Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Snow Tactics

Go down 
+3
iliveforthis99
Spl. Durkee
Undertaker
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Undertaker
Corporal
Corporal
Undertaker

Snow Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Snow Tactics   Snow Tactics Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:43 pm

Hey guys well weve been getting alot of snow here in maryland and i have been having trouble with it. I am fairly good at concealing myself (Im a sniper) but i have room for improvement, especially with snow on the ground.

I don't have any snowcamo, and am limited to two loadouts. Generic Vietnam Era Woodland Camo or Army ACU camo. WHich should i wear?
Also, i have trouble finding useful positions to snipe from. I can hit a target at 100+ feet, but i can't find an area that is shadowed with vegitation (my favorite type of position)
So just to outline my questions:
1. What is the best loadout for me? ACU or Woodland?
2. What would an ideal position look like?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Snow Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Tactics   Snow Tactics Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:55 pm

Undertaker wrote:
Hey guys well weve been getting alot of snow here in maryland and i have been having trouble with it. I am fairly good at concealing myself (Im a sniper) but i have room for improvement, especially with snow on the ground.

I don't have any snowcamo, and am limited to two loadouts. Generic Vietnam Era Woodland Camo or Army ACU camo. WHich should i wear?
Also, i have trouble finding useful positions to snipe from. I can hit a target at 100+ feet, but i can't find an area that is shadowed with vegitation (my favorite type of position)
So just to outline my questions:
1. What is the best loadout for me? ACU or Woodland?
2. What would an ideal position look like?

Woodland with snow coveralls. Thats the best way to go.
Ideal position would be as far from a tree as possible. Its counter-intuitive...but a big blob at the base of tree is a dead giveaway.
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Snow Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Tactics   Snow Tactics Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:59 pm

If you don't want to get Snow camo or white coveralls wear the ACU. Snow is probably one of the few environments that ACU may actually semi work in.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
Undertaker
Corporal
Corporal
Undertaker

Snow Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Tactics   Snow Tactics Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:14 pm

Thanks for the tips!
Any suggestions for weapon concealment? I use a black L96, and have heard opinions that say to tape it and to not tape it.
For Tape: Buy Some winter camoform tape and tape the body and barrel

No Tape: W/O tape it resembles a black branch or somesuch..

I have a rifle ghillie, but once again it is a bushy woodland ghillie.

I don't have too much money $50 at most, so if you can find things that are easily accsesible thatd be great.
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Snow Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Tactics   Snow Tactics Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:07 pm

Wrap a white towel or sheet around the gun.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

Snow Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Tactics   Snow Tactics Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:37 pm

I would use climber's tape. I always keep some on me while airsofting to quickly patch-up injuries. It's great for covering cuts, immobilizing wrists, and it's sticky but doesn't leave a residue. It's white cloth tape, so it may work well to wrap your gun with. And it won't leave residue on metal or plastic either. You can find it at REI or other outdoor retailers that carry climbing gear. A roll of it will be maybe $3.
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

Snow Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Tactics   Snow Tactics Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:38 pm

If I where you I'd go with woodland if there's enough vegetation not covered with snow, if not ACU.
Then take white garbage bags and cut the into strips and apply them with good white tape to your gear and camouflage, climbers tape like Eric said. you can also dig a slight ditch or hole in the snow lay in it with a garbage bag on the ground and over you and have a teammate cover most of you. It work trust me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/realm_of_burgess
Mattjoebob
Private
Private

Snow Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Tactics   Snow Tactics Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 5:36 pm

I have Two different loadouts. One for Winter and One for the other seasons. I have my regualr guns either black, dessert, or woodland camo. My winter guns are whiteout camo with a tad of black and grey. If you are really devoted then you should save your money for some winter camo. I know the Wal-Marts here in West Virginia have snow camo in the winter for fairly good prices.
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

Snow Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Tactics   Snow Tactics Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 6:06 pm

I... words cannot express my anger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snow Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow Tactics   Snow Tactics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snow Tactics
Page 1 of 1