Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

The Epic Stereotype

Go down 
+2
JamillaTheKilla
M14 double-taps
6 posters
AuthorMessage
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

The Epic Stereotype Empty
PostSubject: The Epic Stereotype   The Epic Stereotype Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:48 pm

We all know it. We all HATE it. We, as airsofters can't except it but must fight it. You know what I'm talking about here. Well, I guess theres no better place to start, than from the beginning. From where this crappy stereotype of airsoft begins: The guns.

You know what I am talking about. The 15 dollar mini electric guns from Wal-Mart, or one of those cheap springer Uzis with a crapload of accessories on it. Well, this is one of those guns you get for your birthday from your grandma and after thirty minutes of shooting it breaks or gets boring and you say to yourself: "wow, that was fun for five minutes." This gun is one of the reasons airsofting can get such a bad name from. A person new to airsoft would buy these guns because, hey, its cheap, it comes with a silencer, lazer, and other stuff. cool, right? well they get home, shoot it, and either it breaks in a day or it gets put away in the baesment, not to be seen for ages, and then the misguided child starts spreading the rumor that all of us Airsofters have heard, and HATE: "dude, f*** airsoft, it doesn't even hurt. Go buy a paintball gun." I blame most of the mis-understandings of Airsoft on these types of guns. I know this because I have seen it first hand several times, and I bought one of these guns for solely THOSE reasons, I was a noob. That was THREE years ago.....

Now, ever since I have started Airsofting, and I mean ever since I have gotten REALLY into the sport, I have fought these rumors and stereotypes of our sport to the best of my abilities. Since I have started to crusade for airsoft, (lol I love my use of vocabulary) our great sport is really starting to boom in my area. I feel really accomplished in the feeling that I have helped our sport grow. All it takes is having them over, letting them borrow a good gun or two, showing them websites which are reliable, really introduce them to the works. Thats all it takes.

So yes, in the end we all know that our sport is stereoyped next to paintball, and that is why we must ban together to fight it! spread the word, stand up for airsoft!! Can I get a HOOAH! from all my fellow airsofters out there?!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
JamillaTheKilla
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: The Epic Stereotype   The Epic Stereotype Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:58 pm

HOOAH! Lol....yeah, one of my friends did exactly the same thing. I was like, "Hey, you gotta try airsoft." So he goes to walmart and purchases a $15 uzi, by crossman....which explains a lot. So he showed up and we had a "backyard battle." He got completely bored because the gun itself wasn't to good, and he eventually got mad and threw it at me, and he actually got me with it...lol. But since then i try to get him to come play with us, because we know have extra guns that are good, but he keeps saying "airsoft sucks" "call me when you play paintball." So, on day me and my friend Adam got together and said, ok. So we had the "airsoft hater" find a partner and they used paintball guns, and Adam and I used airsoft guns. We won 5 out of 7 matches. The main reason for that is airsoft forces you to use tactics, where as paintball is essentially "spray & pray." Not that im knocking paintball, i do enjoy it as well, but not as much as airsoft. I think if those anti-airsofters actually played with good guns, they would like it more. Thats all i got.

~JTK~
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Epic Stereotype   The Epic Stereotype Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 1:44 pm

Yea thats how someone i knew got a bunch of kids in his neighborhood hooked on it.

We called it the park wood commons militia. Yet it was all end all a good game...still destroyed them though EPIC pwn. lol

Paintball utilizes the same strategies as airsoft, It isn't neccesarily "spraying", but it is called "filling the lanes" They use this in speedball only. Now woods paintball is COMPLETELY similar to airsoft strategies. You still use ghilli, you still can use ghilli gun rags.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
JamillaTheKilla
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: The Epic Stereotype   The Epic Stereotype Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 1:49 pm

Yeah, im just going off of what everyone around here does. Here its just annoying to play someone because all they do is hold the trigger and go mad.

~JTK~
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Epic Stereotype   The Epic Stereotype Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 1:58 pm

I hate it when n00bies do that. Alot of times They are distracted or trapped their. While their team on the other hand needs the support fire.

Just like chess
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Epic Stereotype   The Epic Stereotype Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 6:23 pm

You really shouldn't use full names. but ok...

LOL...we weren't even that organized the time we took out the parkwood commons militia...
It was basically guerilla style...

We didn't have any strategic postions at the time, just me and a few friends with aslt rifles...
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: The Epic Stereotype   The Epic Stereotype Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 10:23 pm

Agreed I like playing newbies just for kicks but a real game is what I play for .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
JamillaTheKilla
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: The Epic Stereotype   The Epic Stereotype Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 11:58 pm

Also, here, its not just the stereo type that makes people not want to play. A bunch of people don't like the Honor System. They always say, "How would you know if you hit someone?" They just don't understand that people will actually accept hits. They just believe that everone is going to say that they didn't get hit and keep shooting.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: The Epic Stereotype   The Epic Stereotype Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:33 pm

when I saw the title I thought that this was gonna be about the other main steriotype(the whole training child soldiers/terrorists/hate crime breeding ground one...). For the people who say airsoft is for(a lack of a better word) sissies, just explain that pain is not what airsoft (or paintball) is about. If the person continues explain to them that you don't feel the need to prove your manlyness by playing with something that causes pain. Smile

If you want the people who are saying this take them to a game. I assure you they will get hoocked!

sticks
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: The Epic Stereotype   The Epic Stereotype Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:53 pm

I hate it when people act like that .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: The Epic Stereotype   The Epic Stereotype Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 9:55 pm

Very nice topic M14! I think that is a pretty cool way to get people into airsoft. I too have been battling these LPEGS ever since I seriously started playing airsoft by having friends use some of my own guns. It really is a great way to let someone see what airsoft is really about, while bypassing the "walmart gun phase". It also helps when the first time somebody plays it is with some of my better friends who are a lot of fun (aka team Juggernauts). This gets people hooked really quickly even if they do not get more than a hand full of kills the whole day of practice.

-Roamer
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Epic Stereotype   The Epic Stereotype Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Epic Stereotype
Page 1 of 1