Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

springs good or bad?

Go down 
+2
Lone Wolf
RED89
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RED89
Private
Private

springs good or bad? Empty
PostSubject: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:43 pm

is a M170 the spring i need for my L96 and if so what els do i need to get for the most performance and fps?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:48 pm

It depends on what you want for your performance.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
RED89
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:52 pm

i want to get the most fps while firing a .28g bb
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:55 pm

what FPS? there is more than just a spring involved. And you don't need a super painful gun to be effective on the field. Simply 450 with a .28 is great as long as it is accurate.
Back to top Go down
RED89
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:58 pm

but isn't it true the more FPS you have, the bigger the bb you can fire with good range and the heaver the bb the more accurate it will be?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:21 pm

RED89 wrote:
but isn't it true the more FPS you have, the bigger the bb you can fire with good range and the heaver the bb the more accurate it will be?

No its a balance called inertia that determines how accurate your bb's are.
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:08 pm

Because of inertia, a .28g BB leaving the barrel at 450 fps will travel farther and straighter than a .20g BB at the same velocity. This also means that a heavier BB will transfer more energy to a target than a lighter BB if both are traveling at the same velocity.

Practically speaking, BBs, barrel, spring guide, and hopup are more important for accuracy. As far as the spring goes, maybe an M150? Up in that range, someone could get seriously hurt if you're not careful.
Back to top Go down
RED89
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 pm

so are you saying that the M170 is too powerful? if so what weapon is it designed for?
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:58 pm

Unless all your internals are upgraded, it could break your gun. If you really want the maximum range, go for it, but that also means committing to all top-of-the-line internals, high quality, heavy weight BBs, and regular maintenance if you want it to last.
Back to top Go down
RED89
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:01 pm

i just want to have a spring that will allow me to fire a .28 hopfuly 100- 150 yards. and then after that i will work on a barrel to make it accurate. I just hope im not crazy
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:09 pm

You are never going to get ANY, and I repeat, ANY, airsoft gun to fire 300 feet. I have yet to see one that can fire over 180ft.
Back to top Go down
RED89
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:11 pm

o crap i ment 100-150ft lol sry
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:14 pm

Oh, okay. Good. Carry on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:15 pm

The barrel is more important, really. If you got a nice barrel and maybe a new hopup unit depending on the quality of the stock one, coupled with using the heavier BBs, that will do you a world of good. It doesn't matter if you can shoot 150 feet if the BBs fly off in odd directions.

So, FIRST make it accurate, THEN replace any wimpy internals with high-quality metal ones, and FINALLY upgrade your spring. That's the safest way to go I'd say.
Back to top Go down
RED89
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:19 pm

And that is the thing i have no clue what barrel i need or anything about a hop up so im kinda in he dark about that lol.
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:22 am

For a beast sniper rifle like you're making, you'll want a 6.01mm or tighter bore, but make sure there are a couple hundredths of a millimeter leeway between your barrel bore and your BB diameter. With this tight of a bore, it's absolutely essential to clean your barrel regularly. There's a very realistic chance of jamming if you don't clean the barrel regularly and use high quality BBs. As far as the hopup goes, if the stock one is full metal, I wouldn't worry about it. If it's plastic, replace it with a metal one.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 12:58 pm

I have a Bar 10 stock that shoots 125ft accurately with 400 FPS and my freind can shoot 150+ with a simple TBB in his Bar 10......so.......
Back to top Go down
RED89
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:17 pm

so what would u recommend?
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:26 pm

RED89 wrote:
so are you saying that the M170 is too powerful? if so what weapon is it designed for?

Dropping a 170 spring into a stock gun (Stock meaning nothing has been upgraded) is like putting a car battery on a cheap RC car-it would burn out and break. There IS more to it than just throwing in a bigger spring. You CAN put in a bigger one, but I wouldn't suggest bigger than a 140. MAybe 150.

Also, I believe AEG and L96 springs are different....correct me if I'm wrong
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
RED89
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:54 pm

im not shur im a rookie at this, i just want to most FPS with .28g bbs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: springs good or bad?   springs good or bad? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

springs good or bad?
Page 1 of 1