a team
Page 1 of 1